Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• WillowWillow Posts: 8,785
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    mtir685waq3z.png

Looks like they might be pretty darned good drivers & horn... but... ewww.

Bet it doesn't come with Alexa....
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607(pre), Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android MXQ Amlogic S805 Media player. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Rotel 1075, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,620
    edited January 11
    Tony M wrote: »
    ^^^^

That would be right at home in a Tattoo Shop though. B)

Now that would make a statement.
    Hmm... so, if I were ever to get a tattoo...

;)
    Willow wrote: »
    mtir685waq3z.png

Maybe that is "Alexa" :o
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• tonybtonyb Posts: 28,037
    Looks like an Alien from one of those "invasion from Mars" movies...."ack ack" lol.
    ERA D-5
    B&K 1403
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    SVS SB-2000 SUB
    Sony 4k bdp
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
    Wireworld eclipse 7 Ic's
  • WillowWillow Posts: 8,785
    Tony M wrote: »
    ^^^^

That would be right at home in a Tattoo Shop though. B)

Now that would make a statement.
    Hmm... so, if I were ever to get a tattoo...

;)
    Willow wrote: »
    mtir685waq3z.png

Maybe that is "Alexa" :o

Would Russ know?
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607(pre), Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android MXQ Amlogic S805 Media player. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Rotel 1075, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs

PS I am pretty sure that photo was a sneak preview of the Polk SDA reboot for 2019.

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,147
    A picture...of a picture...yeah I'm bored...

ofq7xi6a7jjn.jpg
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
    Now, take a picture of that -- and you'll be getting somewhere :)

• Tony MTony M Posts: 3,753
    You'd be getting to the original " Escape from the Planet of the Apes " scenario of time travel.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
  • xschopxschop Posts: 716
    edited January 11
    When Porsche doesn't offer a real engine....

lcaujeus5484.jpg

Post edited by xschop on
    or Back to the Future :)

x4rbur0mj0zf.png

• mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,556
    Here's a picture of my wood.

55jsj6xjtxft.jpeg
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
    Good -- it's disappearin' fast up this-a-ways thanks to the crazy cold snap since Christmas (currently in remission, though).
    https://www.npr.org/2018/01/11/577453517/how-firewood-is-faring-in-vermont-after-severe-cold-spell

Every man looks upon his wood pile with a kind of affection.
    -- Thoreau

• tonybtonyb Posts: 28,037
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Here's a picture of my wood.

55jsj6xjtxft.jpeg

Ya know....I looked at your wood....but I had one eye closed, just in case.
    ERA D-5
    B&K 1403
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    SVS SB-2000 SUB
    Sony 4k bdp
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
    Wireworld eclipse 7 Ic's
  • verbverb Posts: 105
    Winters in Michigan always force me to put my toys to bed. But it gives me a chance to work on my speakers !!!

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/179960/another-1c-upgrade-path#latest

505dav782aaf.jpg

xlvbl5tq20q7.jpg

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 910
    That front wheel on the first one is sweet.
    NAD C 316BEE, Marantz cd6004, Rotel RCD-1072, Sony SCD-CE595, Polk Audio LSiM 703
    Clipdat wrote: »
    That front wheel on the first one is sweet.

Thanks @clipdat. My first Harley. 99 Sportster has 2500 miles on it. Bought it used 5 years ago for 2 grand and since over doubled that amount with many mods. Whole new front end to accomodate the Paul Yaffe front wheel. Upgraded engine, brakes, chrome, custom bags, stupid money, etc ...

Just picked up the 2003 Heritage Softail earlier this year. What a different ride !!!

Love em both !!!

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 910
    Sportster all dayyyyy
    No comparison :)
    NAD C 316BEE, Marantz cd6004, Rotel RCD-1072, Sony SCD-CE595, Polk Audio LSiM 703
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 1,093
    edited January 11
    ge9g5bw5f7w9.jpg

When the local SWAT wants to do drills....

They come to me (my back yard that is).
    FestYboy wrote: »
    ge9g5bw5f7w9.jpg

When the local SWAT wants to do drills....

They come to me (my back yard that is).

As long as it's just a drill -- you don't have anything to tell us, do you?

:)

I vividly remember birding along the Nashua River with my wife one afternoon in Harvard, MA some years back. The other side of the river was still part of the Army's Ft. Devens. There were exercises going on. Soldiers in full battle gear running through the brush, dropping like that & firing.

It was a little -- unnerving.

:)

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 1,093
    Yeah, just an exercise. That pic was actually taken by Caety (significant other) while I was working out of state. Said an officer came to the door and asked permission to use the property. I think the only thing that bothered us about it is the fact that there's an elementary school directly across the street from us and that there may be a need for that kind of preparedness.

I figure it this way though: it's better to have and not need than to need and not have (in this case a plan and preparation).
    FestYboy wrote: »
    ... I think the only thing that bothered us about it is the fact that there's an elementary school directly across the street from us and that there may be a need for that kind of preparedness.

I figure it this way though: it's better to have and not need than to need and not have (in this case a plan and preparation).

That's a big 10-4.

:|

• mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,309
    I vividly remember birding along the Nashua River with my wife one afternoon

Uhm ......
    There were exercises going on.

I'm not exactly sure if that's really appropriate for ....
    ..... running through the brush, dropping like that & firing.

:o

Well ! Yet, still .....

mrw-i-see-this-gif-after-i-havent-seen-it-in-a-while-22113.gif

MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Sportster all dayyyyy
    No comparison :)
    Yep that's why I decided to keep the Sporty !!! Acceleration, handling, etc., more crisp than the Heritage.
    The Heritage is a great cruiser !!! Long distance rides, lower CG, comfort, just more refined than the visceral Sportster.
    Gotta have both !!!
  • OldmanSRSOldmanSRS Posts: 442
    nbrowser wrote: »
    A picture...of a picture...yeah I'm bored...

ofq7xi6a7jjn.jpg

Gizmo on the left, is posting pictures on facebook again.
    b0x38fo9jmpx.jpg
    '65 427 Shelby AC Cobra
    '72 Triumph TR-6
    '05 HSU VTF-3 Sub
    '93 Carver TFM-35 (just because)
    '88 Carver M-1.0t (just because)
    '14 PGA2310 based custom remote volume control
    '88 Adcom GFP-555
    '88 Adcom GFA-555 (upgraded/restored)
    '05 Onkyo DV-555 media
    '89 Pioneer Laser Disc media
    '89 Sony SuperBeta HiFi media
  • stangman67stangman67 Posts: 448
    Listening buddy!

GrPjUpv.jpg
    2 Channel
    BlueSound Node 2 Streaming Tidal I Marantz CD6006 I TEAC AI-3000 I Musical Fidelity M1Dac I Focal Aria 926 I Wireworld Eclipse 7 IC's I Acoustic Zen Satori SC I Pangea AC14SE MkII/PS Audio AC-3 Power Cables

Living Room HT
    Sony XBR65X930E I Q Acoustics 2020i I Q Acoustics 3090c I FXI-A4's I DIY 15" Dayton SW I

Man Cave
    BENQ HT2050 I Silver Ticket 120" Fixed Screen I JBL Bar 3.1
    edited January 14
    c733lpax4do0.jpg
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
    vgw2j1e0our0.jpg
    edited January 14
    Deleted