Sorry for being a rule breaker - great vintage polk speakers for great price

Options

Comments

• 2michaud
    2michaud Posts: 132
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm feeling sorry for benzlo here. I feel he has been harrassed too much for what he has done. I agree, he broke the rules which is inexcusible, since they are there and should be respected even if you don't agree with them. However, this guy isn't some malicious crook who is rude, and deceitful like some people we have had on this forum before. I don't feel a nice guy like benzlo who has apologized numerous times should be grilled to the same degree these other truly disrespectful members have been.

These are just my thoughts and opinions that I wanted to express. I'm not trying to stir the pot, or disrespect any of the very senior members that are posting in this thread. I have always had a heart for the underdog.

Best regards,

2michaud :)
    I think Bananas are awesome fruit.

HT: Polk Audio RTi8 x2, Polk Audio CSi5, Polk Audio FXi3 x2, Velodyne DPS-12, Harman/Kardon AVR 247, Samsung 245BW Moniter/TV, Yamaha S1700 DVD/SACD, BJC Optical Cable, 12 guage speaker cable, Monster Standard Subwoofer Cable, Monster Lightspeed 1000 Optical Cable, Z-Line component rack, APC SurgeArrest 11-outlet.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=81835
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    As for the fellow who advised to just post nonsense to get to the 25 post count...GET LOST. We spot people like you a mile away & your crap just sits there and rots since nobody will touch it!

I didn't mean to offend with that post. It should have had a :) beside it. It's just my dry humor, so let me 'splain the post:

1) Any forum has people that post to threads that aren't contributing to the subject and I understand the difference between BS (bad) and friendly banter (OK).

2) My post was as an example of a BS post, and it was about posting a BS post.

3) That post and my subsequent 2 posts in this thread were to get my post count to 25, and also part of the joke.

From now on, I'll keep my jokes in the proper thread.

Lasareath wrote: »
    I'd buy your stuff. You made 25 posts in one year and you already have 3 positive transactions.

Thanks, Lasareath.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited September 2008
    Options
    benzlo wrote: »
    There is so much negativitivity oozing from the vast majoity of these responses that my faith in the character of man himself has been damaged.

If a few justifiably sharp and provoked responses from members of an Internet forum that you have no real interest in can damage your "faith in the character of man", that provides additional insight into your [lack of] character.
    I had one member contact me by Email just to appologize for the level of harshness that is apparent in these reponses.

Good luck to you both. /// \\\ ||| -() |(0/// ///|||\\\
    He said he didn't have any money for the speakers so I invited him over just to hear them so he could use that knowledge in future purchases.

How magnanimous and altruistic of you. It's a pity that philanthropy isn't part of your expansive treasure trove of admirable character traits. Awwwwwwwwwwww.:(
    Do I need the money? yes; do I need it from members of this forum? no.

Then why are you still here talking to us? Is the prospect of a lucrative sale from this forum too much of a temptation to resist and you are hanging around hoping that someone, with money this time, will contact you?
    I just wanted members to know that they exist and are available.

I still keep coming back to this:
    I bought a pair of speakers last night and I have to get the $ back in my account before my fiancee sees it. C'mon I'm just trying to survive here!

Besides, as you were informed before, we are quite adept at sniffing out audio deals, SDA and otherwise. I know you don't have much time to spend on the forum getting to know how things work around here, so I went to the trouble of gathering some examples. I can be magnanimous too. Here are some links:

1.2's on eBay

2.3TL's on eBay

SDA 1 on Craiglist

Audio Deals Of The Day

You could do a search and find many, many more, but your writings lead me to believe that you really don't have the time. Thanks for unselfishly and generously offering to help us reach our vintage audio goals at great sacrifice to yourself.
    I bought a pair of speakers last night and I have to get the $ back in my account before my fiancee sees it. C'mon I'm just trying to survive here!
    I know my equipment isn't high and mighty. I don't have the holy grail of speakers.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Cfrizz will take care of that. She's not all nice, warm and fuzzy...like me.

By the way, are you ever, ever going to address this:
    If some members want to inject some sort of mal-intent into that; it is entirely by their own hand and has nothing to do with me.

Sure...whatever you say.
    People are even labeling my sincere aopologies and typed feelings of remorse as lies!?

Who? Who tried to pin a false label of liar on you? Who in their right mind could even conceive such a thought? I certainly can't.
    The speakers will sell themselves. I'm offering them under market value. If I was wrong about that I'm sure it would have been jammed down my throat several times by now.

Not to jam anything down your throat, but there was a rather shady fellow who tried to sell a pair of 1.2TL's on eBay recently. They didn't sell themselves.

1.2TL's On eBay-No Sale For Shady Seller

Since the eBay link will eventually expire, I am attaching a PDF copy of the ad for future readers.
    Take it as far as you want but my intent is a as pure as it gets.

Sure Mac...sure.
    Beside; you know they'll sell anyway!!

No, we don't know that. Do you keep repeating that just to build your confidence? Here's some love:

No eBay Sale For That Shady Shady 1.2TL Seller
    Please turn off your auto-negative response, turn on that tiny light inside that tells you once in a while to trust a small fraction of that which you are exposed to, and tell me how that is bad.

Damn man...don't beg. You have already said the speakers are going to sell no matter what...so go sell them. The way you are acting...it seems like something tragic is going to happen if you don't get the speakers sold and paid for tonight.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • 2michaud
    2michaud Posts: 132
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hey, what does this mean/say/look like?

/// \\\ ||| -() |(0/// ///|||\\\

Been staring at it for a while and I can't figure it out :o
    I think Bananas are awesome fruit.

HT: Polk Audio RTi8 x2, Polk Audio CSi5, Polk Audio FXi3 x2, Velodyne DPS-12, Harman/Kardon AVR 247, Samsung 245BW Moniter/TV, Yamaha S1700 DVD/SACD, BJC Optical Cable, 12 guage speaker cable, Monster Standard Subwoofer Cable, Monster Lightspeed 1000 Optical Cable, Z-Line component rack, APC SurgeArrest 11-outlet.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=81835
    Options
    If a few justifiably sharp and provoked responses from members of an Internet forum that you have no real interest in can damage your "faith in the character of man", that provides additional insight into your [lack of] character.

You truly enjoy this. I'm happy for you. You're good at it.

No one has provoked the responses you have provided. You have something inside of you that is dying to come out. It manifests itself inside the way you construct negative intent into every individual sentence I have written.

An innocent act could not be so tainted and misinterpretted with such conviction without a strong and determined force actively working to do so. It's alive inside you.

I know this beacause you are 100% incorrect about my character.

Another thought:
    Anyone can take individual sentences from a greater context and make them sound bad. That's just like a bad political commercial; nobody likes it.

For some reason I'm inclined to comment that you have a remarkable vocabulary and I've really been enjoying the strength of your sarcasm.

It's late. I'm pooped.
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Originally Posted by DarqueKnight
    I'll buy the speakers if you can explain the apparent discrepancy between two of your comments:
    Originally Posted by benzlo
    Originally Posted by benzlo
    My thread was started with the sole intent of giving someone who shares that passion the opportunity to get one step closer to their goals.
    Yes you are right, that sounds a bit double edged.

Really? You think?
    However it is easily explained:

The speakers at this price will sell themsleves.

Then why aren't they sold already?
    They are for sale right now because I need the money. Therefore I posted them on Craigslist.

I posted them on the Polk forum to get them in front of a specific audience who loves Polk speakers. This specific group has a special interest in Polk speakers, thus they have goals that are dependent upon the acquisition of Polk equipment.

The speakers were posted on Craigslist for the intent of selling them. The Craigslist sale was posted here so a Polk lover could have them and love them. They will sell either way.

I hope this clears something up.

No, you didn't clear up anything at all. At one place you are quoted as saying your sole, as in only, as in ONE intent for offering the speakers for sale here was to help someone reach their audio goals or some such gibberish. Then you contradict yourself and say that you need to sell the speakers before your fiancee discovers money missing and unfortunate events occur.

Maybe, in the spirit of being magnanimous, I can help you out. When you said
    "My thread was started with the sole intent of giving someone who shares that passion the opportunity to get one step closer to their goals.

I assumed your usage of the word "sole" meant "one", "singular", or "only". However, there are other meanings of "sole" such as:

1. Sole - A bottom dwelling flat fish. In this case, if you were referring to the fish, as in being fishy, or bottom dwelling, then I can see where I misunderstood your intent.

2. Sole - The lowest part of a foot. The lowest part of a shoe. The lowest part of anything. If your usage of the word "sole" was meant to connote low intentions, then, of course, your usage was appropriate

If, by use of the word "sole" you were referring to either fishy business dealings or to the lowest part of something (shoes, feet, character, etc.), then the apparent discrepancy vanishes and I apologize for my misunderstanding.
    Please ask anymore questions where I can clear things up.

I have no further questions your honor.
    I feel I am being totally misunderstood.

I'm no longer trying to justify my original posting. If so many members agree that it was wrong for me to post then it's wrong. Whether I understand it or agree with it or not.

I'm trying to defend my character by making apparent the fact that I am attempting no slight of hand in any fashion. I feel that is hard for some to understand when they approach the situation with such negativity from the very beginning.

I'm struggling to understand how such good intentions could can be misconstrued and percieved to be the polar opposite. I believe the reason is seated partly in my words and partly in the negative approach that some are taking in regard to the situation.
    When I wanted to offer these speakers to the members of the forum I had three options

1. Make 21 worthless posts so I could place them on the flea market section. I felt this was a dis-service to the forum.

2. Not show them to any members at all. This fundamentally did not make any sense. Why would I keep them from those who would enjoy them the most?

3. Break a rule in apologetic fashion the most amicable way I knew how. I admitted my fault and aoplogized for it in the title of my original posting.

I chose option three so members could see them and have the option to own and enjoy them. Much to the unfortunate discontent of the majority.

Let go through one by one, or sole by sole:

1. You did not have the interest or capability to make 25 worthwhile posts? Thanks for clearing that up.

2. I assume you assume that members of this forum don't get out into the larger Internet and real world community and that, if something isn't posted here, we won't ever find out about it. You really do think we are stupid.

3. WOW - "Break a rule in apologetic fashion the most amicable way I knew how." I hope that if someone decides to perpetrate some crime or other indignity against me, they are considerate enough to apologize in advance. I'll feel much better.
    There is some tag on the title of my posting in the forum list that claims I think members are stupid.

I don't know how these work - but I want everyone to know that I think exactly the opposite.

What about the other tags? Since you didn't mention those, I assume they are accurate?

Such good discourse.
  • vonnie123
    vonnie123 Posts: 326
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Just so you'll know, for future reference, there are quite a few SDA enthusiasts here. We often peruse Audiogon, eBay, Craiglist, etc. for SDA ads and post links to them for the membership. So really, your wonderful, special, phenomenal SDA's would have eventually come to the forum's attention. If you had bothered to look around a bit before putting up your obnoxious post, you would have realized that.

Members also routinely post links to other other types of audio gear ads for the forum membership's information.

So relax. We'll be ok. SDA's pop up all the time. You'd already know that if you weren't in such a rush to unload those things.

Bang on advice from DarqueKnight. Was going to type exactly the same.
    [
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It looks like the mods are choosing not to enforce the rule because the last thread like this is still active. Wouldn't it be better to tell benzio one time and then let the mods decide what to do. What does whining about this and attacking him for 3 pages and 6 hours accomplish. Looks like the last pair sold because someone was showing a very strong interest in them.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71541
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It's late. I'm pooped.

Good night and good luck.
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Wouldn't it be better to tell benzio one time and then let the mods decide what to do.

Unlike us, all the mods have lives outside of Club Polk. They, like the police, can't always be counted on to show up in a timely manner.
    What does whining about this for 3 pages and 6 hours accomplish.

Who's whining? I thought this was a rather civil discourse on forum rules and seeking clarification on a poster's apparent contradictory statements.
  • candyliquor35m
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I rest my case your honor.
  • benzlo
    benzlo Posts: 28
    edited September 2008
    Options
    What about the other tags? Since you didn't mention those, I assume they are accurate?

Such good discourse.[/QUOTE]

The other tags didn't attempt to attack the members of the forum by imposting some falsely held opinion on them. The rest of the tags were just falsely held opinions of me. Those are two very different things.

Every 7000 word reponse you create is confirming everything I have suggested.

I answered your question in post # 61. Let me know when you want to pick up the speakers.
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2008
    Options
    You have something inside of you that is dying to come out. It manifests itself inside the way you construct negative intent into every individual sentence I have written.

An innocent act could not be so tainted and misinterpretted with such conviction without a strong and determined force actively working to do so. It's alive inside you.

It's true. I can't deny it. The full power of the Darque side permeates my mind and body. I have displayed approximately 1/10,000th of it here.
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    DK,

I think we should make a rule that limits the amounts of quotes you can respond to in one post. Maybe like a max of 5, I don't think we need to have posts with 19 quotes.

I think you are going a little overboard here tonight. Hopefully this post gets deleted. I'm concerned for new members and future polk audio customers who are looking at this.

You are looking like a crazy man. Like your on coke or sometime. I think it's time to shut-down the PC and go listen to one of your systems.

Sal

Thanks for your opinion Sal. You are certainly entitled to it. Whether five quotes are allowed or fifteen...in the overall scheme of my life it really does not matter.

I am actually sitting in front of the 1.2TL's with my laptop as I write this. Thanks for the concern.
  • benzlo
    edited September 2008
    Options
    For what its worth - I agree that the post should be deleted if possible.

I see no good coming from its continued existence.

NO DK, I do not support it's deletion so no one will see all of the HORRIBLE and TRAGIC mistakes I have made.

Take a look at your own words from an outsider's perspective.

OK now come and get me again I guess.
  • benzlo
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Man......look.......I'm almost able to post in the FS section now.

Of course that was before my likely impending banishment from the forum.

So ironic I almost have to laugh a little bit.
  • sir_lagzalot
    sir_lagzalot Posts: 258
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ****Home Theater****
    Integra DHC-40.1
    Rotel RMB-1075
    Fronts 265-RT
    Center 265-RT
    Rears 65-RT
    Sub BIC H-100

****VIDEO****
    Projector Epson 8700 UB
    BLU-RAY Sony BDP-S1000ES

****2-Channel****
    Magnepan SMGa
    Sub ED A3-250
    AMC 3100a
    TT Music Hall 2.2
    Bellari VP 130 Phono Pre
    Grant Fidelity Tube DAC-09
    Sirius Stiletto 2

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,851
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Benzlo, you seem to have some degree of intelligence, so I'm a little surprised that you still haven't figured out that your speakers are never going to sell here. I also find it interesting that for someone with such little spare time, that you're still here trying to defend your actions and/or your character as both are down the drain.

For the sake of clarity...YOU BROKE THE RULES, PERIOD.

At this point you might as well get that CL ad posted up and good luck to you, you're going to need it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Mr. Benzlo,

From reading your posts you seem to be a fairly educated person. I have been impressed by your use of the English language. Thusly, I wonder why you've taken this thread this far? It seems to me you should have let this go hours ago. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt before but it seems I was wrong.

Quit posting,period. Come back in a few days without the sales pitch and the woe is me garbage and try to become a productive member. (Any good observation will put you well ahead of me.):(

If you can't do that, go away.
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2008
    Options
    For what its worth - I agree that the post should be deleted if possible.

I see no good coming from its continued existence.

NO DK, I do not support it's deletion so no one will see all of the HORRIBLE and TRAGIC mistakes I have made.

Take a look at your own words from an outsider's perspective.

OK now come and get me again I guess.

Come and get you? No way. It's not that serious. I'm just killing time until I go out for the evening.

By the way, I thought you were ****ed and were retiring for the evening?

Just to allay your fears of me garnering a bad reputation from what I have written in this thread, you should know that my experience with this forum goes back 7 years, so the members here have a fairly good idea of my character. Moreover, even if I had just joined the forum 10 minutes ago, I have a body of literature in the public domain that goes back over 20 years.;) Your concern, like Sal's is appreciated.

Speaking of literature, some of the members have sent emails and PM's inquiring about when the 4th installment of the residential noise study will be published. I expected to have had it completed this week, but I was preoccupied with other matters this week. Those who know me know what other matters I am talking about.:eek:

Regarding your concern that I might run some people off with what I have written in this thread. Relax, I'm strong with the Darque side, but not that strong. After all, you're still here aren't you?

I have to admit to being puzzled about some other contradictory statements of yours. At one point you compliment me and say you are enjoying my sarcastic repartee, then at another point you become critical of me for the same thing.:(

As an old pal of mine is fond of saying,

Cheers

mad.gifPssssst...if he won't take the speakers...I will...after you get your 25 posts. Even I don't mess around with forum rules.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Come and get you? No way. It's not that serious. I'm just killing time until I go out for the evening.

By the way, I thought you were ****ed and were retiring for the evening?

Just to allay your fears of me garnering a bad reputation from what I have written in this thread, you should know that my experience with this forum goes back 7 years, so the members here have a fairly good idea of my character. Moreover, even if I had just joined the forum 10 minutes ago, I have a body of literature in the public domain that goes back over 20 years.;) Your concern, like Sal's is appreciated.

Speaking of literature, some of the members have sent emails and PM's inquiring about when the 4th installment of the residential noise study will be published. I expected to have had it completed this week, but I was preoccupied with other matters this week. Those who know me know what other matters I am talking about.:eek:

Regarding your concern that I might run some people off with what I have written in this thread. Relax, I'm strong with the Darque side, but not that strong. After all, you're still here aren't you?

I have to admit to being puzzled about some other contradictory statements of yours. At one point you compliment me and say you are enjoying my sarcastic repartee, then at another point you become critical of me for the same thing.:(

As an old pal of mine is fond of saying,

Cheers

mad.gifPssssst...if he won't take the speakers...I will...after you get your 25 posts. Even I don't mess around with forum rules.

Darqueknight along with F1nut are among the most valued members in this forum. It would take a hell of alot more than this thread to change or even dent the reputation these two forum members share.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • candyliquor35m
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    Hey

roflol

Reported.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited September 2008
    Options
    2michaud wrote: »
    However, this guy isn't some malicious crook who is rude, and deceitful like some people we have had on this forum before. I don't feel a nice guy like benzlo who has apologized numerous times should be grilled to the same degree these other truly disrespectful members have been.
    Best regards,

2michaud :)

May I ask, how you know this? Have you met him? Spent time with him? Know his character beyond what WE know based on his blatant skirting of the rules. Perhaps YOU are right, but there is no way to know and if I had to base it on the fact that in essence "it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission" I'd err on the side of being less than an ethical person.

To each his own opinion.

H9

P.s. Actually the prices really aren't all the great a deal. They are average-high and not the great deal he makes them out to be.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • wz2p7j
    wz2p7j Posts: 840
    edited September 2008
    Options
    OK, we can lay off Benzlo now. I counted, he's now up to 25 posts responding to all the wrath generated by this thread. Just thought I'd post this observation to get MY post count up. I've got a pair of LSi's to unload. LOL Chris
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,400
    edited September 2008
    Options
    You know when rules are put into place, they are put into place for a reason.

At a bank, the vault has a sign that says employees only. The teller lines have doors or swings that say employees only. At least down here in NC, the banks also have a sign that states no guns. Try breaking one of those rules without getting a little visit to the slammer. These rules were obviously laid down to protect the bank and it's customers interests.

At an electrical substation there is a sign that says do not enter. This is for good reason and I'm quite sure that you can figure out why this was put into place. Take a piss in the wrong spot after breaking that rule and you might just find out what a hot dog looks like. That is if you happen to be looking down as you are being fried to death. This rule was laid down to protect the electrical companies interests and to protect human life.

At a bar, you will see signs that may say personnel only. Try breaking this rule and walking back and getting your own mixed drink. If you are able to walk out of the bar, you'd be lucky. Most folks end up in the slammer after being beaten by the bartender or a couple of bartenders and the security detail [bouncers]. This rule was laid down to protect the bars interests.

At this forum, we have a post instead of a sign that states that you must have 25 posts before you put up something for sale. This was laid down to protect the interests of the the members of this forum. At least here you won't end up fried, dead, severely beaten or in jail for breaking the rules.

You have shown total and complete disregard to the rules of this forum. You're apology is not accepted. Sell them elsewhere and in the future, respect the rules that are put into place. Don't skirt around them.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ^^^^ Yea, but he's special..............he has no malicious intent :rolleyes:.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • benzlo
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm not special.

I thought I was doing something that was OK and even nice or helpful. My mistake.

I cannot justify the act, only it's underlying intent.

Sorry for razzing so many on their Saturday night.

Have a great Sunday!
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited September 2008
    Options
    You could always put a pair up for karma.:)

You do that and I'll put up an Adcom 535 to go with it.

All we need is a pre and a source and some lucky winner will get a damn nice starter 2channel system.

I'm serious btw.

Thanks
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • zx_toth
    zx_toth Posts: 417
    edited September 2008
    Options
    This whole thread is a little strange .... not sure why the original poster keeps apologizing and justifying and apologizing and justisfying .. etc etc.
  • broncsrule21@
    broncsrule21@ Posts: 113
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Finally.. Something positive. The previous 4 pages have been a waste of time.
    HT-- Denon avr-2808ci,Emotiva UPA-1s, RTi 10's, CSi A6, ERD-1 surrounds, Vizio P50, Yamaha yst-sw300, DVR hr21, 40g PS3, APC-h15

Downstairs-- Denon avr-3300,Emotiva UPA-2, Toshiba 50" rear projection, Denon 2200 sacd, Emotiva ERM-1s, small Yamaha sub
This discussion has been closed.