edited September 2008
    Options
    The translation is Gold:D:D
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • benzlo
    benzlo Posts: 28
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Man you guys have me feeling like a real scoundrel of sorts.

Is the very core of the forum not a passion for great sound created by great Polk speakers. My thread was started with the sole intent of giving someone who shares that passion the opportunity to get one step closer to their goals.
  • Old School Polk
    Old School Polk Posts: 12
    edited September 2008
    Options
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited September 2008
    Options
    eh,,libertine
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • benzlo
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Most of you here have been here longer than I and you are all of a consensus here.

Regardless if I understand it or not; my individual understanding and justification of the sutuation does not superceed the opinions of so much combined forum experience.

I made a mistake and I won't do it again.

But that "translation" response above is incorrect (though clever). It is based on falacy. The facts are that these speakers will sell themsleves at their pricing (obviously) and I'm not here trying to make a buck off anyone. I'm trying to help people that are passionate about Polk speakers get Polk speakers. I like to see people have that enjoyment and I'm position to make it happen. When someone wants to help me on my audio journey I will thank them. Especially if he's nice guy that feels bad about breaking a rule but does so apologetically to help me out.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited September 2008
    Options
    benzlo wrote: »
    Again, I'm sorry for breaking the rules but how else am I supposed to offer my speakers to the members of the forum.

Should I simply exclude everyone here from knowing about them? themThe people who may likely want them the most?

Wow. These speakers are soooooo wonderful and soooooo great that their availability warrants a suspension of the forum's rules in order that the membership will not be deprived of so spectacular a DEAL.

Just so you'll know, for future reference, there are quite a few SDA enthusiasts here. We often peruse Audiogon, eBay, Craiglist, etc. for SDA ads and post links to them for the membership. So really, your wonderful, special, phenomenal SDA's would have eventually come to the forum's attention. If you had bothered to look around a bit before putting up your obnoxious post, you would have realized that.

Members also routinely post links to other other types of audio gear ads for the forum membership's information.

So relax. We'll be ok. SDA's pop up all the time. You'd already know that if you weren't in such a rush to unload those things.
    If there is a better way I should I have handled please let me know.

There is not another way that would fit into your apparent deadline for unloading the speakers.
    Is there some other section of this forum where I could have made members aware?

Remarkable. This is an insult to the forum's moderators and corporate sponsor...as if they would make a rule for one section of the forum that could easily and legally be circumvented by simply going to another section of the forum. This shows just what you think of us.

I really thought I was doing a favor....I was only trying to help.

Really? Are you aware of what the road to hell is paved with?
    At these prices the speakers will sell themsleves.

Then why the hard sell and flagrant violation of forum rules? Good luck with your sale. We'll manage. Honest.

For those just joining us...we now come to the motivating force behind all this "good will":
    I bought a pair of speakers last night and I have to get the $ back in my account before my fiancee sees it. C'mon I'm just trying to survive here!

Ohhhhhhh...OK, well which is it? Are you trying to do us a heap big collosal favor or are you trying to avoid getting your **** kicked, figuratively or literally, by your fiancee?

Typical hucksterism and con artist fu**ery. If the "marks" don't fall for the super collosal "deal", then appeal to their sympathy.

As one of Confucious' disciples one said:
    People who try really, really, really hard to do favors for people they don't know are usually actually trying really, really, really hard to do themselves a favor.

Lasareath wrote: »
    I really think it should be 200 posts and you had to meet at least one veteran polkie in person.

I think the mods should just wipe this sort of crap out as soon as it appears...which brings me to my next point:
    Man you guys really got me feeling like a piece of crap.

Unfortunately, the mods are the only ones around here with the toilet paper.
    Please try to understand that my intentions were in the right place. It obviously appears differently to some.

Oh, I think most of us know exactly where your intentions were. By your own admission, your primary concern was replacing money before it was discovered missing. I'll keep a watch on Youtube for the beatdown video.

Oh, and don't worry about going to the trouble of posting the video here. Some of the guys here scour Youtube continuously for videos we might find amusing. If it's there, they'll find it.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I tell you what. I gonna make you an offer you canna refuse. I'll buy the speakers if you can explain the apparent discrepancy between two of your comments:
    I bought a pair of speakers last night and I have to get the $ back in my account before my fiancee sees it. C'mon I'm just trying to survive here!
    My thread was started with the sole intent of giving someone who shares that passion the opportunity to get one step closer to their goals.

What Confucious said over 2000 years ago is still true today:

"Man that tell many lies should have way to keep track."
    Man you guys have me feeling like a real scoundrel of sorts.

Hey, if the handcuffs and leg irons fit...;) Although, I think you had it right the first time:
    Man you guys really got me feeling like a piece of crap.

C'mon...cry me a river...my lawn is kinda dry.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Your intention wasn't really all that innocent Benzlo. You read the rules & decided to ignore them because you need to make a quick sale because...

"I bought a pair of speakers last night and I have to get the $ back in my account before my fiancee sees it. C'mon I'm just trying to survive here!"

So here you are trying to convince us in aiding you into the deceiving your fiancee.

It sounds like you already have a lot of speakers, so you really don't need any more help in your "audio journey"!

Instead, why don't you focus on putting that money towards your wedding. However, if you continue along this vein, you just might need that money down the line for a divorce!

Best of luck to you.

As for the fellow who advised to just post nonsense to get to the 25 post count...GET LOST. We spot people like you a mile away & your crap just sits there and rots since nobody will touch it!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2008
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    GET LOST. We spot people like you a mile away & your crap just sits there and rots since nobody will touch it!

Now, now...that wasn't very PC and nice. You're going to get banned for being mean to newbies. I'd certainly miss you.
  • cfrizz
    edited September 2008
    Options
    We can do without this kind of newbie DK! Besides, I very seldom let myself get involved in these threads unless the offense is incredibly blatant. Then I try as much as possible to tell said offender to politely GET LOST!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2008
    Options
    However, if you continue along this vein, you just might need that money down the line for a divorce!

I really think you are being unnecessarily harsh here. I know quite a few hookers who went on to become loyal wives and devoted mothers once they found the love of the right man (or woman). Who's to say that the right woman (or man) can't turn a con artist and pathological liar around?
    Best of luck to you.

My spider sense tells me that you really aren't sincere. I hope that it's wrong this time.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    edited September 2008
    Options
    The best thing to do is join the Club and actually contribute for a while then try to sell. If you need to turn them over that quickly I'm gathering that you've found that this is the wrong place to go. Hopefully you're on the up and up and good luck with your sale.
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Will you guys please, please quit it with the "you ought to join the forum and become a contributing member" spiel? Didn't you read Bozzo when he said:

"I bought a pair of speakers last night and I have to get the $ back in my account before my fiancee sees it. C'mon I'm just trying to survive here!

People in survival mode ain't got no time for forum chit chat and getting to know people.:)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Will you guys please, please quit it with the "you ought to join the forum and become a contributing member" spiel?

Fed up with all that PC crap too, eh? Good!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Tough crowd.

The tough ones are lurking and waiting for the meat to get closer to the water.

I'll have to admit Raife has made it fun so far.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • F1nut
    edited September 2008
    Options
    read-alot wrote: »
    The tough ones are lurking and waiting for the meat to get closer to the water.

Hehe........:D

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SDAPhotoVault
    SDAPhotoVault Posts: 2
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm sitting here gettin' mad on account of that generous offer in post #42 has been ignored.

I don't like it when people ignore generous purchase offers.

I tella you what. I gonna sweeten the offer that you canna refuse, but obviously did. Just to show that I'm not mean like the rest of the folks around here, I'm willing to pay $150 over the seller's asking price, provided the seller can answer that question, regarding the apparent discrepancy, which was respectfully submitted in post #42. I will even offer to send the funds by Paypal and pay the fees and overnight shipping charges.

This offer will expire at 10 PM, EDT, Sept. 7, 2008.

C'mon, I'm sitting right here with checkbook, a variety of credit cards, and Paypal.

I consider this a win-win for all concerned.

mad.gifWhat do you need another pair of SDA's for? I thought you already had 10,000 pairs.

I actually have 12,357 pairs. I'm just trying to prevent an assault. It's called noblesse oblige.~SDAPV
  • fossy
    fossy Posts: 1,378
    edited September 2008
    Options
    benzio-- if you had posted every other time in this thread - you would have enough post to sell:cool::cool:
  • fossy
    fossy Posts: 1,378
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm sitting here gettin' mad on account of that generous offer in post #42 has been ignored.

I don't like it when people ignore generous purchase offers.

I tella you what. I gonna sweeten the offer that you canna refuse, but obviously did. Just to show that I'm not mean like the rest of the folks around here, I'm willing to pay $150 over the seller's asking price, provided the seller can answer that question, regarding the apparent discrepancy, which was respectfully submitted in post #42. I will even offer to send the funds by Paypal and pay the fees and overnight shipping charges.

This offer will expire at 10 PM, EDT, Sept. 7, 2008.

C'mon, I'm sitting right here with checkbook, a variety of credit cards, and Paypal.

I consider this a win-win for all concerned.

Now it's gettin crazy -- down right crazy i tell ya

Benzio-- if you would have posted just every other post in this thread alone, you'd be qualified to sell :o:o
  • F1nut
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Ok, who hacked DK's account?

President of Club Polk

• DarqueKnight
    edited September 2008
    Options
    My account hasn't been hacked.
  • SDAPhotoVault
    SDAPhotoVault Posts: 2
    edited September 2008
    Options
  • benzlo
    edited September 2008
    Options
    There is so much negativitivity oozing from the vast majoity of these responses that my faith in the character of man himself has been damaged.

I had one member contact me by Email just to appologize for the level of harshness that is apparent in these reponses.

He said he didn't have any money for the speakers so I invited him over just to hear them so he could use that knowledge in future purchases.

Do I need the money? yes; do I need it from members of this forum? no. I just wanted members to know that they exist and are available.

I know my equipment isn't high and mighty. I don't have the holy grail of speakers. I just thought a Polk lover might like them so I got them out there for people to see.

If some members want to inject some sort of mal-intent into that; it is entirely by their own hand and has nothing to do with me. It comes very naturally to many in this thread. People are even labeling my sincere aopologies and typed feelings of remorse as lies!?

Fact: I hesitantly broke a rule in apologetic fashion with the intent of satisfying someone's desire for a pair of Polk speakers. The speakers will sell themselves. I'm offering them under market value. If I was wrong about that I'm sure it would have been jammed down my throat several times by now.

Take it as far as you want but my intent is a as pure as it gets. Some people apparantly think this is a flat out lie. For $500....... C'mon. This isn't even worth it. Beside; you know they'll sell anyway!!

I JUST WANTED POLK LOVERS SEEKING NICE VINTAGE POLK SPEAKERS TO KNOW THAT THERE WAS A PRETTY GOOD DEAL ON SOME OF THEM IN MPLS. Please turn off your auto-negative response, turn on that tiny light inside that tells you once in a while to trust a small fraction of that which you are exposed to, and tell me how that is bad.
  • benzlo
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I tell you what. I gonna make you an offer you canna refuse. I'll buy the speakers if you can explain the apparent discrepancy between two of your comments:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by benzlo
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by benzlo
    My thread was started with the sole intent of giving someone who shares that passion the opportunity to get one step closer to their goals.

Yes you are right, that sounds a bit double edged.

However it is easily explained:

The speakers at this price will sell themsleves. They are for sale right now because I need the money. Therefore I posted them on Craigslist.

I posted them on the Polk forum to get them in front of a specific audience who loves Polk speakers. This specific group has a special interest in Polk speakers, thus they have goals that are dependent upon the acquisition of Polk equipment.

The speakers were posted on Craigslist for the intent of selling them. The Craigslist sale was posted here so a Polk lover could have them and love them. They will sell either way.

I hope this clears something up.

Please ask anymore questions where I can clear things up. I feel I am being totally misunderstood.
  • cfrizz
    edited September 2008
    Options
    :eek::D Wow you are on fire tonight DK!!! Rock on with your bad self!:D:D:D

I really think you are being unnecessarily harsh here. I know quite a few hookers who went on to become loyal wives and devoted mothers once they found the love of the right man (or woman). Who's to say that the right woman (or man) can't turn a con artist and pathological liar around?

My spider sense tells me that you really aren't sincere. I hope that it's wrong this time.
  • benzlo
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    Sorry for being a rule breaker - great vintage polk speakers for great price

I despise arrogance.

Me too. Sorry If I have come off that way.
  • benzlo
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Sorry for being a rule breaker - great vintage polk speakers for great price

I despise arrogance.
    Then why do you continue to try and justify it?

I'm no longer trying to justify my original posting. If so many members agree that it was wrong for me to post then it's wrong. Whether I understand it or agree with it or not.

I'm trying to defend my character by making apparent the fact that I am attempting no slight of hand in any fashion. I feel that is hard for some to understand when they approach the situation with such negativity from the very beginning.

I'm struggling to understand how such good intentions could can be misconstrued and percieved to be the polar opposite. I believe the reason is seated partly in my words and partly in the negative approach that some are taking in regard to the situation.
  • benzlo
    edited September 2008
    Options
    fossy wrote: »
    benzio-- if you had posted every other time in this thread - you would have enough post to sell:cool::cool:

I know fossy. That's very ironic.

When I wanted to offer these speakers to the members of the forum I had three options

1. Make 21 worthless posts so I could place them on the flea market section. I felt this was a dis-service to the forum.

2. Not show them to any members at all. This fundamentally did not make any sense. Why would I keep them from those who would enjoy them the most?

3. Break a rule in apologetic fashion the most amicable way I knew how. I admitted my fault and aoplogized for it in the title of my original posting.

I chose option three so members could see them and have the option to own and enjoy them. Much to the unfortunate discontent of the majority.
  • benzlo
    edited September 2008
    Options
    There is some tag on the title of my posting in the forum list that claims I think members are stupid.

I don't know how these work - but I want everyone to know that I think exactly the opposite.

I'm extremely impressed with the knowledge held within the members of this forum.

The majority of what I say seems to be misinterpretted tonight but I still want people to know I have NEVER felt that way.
  • NJPOLKER
    NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It is simple, you knew what you were doing was wrong and did it anyway. That is what pisses me off and you are not the first one to do it and then make up excuses. One of the reasons this forum is the best in the business is because we run a tight ship.
    I don't think anyone thinks your a bad guy but you tend to dig yourself a deeper hole by making excuses when you knew you were breaking the rules which,again, you knew you were busting. That sucks!!! You can and should learn alot here as I did and we have many great members/contributors.
This discussion has been closed.