edited September 2008
    Options
    benzlo--you're up
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • benzlo
    benzlo Posts: 28
    edited September 2008
    Options
    You could always put a pair up for karma.:)

You do that and I'll put up an Adcom 535 to go with it.

All we need is a pre and a source and some lucky winner will get a damn nice starter 2channel system.

I'm serious btw.

Thanks

OK, this is so strange - but I do have 25 posts now. Since it was suggested, I will place them on the FS section. I'm dropping them lower in price too since someone said something about it. I was not going to post them there until it it was suggested.

Please don't attack my sales. If you don't want them no one is pushing them on you. They are simply available which is the ONLY message I wanted to convey from the very beginning.
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited September 2008
    Options
    How about everyone make a personal commitment to never let this happen again (inform the individual one time and then let the mods handle it. If the individual responds back to justify himself or apologize, let that be the end of it).

Why are Club Polk members so hostile/unfriendly to new members???: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71226
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It's not a newb only thing, we don't like you either.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Face wrote: »

Well put.
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited September 2008
    Options

You beat me to it:D

Jim
  • candyliquor35m
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It's

roflol I have you on ignore. It's not that hard to do. Some have to do it with software and others can do it mentally ;)

Ignore feature: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67621
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited September 2008
    Options
    roflol I have you on ignore. It's not that hard to do. Some have to do it with software and others can do it mentally ;)

Ignore feature: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67621

Here, I will properly quote him even if you don't. Your just effing rude to continue to do that. Loser.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It's obvious that neither is working for you since you were able to read my post.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited September 2008
    Options
    zx_toth wrote: »
    This whole thread is a little strange .... not sure why the original poster keeps apologizing and justifying and apologizing and justisfying .. etc etc.

Needed the post count for this...
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72010
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Time to let this one go fella's. He is now on my ignore list I suggest everyone do the same.

Peace.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Old School Polk
    Old School Polk Posts: 12
    edited September 2008
    Options
    If everybody broke the rules, terrorists would be smuggling Polk Monitors through airport security in their underwear .

You're not a terrorist, are you?
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It looks like the mods are choosing not to enforce the rule because the last thread like this is still active. Looks like the last pair sold because someone was showing a very strong interest in them.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71541
    It doesnt look like anything of the sort to me. As far as im concerned any members caught buying from a poster without 25 posts ought to be banned right along with the orignal poster its just adding to the problem. I know this is a hard **** sort of statement but for any community to function properly all people in the community need to abide by the rules otherwise there is chaos. I know that some cases of selling outside the forum are more blatant than others and that some people feel that if you have been a member for 5 years and its a local pickup then it should be allowed. But if they are allowed to do this than the next guy in a row feels that he can justify why he is selling his item also without 25 posts. Case in point the original poster here feels he's doing us polk lovers a favor and he desperately needs the money before his gf finds out. :rolleyes:

Regarding moderators if a moderator cant respond to a thread within 24 hours we need more moderators, its really not that tough to do lol. I moderate on another forum, non audio related and I check in before I go to work in the morning, and I check in when I get home in the evening and if I plan on going on a trip I either bring my laptop with me and check in or notify admin of my absence so another mod can keep an eye on the area I moderate while im gone. But there needs to be a flagging system in place for it to to be effective the mods cant possibly scan all areas all the time and there may be im not sure how report this post works, if it gets sent to a mod or to Justin.

Just my 2 cents

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • ben62670
    edited September 2008
    Options
    /////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ben62670 wrote: »
    I like the way some newb can come around piss on the rules, get the post count up, list in the FM, warnings are left about his actions, and the to top it off a mod comes in and cleans it up for him:confused: This is EFing BS. Nice message to people who come here to just sell. Why not just get rid of the rules all together if some brainless leader is just going to support an AH any way.
    A prime example of being rewarded for breaking the rules, its truly sickening. This is why it continues to happen :rolleyes:

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • ben62670
    edited September 2008
    Options
    snow wrote: »
    A prime example of being rewarded for breaking the rules, its truly sickening. This is why it continues to happen :rolleyes:

REGARDS SNOW

I don't know if you missed the "tringtang" thing, but ~J~ spanked us for calling out a known bad seller. Way to go CP moderation:rolleyes: Post count needs to be higher, and membership needs to be longer for sales. This is pure BS.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Look at the friggen title of this thread
    Sorry for being a rule breaker - great vintage polk speakers for great price
    , and still a mod helped him out WTF. Weak real weak.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    edited September 2008
    Options
    1: This thread should have disappeared once it was reported.

2: New members that only come to sell should not be allowed to defend why they broke the rules in a thread like this just to get their post count up.

3: If any warning was issued, it should have been to the OP for breaking the rules.

4: Had this been done to begin with, don't you think that it would have gone down differently?

Why have rules set forth if they are not going to be enforced? Justin? Anybody?

Come on here folks. Get with it. Seller breaks the rules by posting a FS ad in the wrong forum. Post gets deleted. A Mod reminds new member of the rules. Member now understands rules and at that point he/she can either join in the fun, become a general PIA or move on. Simple, really.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • candyliquor35m
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It could be that the more you whine, the less they listen to you.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Shut the **** up Carl. That's not a whine. That's a direct statement.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Instead of a contructive post #2, the mob piles on, again.

Classic guys, way to man up and represent Polk.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
This discussion has been closed.