Capacitor break-in

Options
124»

Comments

• domesda2b
    domesda2b Posts: 89
    edited April 2008
    Options
    Must not matter b/c there is no left right crossover schematic and both the R and P solder terminal wires are both black! Just in theory I'm not an expert or anything but trying to think how it would effect the magnetic field.

Wake up all my parts for the upgrades will be here in a few days! everything is prepped. made a custom sub-frame so I can get rid of the other paper weight inductor coil and move the PCB to a horizontal more stable mount. More room for 40uF cap too! Hopefully I'll have this project done in two more days!
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    edited April 2008
    Options
    just skip sleep all together and git in done in a day
  • domesda2b
    edited April 2008
    Options
    Would if I could. Sleep is over rated... So DC polarity doesn't matter if It was AC it would be an electromagnet...
  • ShinAce
    ShinAce Posts: 1,194
    edited April 2008
    Options
    domesda2b wrote: »
    Must not matter b/c there is no left right crossover schematic and both the R and P solder terminal wires are both black! Just in theory I'm not an expert or anything but trying to think how it would effect the magnetic field.

Stop skipping on sleep.

Coils don't have polarity. Polarity only applies to DC current for coils.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited April 2008
    Options
    Domesda2b, if you want I can start you your own thread. The running commentary and posting seven times in a row thing annoys me. Good luck with your project.
  • domesda2b
    edited April 2008
    Options
    Breaking in caps tomorrow good luck. Far as your comment, I got a little wild cramming knowledge for this project. Wasn't always me talking here. Just trying to get some answers. Not like anyone else was burning up the board. special thanks to all my new buddies and help. You know who you're. I'll try and post some pics. Heck I've been busy and haven't really posted that much after I got the answers from members helping. whatever it takes to get the job done. If I annoyed anyone I'm sorry. tell you what if my project does work out I doubt I'll be here much. I'll be playing music and singing!
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2008
    Options
    Breaking in caps tomorrow good luck. Far as your comment, I got a little wild cramming knowledge for this project. Wasn't always me talking here. Just trying to get some answers. Not like anyone else was burning up the board. special thanks to all my new buddies and help. You know who you're. I'll try and post some pics. Heck I've been busy and haven't really posted that much after I got the answers from members helping. whatever it takes to get the job done. If I annoyed anyone I'm sorry. tell you what if my project does work out I doubt I'll be here much. I'll be playing music and singing!

You have to play with cables next:D Sources, amps, and room treatments!
    Stick around awhile.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited April 2008
    Options

Please,hold off on the singing part.
    See what you have fostered Ben??

Good luck on your project.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • domesda2b
    edited April 2008
    Options
    He has created a cap dome monster...
  • domesda2b
    edited April 2008
    Options
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Another friggen scientist:rolleyes:
    Please take your head out of your ****. I swear you can hear so much better that way. I don't need charts to tell me what sounds better.

AHAHAHAHA! Silk domes:)
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited April 2008
    Options
    You might see if Parts Express has any decaf.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • domesda2b
    edited April 2008
    Options
    No real drugs I'm already on decaff. are you?
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited April 2008
    Options
    You can roast a cap too get it real hot and then throw the juice to it and whatch it mealt away !!!!!

Like the wicked witch of the west IM MELTING!!!
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • domesda2b
    edited April 2008
    Options
    Yeah juice... Ran the caps with juice then reached in there and felt with my hand, they weren't even warm:)