DFW mini gathering anyone?

Comments

• Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited February 2008
    If all goes well, we'll have another one later on. :)
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited February 2008
    Is bringing girlfriend okay?
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • Sami
    edited February 2008
    hockeyboy wrote: »
    Is bringing girlfriend okay?

If she doesn't mind, I don't see why not.
  • Sami
    edited February 2008
    Andy, your PM box is full...
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2008
    cleared out some. PM away, Sami.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • bmcreider
    bmcreider Posts: 4
    edited March 2008
    I could go, although I am relatively new to this forum, I'd love to see that Epson projector (I have a Mits HC1500) as well as a sub face off.
  • Sami
    edited March 2008
    bmcreider wrote: »
    I could go, although I am relatively new to this forum, I'd love to see that Epson projector (I have a Mits HC1500) as well as a sub face off.

Welcome to the forum, and to the gathering.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    edited March 2008
    hello sami, count me in. i have a belles preamp or jolida 502b integrated amp i can bring, come to think of it i can also bring a pair of onix ref. 1 speakers and kci mandarina interconnects, i also made a pair of the walmart speaker cables just haven't had time to listen to them.
    marvin
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Sami
    edited March 2008
    Alright, 9+2. Good to see DFW is active (and some of our ATX friends as well). 15th it is then, PM me for address and #, and if you haven't already posted here you're coming please do so.
  • marvda1
    edited March 2008
    sami, here's an idea. how about folks that want to make about five compilation cds of their favorite music and we can exchange cds.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Sami
    edited March 2008
    marvda1 wrote: »
    sami, here's an idea. how about folks that want to make about five compilation cds of their favorite music and we can exchange cds.

As long as its only for evaluation purpose. You like it, you go and buy the album. You don't, you destroy the CD. :)
  • Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited March 2008
    Shouldn't be a problem to be there unless work gets screwy.

Thanx for putting this together Sami!!!

Scott

Edited To Add: Looks Like the TVC won't even ship till the week of the 15th. So I won't be able to bring it.
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
  • Sami
    edited March 2008
    What time is everyone thinking of coming, and are you just stopping by or hanging out, or will it depend on attendance? :)
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2008
    So far, I don't have the night off, but I plan on being there, what 11am or so? Noon? I've got to bail by 3.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Sami
    edited March 2008
    11am or so is a good time to start. Russ, you have to work on the night pass...

BTW, I tried to give you a call this afternoon, I picked up a Sony TA-E9000ES close by your house on Eldorado. Oh well, I'll have to check your inventory some other time and it's not like I need anything. :)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited March 2008
    You always "need" something....or your not really an audio nut.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited March 2008
    I'm planning on dropping by after lunch if that works. I have to run out to Florida on Sunday so am kind of in the same boat as Russ.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • Gadabout
    edited March 2008
    Just found out I have to work this weekend. I might be able to drop by around noon and hang for a couple hours. Then I'm headed for Oklahoma for a couple days.

Florida sounds better.
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
  • RuSsMaN
    edited March 2008
    I'll be there period, F work.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited March 2008
    Is this the first time that two mini-PF's are happening at once?
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    THAT's the spirit!!!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Sami
    edited March 2008

In that case I'll go and get another case of Warsteiner. BTW, it still is BYOB but I will have a few cold ones in reserves in case someone forgets and gets thirsty. If anyone drinks girly drinks, well, they are on their own... :)

Keys will be collected on the person(s) who aren't able to drive anyone!!!
  • Gadabout
    edited March 2008

I like that attitude Russ.

Hmmm.....

While I can't adopt the exact same attitude, I can go in later in the evening. Make up the difference on Sunday.

So, Let's just say I'll be there and don't know what time I will be leaving.
  • marvda1
    edited March 2008
    sami, let me know if want me to bring some type of food or snacks.
    marvin
    Puritan PSM156
  • Sami
    edited March 2008
    I thought about firing up the grill but then I thought it will take a lot of the attention away from the actual purpose. Once people get hungry we can always order in food. I'll probably make some homemade salsa so bring a bag of chips. :)
  • Sami
    edited March 2008
    Ok guys, I will see you tomorrow. We have 10 yes votes, 2 tentative, and only 5 or so have asked me directions so far...hope you haven't forgotten and are still planning to come. A few of you know where I live already so I'm not too concerned.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited March 2008
    I'll be there. Where do you live? Do I just head to Burleson and start shouting 'Sami'?
  • Sami
    edited March 2008
    I'll be there. Where do you live? Do I just head to Burleson and start shouting 'Sami'?

Not sure if that would work, Burleson is about 30 miles away. Of course, I've never heard you shout so who knows. :)

PM sent with address and cell number.
  • SlowcarIX
    SlowcarIX Posts: 887
    edited March 2008
    Sami, dont know if there is enough time to try them out...should i bring along the 3rd 600 and velodyne sms-1?
    my 7.(1x4) HT setup
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-65734
    AVP / Amp - Onkyo PR-SC885P / D-Sonic 2500-7
    Front - Emerald Physics CS2
    Center - JTR Triple 12LF
    Surround L/R / Back - Polk RTi4 / Polk FXi A4
    Sub - 4 X Hsu ULS15 playing nearfield
    DVD / CDP - Sony PS3/40GB / Sony SCD-XA9000ES
    Belkin PURE AV PF60 / UPS
    Buttkicker

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60612
  • Sami
    edited March 2008
    If you have the room in your vehicle, we could try to find time if possible. If not, then we don't. If it is an extra hassle then I would bring only two of them.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited March 2008
    Sami, I'm stuck like chuck. My girl walked off with both sets of keys this morning, and she's in downtown Dallas taking a test all day. Unreal.