Possible mini-fest in NC

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2008
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I was talking to my sister today about a walk-a-thon we do every year for ALS research. Our Mom passed away in 2001 from it. A thought came to me! (it happens sometimes;)). I will raffle off one of my Carver M-200t power amps for a small entry fee. ALL proceeds will then be donated to the local ALS chapter in the name of Club Polk Members.
    If y'all are cool with this and there are no conflict issues with Polk Inc, chime in. There is no cure because they still don't know what causes it.
    More info can be found at ALSA.org.
    Thanks and Keep on Polkin'!
    Lightman Russ

I was just talking to Joe about doing a cable raffle yesterday, and the proceeds be given to George. He could give the funds to a cause of his choice. Its not my place to put out why he gives where he gives, but I think it is a great idea. I think your idea is a great idea. Good on you! I don't know if me doing a raffle too would be counter productive. We could even combine the funds to be donated to your ALS chapter. BTW can we roast a pig there:D

Ben

Edit
    You know reading things like this just makes me want to hook up with some Polkies more, and more. There are some real great people here:)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited January 2008
    Donations to great causes in the name of Club Polk members are good. ;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited January 2008
    No sweat Ben! Raffle away! It doesn't matter to me where the proceeds go, just as long as they're put to good use.
    I don't have a grill big enough for a pig, but I guess we could dig a hole.:D
  • lightman1
    edited January 2008
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited January 2008
    No one in western NC ...
  • lightman1
    edited January 2008
    wizzy wrote: »
    No one in western NC ...

Yep. Check out jflail2. He's up in the hills. Stand up guy.
    Russ
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2008
    After a "mini" meeting with Tom & Russ this past Monday I have to say I'm all in. Who could pass on the chance to wreak havoc on the local utilities while trying to rid Tom's house of the ugly dirty power noise ooooozing from his speakers. I suggest everyone attending bring as many HEAVY duty extension cords they can muster. 0-4 gauge moves to the front of the line as well as anyone bringing welder's cables. These will come in handy as we move from neighbor to neighbor "borrowing" an empty breaker slot to try and find Tom some clean power. Russ your bucket truck from work could come in handy during this venture. I'll pitch in on the lawn chairs and beers as we all gather to watch the beautiful sparks and arcs. The trial run on Monday night went pretty smooth with the exception of NOT finding the exact cause of the noise coming from the speakers. I'm hoping for a much more "eventful" showing as we all gather to exchange beers, ideas and dares.

PS Tom....I'm only trying to help.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • treitz3
    edited January 2008
    Hey, I was wondering where you disappeared to. I have actually created a thread about the noise in the 2-channel audio forum. On hold with the power company as I type. BTW, thanks for coming down. You and Russ. It was fun!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2008
    Cant wait for this to happen. Looks like im taking the whole week off that week.
  • Systems
    edited January 2008
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Cant wait for this to happen. Looks like im taking the whole week off that week.

I'll be taking the following week off to recoup......LOL
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • lightman1
    edited January 2008
    I'll be taking the following week off to recoup......LOL

Hey Chuck!!! Next time you're near NC again, stop by my house and tell me what's wrong with my system!!!!:D
  • Mike Kozak
    Mike Kozak Posts: 930
    edited January 2008
    Hey Lightman, I live in Huntersville, NC. I can make it no problem, what are the days again?
  • treitz3
    edited January 2008
    Hi Mike! Glad you can make it. If you or anybody wants dates or updates for that matter, just check the very first post of this thread. Officially, the dates are March 14-17. Mucho fun is in store for all that attend.
  • Systems
    edited January 2008
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Hey Chuck!!! Next time you're near NC again, stop by my house and tell me what's wrong with my system!!!!:D

YOU NEED MAGIC PEBBLES MAN!!!!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • lightman1
    edited February 2008
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm back online after a fight with the local phone company!
    Come one come all.
    I do need a list of definates so I can order the food and warn the neighbors and rescue squad in case a free for all breaks out. PM's are 'preciated!!
    Lightman is alive!!
  • Mike Kozak
    edited February 2008
    you can count me in for sure!!!
  • lightman1
    edited February 2008
    YOU NEED MAGIC PEBBLES MAN!!!!

Just ordered the the big jar!!! Thanks Chuck! Looking forward to the improvements!:D
  • Fireman32
    edited February 2008
    I am in Bro. Can you post some hotels by you so I can find a place to crash?
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited February 2008
    Wizzy, we should get up and have a cold one soon. You going down to the fest in March? Russ is a cool guy, so this should be a fun weekend. Looking forward to meeting everyone else.

I'm not sure if I can stay the whole weekend or not, but you're welcome to ride down with me if needed Wizzy.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Systems
    edited February 2008
    I'm in. Now you all have plenty of warning.

PS Tom...I'll bring some tube gear for you to play with.

shut up Russsssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • jflail2
    edited February 2008
    Any cigar smokers in the house? I know Lightman Russ is down for a couple, but I'm trying to gauge if I need to bring a full box of pretty good smokes, or just 10-12 dandies.

If you like a particular brand, sound off so I can get an idea of where everyones' tastes are at.

And sorry Russ, but there's no Opus x to be had this time (hope you enjoyed the last one!)

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    edited February 2008
    Unsure if I will be able to make this one guys... will let you know...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Fireman32
    edited February 2008
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Any cigar smokers in the house? I know Lightman Russ is down for a couple, but I'm trying to gauge if I need to bring a full box of pretty good smokes, or just 10-12 dandies.

If you like a particular brand, sound off so I can get an idea of where everyones' tastes are at.

And sorry Russ, but there's no Opus x to be had this time (hope you enjoyed the last one!)

Oh yea man I love a good cigar. Im sure whatever you bring will be good. I am always up for trying something new.
  • treitz3
    edited February 2008
    Ok, the time is drawing near. Russ [Lightman1] would like to have everyone who is interested in attending this event to PM him ASAP to let him know if you are coming, whether or not you need hotel accommodations or additional travel information.

He normally would be posting this, but his rinky-dink, slack-**** internet service provider is having "issues" providing him with services but he has access @ his sister's house close by.

Joe and the hooligans from up north, I still offer my pad for housing. PM me for further details. We spoke today and we need a head count to find out how many bodies we need to bury......er.....uh.....I mean we need a head count as to how many people are coming so we can plan accordingly.

So, who is planning on attending March 14th - 17th or any day in between? Let him know.

Ben, you still gonna make it?
  • treitz3
    edited February 2008
    Diapers not allowed unless you wear them on your head.
  • lightman1
    edited March 2008
    Hey everybody!! Time is getting near. Come on down, up or sideways!!
    Who's in?
  • jflail2
    edited March 2008
    Russ:

I'll probably just ride down for the day on March 15th. I have to go back up to Charlottesville on the 16th, so I'll need to be ready to roll that morning.

• Fireman32
    edited March 2008
    Guys I am out. I really hate having to miss this event but I have limited vacation time and I am going to use all of the time to visit my friends back in NJ. I will be at PF08 for sure.
  • Mike Kozak
    edited March 2008
    I will be there on Saturday, I will PM you to get your number and address.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    edited March 2008
    Id be willing to entertain some folks (3 or 4) for a lil while that want to check out the rig....

Always a pleasure to see Tom and Lightman ;)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.