edited December 2007
    No, I'm still in Iraq.....

I've got it on my schedule!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited December 2007
    Sweet! We'll raise a glass to you and all others fighting the good fight! Salute!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2007
    March sounds good.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    edited December 2007
    mville gathering?

Kickass - I can go to work AND Polkfest
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • skipf
    skipf Posts: 694
    edited December 2007
    I'd love to meet some of you guys and can bring gear you might want to hear. Ain't gonna lug the Plats up there, but can bring a pair of Silver 9t's if anyone's interested. Also LSi9's if there are some that haven't heard them. Been wanting to hear Treitz's new speaks & TT too.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited December 2007
    I was wondering when you were gonna chime in Skip. Glad to hear you will be attending! BTW, Sparky's ready at will. :D Dialed in, tuned up...only project left is that damn video portion of the SMS-1 and it had better be up and running by then or I'll pull all my hair ou.....wait, I don't have any hair. It'll be up and running by then though.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Fireman32
    edited January 2008
    Are we firming up a date for this? I want to put in for some vacation time and take a long weekend when we do this.
  • lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited January 2008
    Morrisville? sweet... I can make that! Most interesting stuff I can bring would be Totem Hawks, Outlaw 7900, and Hsu MBM-12.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    edited January 2008
    mooresville
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited January 2008
    Oh, Mooresville is a little further away. Oh well.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • treitz3
    edited January 2008
    MARCH 14th - the 17th. This is definite. So far this will be held at my pad and Russ' [lightman1] pad, maybe others. Russ and I have gotten off track working on speaker projects and haven't talked further about the plans. Wait for him to chime in and he might have a better update for you.

Looking forward to it, should be a lot of fun and he's got some pretty nice vintage gear and what seems to be a plether of vintage Polks to boot.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited January 2008
    Already have it calendared and the 14th is payday to boot. Should be a good weekend!

Looking forward to meeting you guys and finally getting my ears on some nice gear. Don't laugh if I show up with a note pad and pen to take notes with :)
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Fireman32
    edited January 2008
    ok good. I will be there
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2008
    If there ends up being a set date please include it in the first post with the town. I would love to go!!!
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2008
    Ben will you be in Conyers by then?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • ben62670
    edited January 2008
    TroyD wrote: »
    No, I'm still in Iraq.....

I've got it on my schedule!

BDT

I thought you were due to come home:(
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited January 2008
    Ben will you be in Conyers by then?

Yes sir I will:)
    Thanks
    Ben
  • lightman1
    edited January 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Yes sir I will:)

Bring it on!!!!
    Dates posted at top of thread.
  • ben62670
    edited January 2008
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Bring it on!!!!
    Dates posted at top of thread.

Will you be serving Pie?
    Thanks
    Ben
  • lightman1
    edited January 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Will you be serving Pie?

Read the edited post #1. Judge for yourself....;)
  • treitz3
    edited January 2008
    My listening room should be done by then. We have been busy relocating wires and outlets to clean up the look. Threw on a fresh coat of paint, packed up all the pic's on the wall to make room for new ones, got a new CD rack to store CD's/DVD's and put the Nitty Gritty and Shark at waist level, albums are up and in the curio cabinet, portable DVD for the on-screen menu of the SMS-1, new speaker cables, speakers and amps put into place. Things are coming along quite fine and I'm working on the final tweaks as we speak.

The only thing I would like to get done is to install a dedicated 20 amp line, which is harder than you think with the HOA breathing down my **** with every breath I take, but I've got some things in the works and in theory it will be installed by then [without seeing any wires].

We will also have another rig downstairs. Not like Sparky, but another rig none the less.
  • Fireman32
    edited January 2008
    Ok any polkies in the Raleigh area that are going we should carpool or take one car. I am willing to drive as i get 40mpg so let me know
  • treitz3
    edited January 2008
    F1nut wrote: »
    I never visit a home with indoor plumbing as I'm not house trained.
    I have dirt for floors, so feel free to come. I'll even sweep for you ***spit-Ding***, just watch out for the extra ta'baccie on the floor and you'll be auuuughight.
  • ben62670
    edited January 2008
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Read the edited post #1. Judge for yourself....;)

:D:D:D:D
    Thanks
    Ben
  • lightman1
    edited January 2008
    Get your beeatch-**** in the kitchen and bake me a pie!!

..or just show up with cables in hand.;)
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    Lasareath wrote: »
    I'd like to come down for the weekend. Is anybody going from NJ/NY/DE/MD?, I can't drive 10 hours NC. But I can do 4 to MD and then pay for gas and tolls the rest of the way. Jesse, Joe?, You guys going?

Sal

I'm going! I don't know about Jesse.
  • lightman1
    edited January 2008
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Ok any polkies in the Raleigh area that are going we should carpool or take one car. I am willing to drive as i get 40mpg so let me know

Dave, drag all the RTP Polkies you can muster and come on down. nms,
    Poee7, audiobliss, Et al.
  • lightman1
    edited January 2008
    I'm going! I don't know about Jesse.

Sweeeet!!! No Viruses or halitosis allowed, Joe.:D

Why are you still up?
  • Fireman32
    edited January 2008
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Dave, what is your plan?, To go for one day or multiple days?, Your around 2 hours from there?

Sal

Sal as of right now my plan is to do sat and sun. I possibly might be taking a vacation the first week of March but nothing is firmed up yet. If you and Joe are comming down I am 10 minutes off of I85 so you can stop by here and we can carpool over. Call me and let me know.
  • lightman1
    edited January 2008
    I was talking to my sister today about a walk-a-thon we do every year for ALS research. Our Mom passed away in 2001 from it. A thought came to me! (it happens sometimes;)). I will raffle off one of my Carver M-200t power amps for a small entry fee. ALL proceeds will then be donated to the local ALS chapter in the name of Club Polk Members.
    If y'all are cool with this and there are no conflict issues with Polk Inc, chime in. There is no cure because they still don't know what causes it.
    More info can be found at ALSA.org.
    Thanks and Keep on Polkin'!
    Lightman Russ