• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,030
    edited November 2007
    Options
    I'm up for bringing some gear...

Where is this going to be at?

How many possible rigs can we set up --

Do you want to do a multiple day event?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited November 2007
    Options
    i think Russ is going to host and he is right outside Charlotte. as far as any of your other questions I dont know.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,331
    edited November 2007
    Options
    I can open up my pad for Friday and/or Saturday if Russ wants to do a Sunday. Food for thought.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited November 2007
    Options
    I think I am in. I missed PF GA:(
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited November 2007
    Options
    I'm pretty far away from Charlotte (~2hrs) or I'd offer some bunks at my place. If anyone is closer to Asheville than Charlotte, you'd be more than welcome to crash at my place and ride down with me.

It would be great to meet you in person Ben; hope you can make it!
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited November 2007
    Options
    treitz, I can work with that plan. Do a double on a Saturday, if some folks want to hit both places is cool cause I my self would like to hear your rig. Trey is about 15 miles from me so he could bring some toys here, mind y'all my house is olny about 1000 sqft. So I'm sure there's gonna be some pluggin and un-pluggin goodies, "Does this sound better with that or this...." you know how we get!
    Plenty of hotels in town or pass out on the floor, couch, dresser... etc. I've got my ht in the living room and 2ch in the bed room. Hardwood floors with area rugs so expect some reflections you folks with carpet may not be used to. Just look at as a different way to hear your equipment.
    We could be roving band of audio-goobs, meet new friends, hear some great gear and, hell I'll make a tub of chili.
    Ben, you get your **** up here or else.....:cool: and bring some of your world famous IC's.
    Any and all ideas are appreciated and if any of y'all know how to make this thing a sticky, please let me know.

Dig It??
    Lightman Russ:D
  • VR3
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Can this thread be moved to gatherings so it dosnt get lost in the Clubhouse talk?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Sure, why not.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • VR3
    edited November 2007
    Options
    You da snow man! Thanks
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    Options
    February-March looks good here. Just need some feedback from y'all. Let me know!
    Lightman Russ
  • treitz3
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Well now that we know how to find you and we are not flying all over the clubhouse we can get down to business. Might I suggest that the three or four closest locals get together at someone's pad [or elsewhere] and figure out the best plan of action. It looks as if none of us have ideal places for a big event, but 3 of us are within an hour of each other and central to Charlotte.

The Gentleman's Club would be perfect :eek: Nevermind, we wouldn't talk about anything and Trey can't even get in :p. Maybe meet at a local joint to where we could meet and discuss?

Kuul? No? You are the chief "lightman" Russ!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Just got an optical cable for my XBox for a subwoofer demo...

My body hurts after Terminator 3..

My neighbors probally heard that one

Too bad I dont have a center or surrounds as it sounded overall horrible - but wow, my subwoofers kicked! hahahahahha

Definite must hear! ;)
  • treitz3
    edited November 2007
    Options
    So, you are on the NC round?
  • VR3
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Id have to be an idiot not to go to a Polkfest 10 miles away...

Just saying lol
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    Options
    How old are you Trey?!! Whippersnapper with good ears! HUH!
    treitz (Tom?), you,Trey, Jason (jflail2), and audiobliss are close by from what I can gather. The Gentlemans Club sounds good, Trey can sit in the car and I'll send him a Pepsi occasionally.:D
  • VR3
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Im 18 :)
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    Options
    He's old enough to get in! No drinkin' young man!!;) It'll stunt your growth. I'd be 6'8" by now!
  • Fireman32
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Anytime after the new year is good for me.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Same here Fireman.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Around March? March Madness... Howzat sound?:cool:
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2007
    Options
    I'd love to be in on one, especially if it's going to be that close to home. However, I have no idea how my schedule's gonna look, and even if that worked out just dandy, Mom would have a conniption about it. Wow, I can't believe Mozilla didn't underline that word in red! :p
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • treitz3
    edited November 2007
    Options
    March sounds great to me Russ! Springtime when everything is alive and in bloom in sunny Nof' Kackalakie! Too cool. What a beautiful time to visit!

Maybe we can sneak Trey into the "Gentlemans Club" under our arms or something. Maybe stuff him into our shirt pocket??? I have a feeling he will like Jennifer. ;) :eek:
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Come one, come all! NCAA final four is the 20th and final is the 22nd. But hey! Why can't we enjoy the sweet 16 and hear some good gear?
    I don't know Jennifer. But from what I saw there last time, she could have been named Earl and I would still have F..... ooops sorry justin. :o
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Just keeping this one going. If any one needs any info for hotels or anything else, just PM me and I'll do what I can. If there are any NASCAR fans out there, you will get a bonus.A lot of the teams are based in this two horse town.
  • treitz3
    edited December 2007
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Just keeping this one going.
    Most definitely!
  • Fireman32
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Looking foward to it Russ. Once we firm a date I will pm you for the hotel. Even though im a couple hours away if you need any help with planning or setting up please let me know.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Please post a message SOMEWHERE when a date is finalized. If it's definitely Feb. then disregard this response- as I will be full tilt all month:-(
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2007
    Options
    I'm interested in this as well and Feb/Mar could work.

I'll also throw this out there if venue becomes an issue.....I would certainly not be opposed to throwing a mini-fest and I'm not reall ALL that far away (2.5 hrs from Charlotte). Just food for thought. It's been a year since I've done a PolkFest and 2009 looks like my next one so I gotta keep my hand in practice.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »
    so I gotta keep my hand in practice.

BDT

Don't use it too much or it will end up shaped like a claw like Ray McKigney's!:D:D:D
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
    Options
    MARCH 14-17. Drop in whenever. Tom(treitz3) has mentioned that he might be willing to have a gathering at the casa as well. The dates are firm, so schedule yourselves if that works.. Thanks for all the interest in this little soiree. PM if y'all have any questions.
    Troy, are you stateside now? 2.5 hrs? Bragg? Cherry Point?
    Come One,Come All!
    Lightman Russ