Possible mini-fest in NC

lightman1
lightman1 Posts: 10,776
Just got back from dropping off Jasons (jflail2) kharma. Sat and talked about the madness we suffer from. Swapped lies and BS. Just by looking around, we've noticed quite a few Polkers in the area. Got to thinking about a local session for one and all to come by and see who has it the worst. My house is small but it has indoor plumbing! Let me know what you think.
Jasons a stand up guy and eager to learn as well am I. And he has KILLER cigars!

POLKIN' In NC
Russ:D
All Right you freeloaders!!!March 14-17, 2008. Be there or be square! Bring Gear, Bring Beer! Family is welcome. Lots of hotels around here. NASCAR fans, You'll be in the capital city of race teams.
PM me or Tom(treitz3) with yes or no so I can see who's coming.
Can Ya Dig It?

P.S. NO PIE, NO ENTRY!!!:D:D
Post edited by lightman1 on

Comments

• movtarget
    movtarget Posts: 125
    edited November 2007
    IN...

(pending wife approval for the scheduled timeframe)

Realistically, I can't join in until after New Year's. If it's down near Charlotte, I can schedule a trip to visit our businesses down there on a Fri or Mon to kill two birds with one stone.

Moving Target in NC
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    30 miles north. I myself might be in Baltimore till the end of December. Just puttin out the feelers.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited November 2007
    I never visit a home with indoor plumbing as I'm not house trained.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    edited November 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    I never visit a home with indoor plumbing as I'm not house trained.

I'll leave the back door open so you can do your biz in the yard. Us southern folk are just gettin yousd to inside water also! :D
  • Poee7R
    Poee7R Posts: 904
    edited November 2007
    Only 150 or so miles away according to mapquest, so depending on date should be a go for me and the mrs. Also need to figure out if we wanna do it over a weekend's time or just a day.

Ah before i forget, any of you guys in the area have a grill?
    Good music, good food and good people. Not much more to ask for.

Dave

PS. Lightman you is making the chili :p
    Once again we meet at last.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    edited November 2007
    I'm definitely in as long as its not on a Saturday -- Sundays are where its at for me...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    edited November 2007
    Hey, I'm offended. Trey removed my quote.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    edited November 2007
    Fixed
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited November 2007
    Fixed

Haha
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • F1nut
    edited November 2007
    Nah, that's not the one. :(

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    edited November 2007
    Hehe

Sorry

Was doing some editing the other day... :(

I'm sure yall say something else funny! You do it quite often, haha
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    Lasareath wrote: »
    If I have time to change my spark plugs, I'll be down too!

I might just hitch a ride Sal! What do you say Jess?
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited November 2007
    Ok im in. Just let me know when. I am going home to NJ for thanksgiving but I am up for a gathering. Anyone else in the Raleigh area is welcome to ride with me. I think it would be a great time.
  • VR3
    edited November 2007
    Looks like if we wait until after the new year -- it would be best...
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    First of the year is what I'm thinking. Winter is a rough time of year schedule wise. Snow and ice storms keep us busy. I need to finish a few projects around the shack as well. PM me if you need my phone # or Joe (hearingimpaired) and Jason (jflail2) have it. I'll start a sticky if that works for every one.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited November 2007
    Excellent idea, and it was great to meet you Russ!!! Good beers, good conversation, and free speakers; I can't say I've had a better Saturday in a while.

Might be a good idea to let everyone take care of holiday business anyway, but I am most definitely in for anything in western NC. Just keep me posted and I'll bring plenty of stogies and a little bit of grandpa's elixir as well...
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited November 2007
    You know I'm in and after the first of the year sounds good to me. Just keep us posted on the dates.

For those that may be coming down from Jersey, I have a room you can crash in with a futon and we also have an inflatable queen size mattress. Just LMK if you are interested.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited November 2007
    lightman1 wrote: »
    First of the year is what I'm thinking. Winter is a rough time of year schedule wise. Snow and ice storms keep us busy. I need to finish a few projects around the shack as well. PM me if you need my phone # or Joe (hearingimpaired) and Jason (jflail2) have it. I'll start a sticky if that works for every one.

Ya'll have a lot of snow and ice storms down there in Mooresville :confused:
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • Fireman32
    edited November 2007
    First of the year sounds good as well. Looking foward to some good stogies. Also anyone in the Raleigh area are always welcome to come by and hear my modest rig.
  • jflail2
    edited November 2007
    Any preferences Fireman? I'm usually a padron smoker (best bang for the buck imho) but took Russ an Opus X down since he was doing me a huge favor meeting me 1/2 way.

I'm going to start restocking the humidor now, so I'll grab a few extra according to what everyone likes...

• read-alot
    edited November 2007
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Any preferences Fireman? I'm usually a padron smoker (best bang for the buck imho) but took Russ an Opus X down since he was doing me a huge favor meeting me 1/2 way.

I'm going to start restocking the humidor now, so I'll grab a few extra according to what everyone likes...

Got any Romeo y Julieta No. 2 de Luxe stashed away?

Back in my cigar smoking days those were my favorite of all smokes.
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • Fireman32
    edited November 2007
    I like the Playboy's by don diego and the Cohiba's. I am also a big fan of the Macanudo's
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    read-alot wrote: »
    Ya'll have a lot of snow and ice storms down there in Mooresville :confused:

Yeah. But only two inches for two days and everything shuts down. Come on down the Mountain!
  • read-alot
    edited November 2007
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Yeah. But only two inches for two days and everything shuts down. Come on down the Mountain!

I was joking, I work in Statesville.
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo

B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    :pJust make sure you have bread and milk.:p
  • read-alot
    edited November 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    I like the Playboy's by don diego and the Cohiba's. I am also a big fan of the Macanudo's

I had to quit cigars because of some health problems years ago and let my humidor go without service, I lost Trinidads, Cohibas, Romeo Churchills, Fuentes Grand Reservas and a few pre Castros that a friend at JR Tobacco gave me after Mr. Rothman purchased an old store in DC.
    At the time I was concerned more about me staying alive than my cigars so it doesn't hurt so bad that they were the losers.
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo

B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2007
    Leave it to a guy named Russ to take the ball and run with it. The forum could use a few more Russes. ;)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Leave it to a guy named Russ to take the ball and run with it. The forum could use a few more Russes. ;)

Preach it Brother Russ! Texas isn't to far away.....;)
  • jflail2
    edited November 2007
    Well I'll guarantee a good variety box of smokes then (with a bit of everything mentioned above included.......except of course the pre-castros :o)

And the Charlotte airport isn't far from Mooresville at all Russman :)

• Fireman32
    edited November 2007
    Well now im getting psyced for this. Good people, good music, good cigars. What else can be better.