Georgia Polkfest 07 Official Thread

Comments

• movtarget
    movtarget Posts: 125
    edited August 2007
    Even though I'm new here, y'all seem like my kind of folk.

How many are attending with spouse? I'm getting ready to put in a request with my beloved, and trying to determine if we both go and get her parents to watch the youngins, or if I try to join up with Fireman and others for a carpool.

So, recommend spouse to join me or not?

MovTarget in (Raleigh) NC
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited August 2007
    my wife is going with me,,however I'm sure that she will not stay for the duration,it will be my first PF as well,,hope to meet some of the great folks that I've spoken/corresponded with.:)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,650
    edited August 2007
    I just got sick. LOL
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2007
    my wife is going with me,,however I'm sure that she will not stay for the duration,it will be my first PF as well,,hope to meet some of the great folks that I've spoken/corresponded with.:)

Mine is coming too George.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited August 2007
    This is going to be so much fun. movtarget you are welcome to ride with me if you like.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited August 2007
    Flight is booked so I am now 100% in.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited August 2007
    Oh and the latest rumour is that several of the guys from the Big Boy Waddle Club have completely shaved their body for the belly bucking contest, speedo's on everyone.

RT1

Did you have to mention this???? I had my wife almost convinced to let me go to the second PF this year.....now I need to start over :D:D:D

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • janmike
    edited August 2007
    Oh and the latest rumour is that several of the guys from the Big Boy Waddle Club have completely shaved their body for the belly bucking contest, speedo's on everyone.

RT1

Well I'm not part of that club nor do I want to join. :D:D
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited August 2007
    movtarget wrote: »
    How many are attending with spouse? I'm getting ready to put in a request with my beloved, and trying to determine if we both go and get her parents to watch the youngins, or if I try to join up with Fireman and others for a carpool.

So, recommend spouse to join me or not?

I mentioned this in a post a few months ago.
    My wife has indicated that spending a weekend in a house with a bunch of drunk audio geeks is the LAST thing she would want to do. She states that ONE is more than enough. She'll pass.

Nothing has changed.

In fact, to offset my Fall Polkfest Audio and Golf Tour, she, her sister, and my two daughters will be flying out next Sunday morning for a few days in St. Thomas. Quid pro quo can be expensive sometimes.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    Quid pro quo a new set of ARC 24 tube mono block amps!:eek: :D
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited August 2007
    wives are welcome, Joe is bringing his, of course he has never been to one these..........hehehehehehe

Al Ballard told me Monica from Polk HQ is in, so we will be having a lady Polkie from HQ for the first time, well check that, Hedy attended Doro's PF.

Well I am here in Denver its raining and blah outside.

enjoy polk nation, it was a long trip and I am bushed.

RT1
  • Girl_Addicted
    Girl_Addicted Posts: 195
    edited August 2007
    I can't come due to a PT concert on October 6. But I've wanted to come to one of these things for years.

I've actually recommended that the Residents of a Blank Planet forum members have a gathering similar to one of these.
    Trey (5:22:24 AM): my Taylos have copper phase plugs
    Trey (5:22:26 AM): they shiney
    Destiney (5:22:39 AM): ahaha
    Destiney (5:22:57 AM): that gives wrong pictures of you lovingly caressing your taylos copper phase plugs
    Trey (5:23:25 AM): >_>
    Trey (5:23:27 AM): Mayyybe
    Trey (5:23:31 AM): I do dust them, does this count?
    Destiney (5:23:22 AM): do you linger?
    Trey (5:23:49 AM): not normally
    Destiney (5:23:35 AM): then its okaaaaay
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited August 2007
    the Residents of a Blank Planet forum members

WTF??? Maybe we should be glad you can't attend!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited August 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    WTF??? Maybe we should be glad you can't attend!?!

Jesse, Residents of a Blank Planet is a forum for fans of a band called Porcupine Tree. Not some weird religious sect or witch coven :D:) .

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited August 2007
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!:D :D:D:D:D

OMG! Thank you for the hearty laugh first thing on a Monday morning!!!:D

heiney9 wrote: »
    Jesse, Residents of a Blank Planet is a forum for fans of a band called Porcupine Tree. Not some weird religious sect or witch coven :D:) .

H9
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited August 2007
    Whew, what a relief. :)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Girl_Addicted
    Girl_Addicted Posts: 195
    edited August 2007
    Yeeeeah...

I'm not into weird sects like that.

Don't let the goat in the backyard give you the wrong idea.
    Trey (5:22:24 AM): my Taylos have copper phase plugs
    Trey (5:22:26 AM): they shiney
    Destiney (5:22:39 AM): ahaha
    Destiney (5:22:57 AM): that gives wrong pictures of you lovingly caressing your taylos copper phase plugs
    Trey (5:23:25 AM): >_>
    Trey (5:23:27 AM): Mayyybe
    Trey (5:23:31 AM): I do dust them, does this count?
    Destiney (5:23:22 AM): do you linger?
    Trey (5:23:49 AM): not normally
    Destiney (5:23:35 AM): then its okaaaaay
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited August 2007
    flight booked,
    body shaved,

oh yeah brotha, I"M READY!!!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    flight booked,
    body shaved,

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, eeeeewwwww I just got the mental visual although without the hair we might have something here!!!:eek:
  • Fireman32
    edited August 2007
    flight booked,
    body shaved,

ok i just threw up all over my laptop. Thanks Lou.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited August 2007
    flight booked,
    body shaved,

I was told for $5 a turn we were going to use Brazillian wax to remove your hair. I guess it's back to the bank to turn in my 5 dollar bills :eek: :eek:

Ted will tell anyone anything to hit the target attendance numbers :p

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • janmike
    edited August 2007
    What have I got myself into?
    :eek: :confused:
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited August 2007
    Wait 'till you ask yourself "how do I get out of here?". Just like the song says...."You can check out....but you can never leave....":eek:

When you leave it'll be like "Who's wine, what wine...where the hell did I dine...must have been a dream, I don't believe where I've been......Come on! Let's do it again........":D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ohskigod
    edited August 2007
    I was told for $5 a turn we were going to use Brazillian wax to remove your hair. I guess it's back to the bank to turn in my 5 dollar bills :eek: :eek:

H9

you must be a millionairre if you thought you were getting the job done solo :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited August 2007

As always there will be a full range of debauchery at PF....just take your pick.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Fireman32
    edited August 2007
    Lou is one step away from being a yeti. I will bring a orbital sander.
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Lou is one step away from being a yeti. I will bring a orbital sander.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, that would have to be a southern yeti, I don't think I've ever seen such black hair on a white guy!!!
  • ohskigod
    edited August 2007
    Suck It!!!! :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    Suck It!!!! :p

Too hairy!:eek:
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited August 2007
    I see the Fest "sickness" is well under way, as usual it will build to a cleansing sweat beating like a drum in the lodge until the frenzy is out of control, providing everyone the fix they need until its time for the next one.

So bring it.

RT1