DVD changers, 200 Disc +

Options
cookaa
cookaa Posts: 49
edited January 2003 in Electronics
Anyone have any experience with DVD changers in the 200 dvd + range. I have seen a sony model around for $500 that is 300+1. My main concern is dvd switching times, this will be used primarily as a cd jukebox, and secondly as a DVD player. It is a x-mas gift for the pops. He doesn't have a DVD player yet, so he doesn't need any fancy progressive scan or features like that, but definatly digital out with a built in DD or DTS decoder optional, the receiver can do that as well. Any first hand experience or info would be appreciated.

Thanks

My stuff:
Toshiba 32AF42
Panasonic DVD CP72
LSI-15s
LSi-9s
LSi-C
HK 300
Monster Power HTS 3600
Post edited by cookaa on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited December 2002
    Options
    cookaa,
    you can stop your search right there.The Sony is real nice.I put that peice in alot of times and liked it every single time.It loads qucik.Megachangers are quicker then getting off the couch unloading the disk and loading in another one.

The Sony also has onscreen disk management.If you can play with one before you buy,I'll bet you'll come home with it.

Picture quality is real good,sound quality is also good.For the money I can't think of a better player.....unless you can pick up a Pioneer Elite Dvf-07 for the same money........they seem to be holding there value,it's a real nice megachanger.Better Picture Quality and sound over the Sony,but if you can't find one at a steal,then go with the Sony............win win as I see it.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • begbie
    begbie Posts: 630
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I own a Sony 300 cd changer and it's been a saviour. Loading times have not been an issue so I can't see it being a problem in their dvd mega changers as well.
    Polk Rt800i -Fronts
    Polk cs400i -Center
    Polk fx500i -side surrounds
    Polk rc60i -rear surrounds
    Onkyo TX-NR 1009 (9.2) receiver
    Velodyne cht12
    Polk psw111
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited December 2002
    Options
    i have the pioneer elite dv-07 300+1 changer its real good player
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • cookaa
    cookaa Posts: 49
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Any comments on the difference between the 2 DVD changers. I know one is a pioneer elite model, but feature wise I can't find anything to major that would justify the $300-$400 price difference. I tried the newest sony model and the sorting features were not sufficient, only 4 folders for seperating music by genre. Looking to try something different. Any comments would be great!

Thanks.
  • geekmedic
    geekmedic Posts: 78
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Isn't the Sony 300+1 DVD/CD changer actually a progressive scan player? My Crutchfield catalog lists it as a progressive scan DVD player.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. - Albert Einstein
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2003
    Options
    the old one was not but the new one is. i have the 400 disk cd changer and it works good. i would like a mega dvd changer but i just dont like sony that much i try and stay away from them as much as i can. i would like a little more qualty in my product. but that is the olny reasonable priced dvd changer out there.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I've read a few threads at other forums where people have complined of damage to their cd's from using megachangers. any of you guys ever have any problems with yours eating your cd's?
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • begbie
    begbie Posts: 630
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Certain models I've heard have done such damage. I think it was one of those new generation Sony cd/dvd megachangers that could also flip the other side of the disc to read.

I have a Sony 300 disc changer for over 2 years and love it! In fact, I'm thinking of a second Sony megachanger and daisy-chain it!
    Polk Rt800i -Fronts
    Polk cs400i -Center
    Polk fx500i -side surrounds
    Polk rc60i -rear surrounds
    Onkyo TX-NR 1009 (9.2) receiver
    Velodyne cht12
    Polk psw111