Denon AVR1803

VE6OHV
VE6OHV Posts: 119
edited November 2002 in Electronics
Wow - what a nice piece!!

I just finished installing it and boy what a change. Set-up was a breeze, and the sound - what can I say...... For the money ($799.00cdn) OUTSTANDING!

It is driving the rt1000p's better that I ever thought possible! Finally clean - clear - and constant power for the HT. Fleetwood Mac "Rumours" DVD-A is a masterful piece of audio history with this new-found power. :D

My system is pulling double duty HT and 2ch party mode, right now it is in party mode and it sounds GREAT! I have yet to put the DTS-ES to the test but I am looking forward to it. What DVD's are good for DTS-ES?

I know it isn't seperates but BIG BANG for my loonie!
Post edited by VE6OHV on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2002
    A guy digging his gear......good on ya brotha!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited November 2002
    Can you believe they put powered 2nd zone on a $500 receiver? Sure, you lose 6.1 when you do it that way, but still that's nice.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited November 2002
    Denon started doing this with the avr3801.Alot of technology rolls down to the cheaper lines after awhile.

I always felt that Polk rt line and Denon go together really well.The Denon smooths out the agressive tri lam tweeter well......nice match.

I installed the avr1803 as well, but with Boston acoustic speakers,nice receiver at a modest price......Denon makes good products,you can't go wrong there.For the rt lines I mean.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.