124»

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited July 2002
    I plan on changing the color of my speaker's soon,
    then can I have my opnion back?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited July 2002
    But your way isn't right. It's not defined correctly. It's not in accordance with my standards. You can't enjoy it. It sucks. How can you enjoy something that doesn't gain my acceptance? I hope my disapproval of your ways eats at you until you buy Bose. Chew on that!......professional installation man...
    *sorry...that fifth coors just kicked in real nice*:D
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited July 2002
    Originally posted by LiquidSound
    and realize they're driving a three cylinder toaster.

Hee, Hee.....I like that one!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mantis
    edited July 2002
    Liquidsound,
    nice try......I'm that that easy to egg on.You have your way...I have mine.....:o
    Dan
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited August 2002
    I ran out of beer the same time I finished rading this f'ed-up thread. Fortunately, I've got Vico-Tuss and Vodka&juice. I've upgraded from Ny-Quil.

Mantis: Great thread. I have different opinions, but so what. Had this thread not gone to **** I would've voiced them. Oh well, I'll try anyways. Don't be so defensive and/or cocky and it'll all be good. I consider you to be a valuable resource with finances that are better than mine and a very stong opinion that is sometimes voiced inappropriatley. That's it don't get all big!

BDT: I agree with you fully, but.... I've never thought of HT as a way to improve on a bad movie, but a way to appreciate a movie to its' full potential. While that reproduction doesn't need to be 5.1, imagine 5 DQ-10s and the matching sub(s). Movie appreciation is separate to HT. That said, I'd rather watch any movie in 2ch with quality spkrs than in 5.1 with sun soaked Kraco 6x9s.

My thoughts:
    If you watch a movie or TV and consider the audio/visual, its' HT.

Speakers do NOT need to be identical. Try to find an Acoustiflex (StereoLab) center spkr and I'll buy it. Until then I'll settle for my P'digm. I'll put these fronts up against a pair of *1000*s any day of the week.

MOST 5.1 movies are overly separated across the 5 channels. Far left on-screen sounds the same as far left 20ft off-screen. 2ft behind the camera sounds like 20ft behind. In which case good stereo sound is the far winner.

With quality speakers, a sub is not needed. In fact it is only a bandage.

Amps DO NOT need to match. If your front speakers match, this is the obvious preference. Until there is side imaging, there is no need for identical amps or speakers from front to rear.

Many people brought up good points that I'd like to comment on. Unfortunatly this thread is getting obscenely long and like I said, I'm outta beer.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited August 2002
    I hate running out of Beer before I pass out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but then I hit the wifes RUM and, well, there you have it.
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited August 2002
    There I have it. Right now as a matter of fact.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited August 2002
    What a bunch of crap. I thought the can was out of worms. I am done with one.:rolleyes:
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2002
    'Ohhhhh, I'm driving my life away....looking for a better way.....forrrrrrr meeeee'

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited August 2002
    You guys need to check out THIS site.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited August 2002
    BDT......where's the "rainy day":D
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2002
    Ron, you found Dan's homepage, SAAWEET!!! ;)

I need a big Eddie Rabbit sticker for my truck. Maybe like a big 'ER' like the old Van Halen logo, with the wings....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited August 2002
    Thanks RonP, I sent the link to my wife.
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited August 2002
    :lol:

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2002
    Eff that ER stuff.....I wanna get my stilleto heeled goth boots on.....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    The Fun never ends on this post
    Dan
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited August 2002
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited August 2002
    "Liquidsound,
    nice try......I'm that that easy to egg on.You have your way...I have mine" -mantis
    So was it that that? Or that, that? Or should I focus on just one that and if so, which that? *smiles*
    It was a little blatent sarcasm...considering I'm on your side of the fence.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • cgravil
    cgravil Posts: 101
    edited August 2002
    Your speakers are the wrong color. You can't have an opinion anymore!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ROFLMFAO!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    The probibility of someone watching you is directly related to the stupidity of the action in question.:eek:
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    Liquidsound,
    all in good fun.....thats cool.Your on my side of the fence?Which fence would that be?I'n here it seems I have many......
    Dan