Post a picture.....any picture...part deux...

Comments

• Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,307
    edited September 16
    po6kxnu4g3fe.png
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,627
    As decreed, replying to @mhardy6647 in the new thread.

c7e6xinue6pd.png

Is this lady

a) sitting on the floor of the car

b) a midget?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,341
    OleBoot wrote: »
    h84kn0z7nhdy.png

A case of just because you can doesn't mean you should.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,123
    Propane tank 'pumpkins': I took this pic myself today. Can you guess from where?
    9v7k2lf219md.jpg

There's already been one guess of East Lansing, MI, which was a good one, but incorrect. We are indeed in MI, though. Think ART.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,590
    OleBoot wrote: »
    As decreed, replying to @mhardy6647 in the new thread.

c7e6xinue6pd.png

Is this lady

a) sitting on the floor of the car

b) a midget?

I think neither -- US automobiles were large in those days, and steering wheels were enormous, as power steering was extremely uncommon.

Oh, speaking of automobiles -- Mrs. H & I were at our favorite ice cream place (in Charlestown, NH) Sunday afternoon. A gorgeous but unfamiliar to me cream coloured little roadster came in and parked just to one side of my decidedly uninteresting little Subaru. The car was driven by an older man with a similarly annuated woman in the passenger seat (RHD). I could not recognise the vehicle, so I went over to look and said as much to them.

Said the man "It's a 1947 Rover!".
    It really was gorgeous.
    I refrained from snapping a piccie of it (although I doubt that they'd have minded), though.

Dang. I just googled and found the very car!
    https://highmeadowfarmrovers.com/1947-rover

y8zz011po85v.png

I guess they collect Rovers (and Land Rovers, too).
    I note, wryly, that our arborist, who lives on this side of the Connecticut River, collects Land Rovers, too.
    Must be some weird Yankee thing. ;)

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,274
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    po6kxnu4g3fe.png

I always liked the KTM Road and MX bikes.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,630
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Propane tank 'pumpkins': I took this pic myself today. Can you guess from where?
    9v7k2lf219md.jpg

There's already been one guess of East Lansing, MI, which was a good one, but incorrect. We are indeed in MI, though. Think ART.

Michigan and art don't usually come in the same thoughts. I used to live there. It used to have more, but when that corrupt Detroit mayor took the city into Bankruptcy, I remember the city owned museums had to sell off a bunch of their artwork.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • jdjohn
    billbillw wrote: »
    jdjohn wrote: »
    9v7k2lf219md.jpg

Michigan and art don't usually come in the same thoughts. I used to live there. It used to have more, but when that corrupt Detroit mayor took the city into Bankruptcy, I remember the city owned museums had to sell off a bunch of their artwork.

I don't want to stretch this out too long, so I'll just mention that we are on the 'Art Coast' of Michigan. I took that pic at a crossroads farmers market that is between Saugatuck and Fennville.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • billbillw
    edited September 16
    25 years living there with 25+ visits back since leaving in 1996. This is the 1st I've heard of an Art Coast. It must be something that's been promoted more in recent years. Or maybe because that area of the state is my least visited. Most of my family and friends are in SE Mich, Grand Rapids, Flint, or Traverse City. Most of our vacations to Lake Michigan were further north.
    Maybe I will have to venture that way sometime.
  • billbillw
    edited September 16
    4aklh8poqgg4.jpg

Deadwood fans may pick this up quicker.
  • jdjohn
    edited September 16
    25 years living there with 25+ visits back since leaving in 1996. This is the 1st I've heard of an Art Coast. It must be something that's been promoted more in recent years. Or maybe because that area of the state is my least visited. Most of my family and friends are in SE Mich, Grand Rapids, Flint, or Traverse City. Most of our vacations to Lake Michigan were further north.
    Maybe I will have to venture that way sometime.
    Definitely look into the SW coast of MI. We're near Saugatuck, but Holland appears to be the primary vacation hub. On this side of the state, sunsets are the premium.
    v6gn9v30k0i1.jpg

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,985
    4aklh8poqgg4.jpg

Deadwood fans may pick this up quicker.

"Get off my donkey chicken London Underground sign."

byb9nun1wfgx.jpg
  • billbillw
    Close on the 2 out of 3. No London tie in.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,985
    Close on the 2 out of 3. No London tie in.

"Get off my burro hen old Universal Pictures logo."
  • billbillw
    Bruh
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,983
    Bruh

Everyone knows it's mini pony, Rooster and UFO beaming to Earth...Geez come on!!
  • Mule, Cornish game hen, and . .some secret encoded symbol
    Sal Palooza
  • billbillw
    edited September 17
    Another word for donkey...The opposite of a hen...Another word for a lollipop...

Did nobody here watch Deadwood?
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,307
    Another word for donkey...The opposite of a hen...Another word for a lollipop...

Did nobody here watch Deadwood?

Lol, dude, they're messing with you. Took me a few seconds, my brain was trying to make it say: A s s, chicken s h i t, my eyes kept saying, DUDE, that is NOT chicken s h i t!!!
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,110
    Hmm… 🤔

w82s4ket799w.jpeg
    Alea jacta est!
  • mhardy6647
    A li'l tompe-l'œil action for all y'all...
    qnn3rfnmzk3p.png
  • mhardy6647
    and...from our budskis @ hifihaven:
    85mrk75ubsug.png
  • billbillw
    You talking to me?
    vi7ci6hvuqnn.jpg