Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,348
    Options
    emuvovp93mtd.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,446
    Options
    Damn. You look at movies today and there is NO comparison. That post was eye opening.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,102
    Options
    What’s that, about 1984?
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • daddyjt
    Options
    Yea, ‘83-‘84. I count six (6) movies there I’d go see in a theater TODAY…
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,886
    Options
    Porky's II lol
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,719
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    Porky's II lol

My only memory of the second one is "Oogie boogey."
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,125
    Options
    53689290783_bafac01c6c_b.jpgMiscellaneous 035 - Miss Communications - 1959 by Johnny El-Rady, on Flickr

Miss Communications.
    B):#
    I may have miss understood. ;)
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Now Hear This! One from Ken Kantor ;)
    53689135985_d140a9b57e_b.jpgUntitled by Kenneth Kantor, on Flickr

... and another from the source of Miss Communications.
    53689484975_d50b3b3403_b.jpgVintage STEM Ad 277 - Boeing - 1979 by Johnny El-Rady, on Flickr
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,309
    Options
    Miss Communication definitely has a face for radio.
    Sal Palooza
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,166
    edited April 30
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    zuu0nbeiplhj.jpg
    Couldn't find anyone to go with me to my secret spot. 14# hard to land alone

wk6u14t4jl2c.jpg

Day 2 posted this pic.

Couple of friends were like okay... Take me!

atncolt2363k.jpg

Hmmm IDK, something about this just seems fishy..
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,921
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Great looking car, but you better buy two as reliability is a concern. A friend of mine had one back in the day.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,388
    Options
    There once there was a little girl
    That had a little curl
    right in the middle of her forehead
    When she was good, she was very good.
    But when she was bad she was Horrid!

This is how we refer to Jags!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Art class:
    5j3nc1d8skmc.png
    (seen @ Hifihaven)
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,460
    edited April 30
    Options
    Yesterdays haul.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,660
    Options
    5mjsvb9b3vad.jpg

Well deserved...
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    ^^^ Dude's just a slacker.

lyl4h2tvd1qm.png

;)B)

wait, what? one "G"?!?

:blush:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,874
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Yesterdays haul.

There's a motley crew
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    Options
    djadqxugigzh.png

(hifihaven)

so true... so true
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,093
    Options
    @mhardy6647 and @nooshinjohn pictures remind me of consequences when government acts:

The Hagger photo reminded me of the textile industry that used to be in Bremen GA.
    2xet7tfdi0el.png
    Hubbard Slacks Company

Besides the Hubbard Slacks Company, there was Sewell Manufacturing Suit Company, Warren-Sewell Suit Company, and many more smaller textile manufacturers. I knew at least 8 to 10 family members who worked at these companies.

The West Georgia Textile Heritage Trail website says the following about the Hubbard Pants Company:

Opening in the midst of America’s Great Depression, it would have been difficult to imagine a new textile company being able to keep its proverbial head above water. That is, however exactly what S.W. Hubbard’s company did though. The Hubbard Pants company opened in 1932 and had a 'slow start,' producing only a few pairs of pants a week with a very small workforce and few machines.

Despite this, the company managed to stay afloat and finally began to see major growth in the 1940s especially during the war years. From this point on, Hubbard Pants made considerable growth for the next several decades. Each decade saw more and more profit for the now very large national corporation. Hubbard became the 'backbone' of Bremen‘s economy and labor force and helped Bremen to become a thriving town in West Georgia.

It was not until the implementation of NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) that Hubbard Pants, like most of the rest of the textile industry, experienced major setbacks. The textile industry as a whole moved south for cheaper labor in foreign nations and so workers who had been involved in the industry immediately began to lose their jobs all over the region. The plant had two facilities and while parts of it were used by other companies at certain times, the company itself remained in the hands of the Hubbard family throughout its period of operation.

The Bremen facilities finally closed permanently in 2002 with a labor force of approximately 100 workers. Hubbard will, however, be a symbol of the textile industry’s incredible strength in the south for over 100 years."
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,177
    Options
  • daddyjt
    Options
    l3zjrwfi9pl4.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,155
    Options
    wc0sgswft5ij.jpeg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,155
    Options
    xxkb26tpz3eb.jpeg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson