Latest Netflix find

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    It's probably been mentioned already, but we just finished all three seasons of afterlife with Ricky Gervais. So very funny and tender and poignant and philosophical. And I cried. So. Dang. Much. It was pretty amazing. I'll probably use some clips in my existentialism class.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    We just started watching the "3 body problem" on Netflix.

I read a review that said the first few episodes are pretty convoluted but then it gets better. Thoughts so far? Want a new sci-fi to watch with my wife and teenage daughter.

So far so good, just finished episode number three tonight. Hard to say where they're gonna take it and how it will turn out, but yeah I'm enjoying it. I'd say it is worth a watch.

It hits a lot of my "classic science fiction" buttons, good acting as well, imo.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    I tried reading the book a couple months ago. Just couldn't get into it. I know it gets high praise normally but it was very confusing and slow. Which is pretty much how I found the first episode.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,510
    Options
    Wait until you see episode 5! Amazing!
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    It's probably been mentioned already, but we just finished all three seasons of afterlife with Ricky Gervais. So very funny and tender and poignant and philosophical. And I cried. So. Dang. Much. It was pretty amazing. I'll probably use some clips in my existentialism class.

We saw that too, although at the time my Mom was going through dementia related problems which made it kind of tough to watch, we did enjoy the series. I'm surprised I liked it as I normally don't care much for him.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    We finished The Tourist last night, and recommend it...lots of interesting twists. The first season is set in Australia, and second season in Ireland, so you might need subtitles :D

Now, we are on to Dark, which is set in Germany.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Jimbo18
    Options
    If you like Guy Ritchie films, you will probably like The Gentlemen on NF. Finished the series and looking forward to more.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,278
    Options
    Derry Girls on Netflix is a 10.

Ireland coming of age story (kind of) brilliant writing, actors with excellent conedic timing, a binge watch for sure 🤗👍
    Sal Palooza
  • Jimbo18
    Options
    If you like anime at all, Blue Eye Samurai was pretty good. Amazing art and fight sequences.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Wait until you see episode 5! Amazing!

It was definitely a wild episode. Good series overall.

We're watching the 2023 Chinese version of the show now (just called 3 Body) on Amazon Prime.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    The Gentlemen has the green light for another season, apparently just depends when Guy Ritchie has the time.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options
    Finished Blacklist, it lost it's momentum for me earlier on but I had to finish it. Decent but if you don't watch it you're not missing much.
    Started watching Unlocked. It sure is interesting so far. It's not on the edge of your seat at all but an interesting experiment.