Just a Office rig

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,057
edited March 27 in 2 Channel Audio
cpuoc4pq9b5z.jpeg
Hello everyone,
I moved my Focal Chorus 826V's to my office as I put my Def Tech Mythos ST's back in my Family Room surround system and moved out the Polk Audio RT16's. Both speaker's for the office are WAY TO BIG. I want to grab a nice set of book shelves for the location they are currently in, something like a tall thin white or wood bookshelf and put a nice pair of book shelf speakers on them. My Office is small, it's only 10.5 x 10.5 or so square room.

But I gotta say, geez the Focal's perform stupidly well in there. I'm totally shocked on how damn good they sound. I have them in a terrible place, like 2 inches from the back wall and maybe 6 inches from the side walls. Never ever would I suggest anyone set their speakers up in this configuration, but I use them right now for just background music when I'm working or fooling around on the computer.

I didn't expect them to sound this good especially after having the RT16's in here which didn't sound nearly as good, not A B the Focal's are light years better. What I'm talking about is the actual speakers ability
to create it's own sound and do it well. The Focal's are WAY MORE forgiving on placement then the RT's are. The RT's are more picky, they BOOM more, they smear and sound really muddy in this location. Again totally wrong placement for any Tower but somehow the Focal's don't give a crap. They just sit there , do their thing and sound almost as good as if I painstakingly set them up with proper toe in proper placement and tweaked them for hours. All I did was move out the RT's, place these here and felt what the hell, they are just sitting around , why not just listen to them.

Man I'm so into Focal Speakers. I have a few others, I have a set of Sib's and Sib XL's what I was considering just hanging on the wall but they require a subwoofer to even sound half good. They are nice small speakers but I just don't feel like integrating a small subwoofer in here. Maybe I will, I have a nice Sunfire that is a 10 inch and sounds awesome. I could put that in here easy but I'd much rather do the bookshelf idea and have some storage and decor options in those locations . Plus I don't feel like fishing the wires up the wall. LOL I'm a long time Installer and don't feel like doing what I'm extremely good at LOL.

Check out these wonderful speakers in horrible probably the worse placement you will ever see out of me LOL.

qmtvqq5fytll.jpeg

Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by CFarrell_SoundUnited on

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Great looking room. The colors and light in there may make it look larger than the 10.5 square.

I have my Focal Chora 704D speakers in a similar size space. That model is front ported. Because they are in an upstairs room on carpet I use a couple sets of Isoacoustics GAIA IIIs with the spike cups on mine. Those really elevate the performance in my experience.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    Options
    I had the bookie version 807s perhaps awhile ago. Not sure why I sold them but those were good sounding speakers…to me. Some day I will learn to hold on to stuff I like lol.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,065
    Options
    Can we change the thread title? Geez
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • mantis
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    I had the bookie version 807s perhaps awhile ago. Not sure why I sold them but those were good sounding speakers…to me. Some day I will learn to hold on to stuff I like lol.

I also had the Chorus Bookshelf speakers back in the day and sold them like a fool. At that time I wasn't really into Bookshelf speakers but I'll be honest, I would absolutely go Bookshelf all day especially the Focal's. Stupid move on me. Hey did I sell you mine back in the day?
    Dan
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,762
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Can we change the thread title? Geez

I know right.....can't believe it's worded like that. Should be "an" and not "a" B)
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    Street tacos and a Corona, I'd be set. Nice rig.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • mantis
    Options
    Leave my title alone, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.
    Dan
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    There’s nothing wrong with your title. Everyone knows what you meant, and your shed (garage) is one of the tidiest and cleanest I’ve ever seen! 😜
    Alea jacta est!
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    I won’t leave your title alone. It’s classless.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Kex
    Options
    😳

ygnlvt64z9ga.gif
    Alea jacta est!
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    I’m not what you’d call offended, there’s just a time and place for things and the title of a thread is not the place for GD…or numerous other words or phrases. Common courtesy, that’s all.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    I'm not even religious and I could tell you with full certainty that if this was, in fact, a "Family friendly" forum?

That title would have been gone the first time a mod saw it.

This gives one pause....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I'm not even religious and I could tell you with full certainty that if this was, in fact, a "Family friendly" forum?

That title would have been gone the first time a mod saw it.

This gives one pause....

Tom

We have mods? Who knew?!?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Kex
    Options
    And here I was thinking that some people were offended by the grammar… 🤦‍♂️

I, on the other hand AM religious. I took no offense whatsoever. I don’t believe for one second that Dan intended to offend or disrespect anyone. Is this some new form of twisted pseudo-religious cancel culture?! 🤷‍♂️

Dan seems like a good guy who’s been through some incredibly tough times lately, struggling to get ahead and enjoy his music. Who are we to throw the first stone? 🤔
    Alea jacta est!
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    Is this some new form of twisted pseudo-religious cancel culture?! 🤷‍♂️

What??? Was there ever a time when GD was acceptable to be thrown around in public?

And I never said Dan wasn’t a good guy. I’m sure he is. I just think it was bad judgement to post a thread with GD in the title. I mean it’s fairly obvious that it’s not really an accepted norm or you’d see thread titles with cursing all the time.

• mantis
    Options
    Ok this stuff is getting a bit out of hand. First off the words I used where a reaction. As an older sorta Gentleman, Im 53 , the words I used none of my friends or people I know face to face would even consider anything I said or in this case wrote offensive or have any other meaning than I was surprised in how the speakers performed in such horrible placement.

I didn't mean any harm, disrespect or upset anyone. I don't have the ability to change my words , which I would as it seems some of you have an issue with it. I thought as @Kex did, I use "a" instead on "an" in my sentence. I never thought twice about the GD comment until now.

Years ago , in this very forum way worse grammar and language has been used and most of us didn't have any issues with it. Most of us , let be honest are older men who want to talk about audio and as grown men , no disrespect to all others , we talk like men in a shop, something worse, something respectful but usually with no harmful meaning.

Sorry to anyone who is offended or upset or whatever my thread caused you to feel. I just was a bit shocked on how good the speakers performed. There was nothing else behind any of it other then my poor choice of grammar.
    Dan