Venting… is it too much to ask a manufacturer?

Options

Comments

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    edited January 18
    Options
    Given everything you have written about it, and since you have already committed the budget, I personally tend to think that faced with the same dilemma, I would persevere.

When I buy a statement wine, and I want something in particular, nothing less will do. It’s not showing off, or bragging, because nobody else even knows what my wine is worth when they see it brought out. It’s just white juice in a bottle or red juice in a glass to everyone else, but when I come across that rare bottle that is really worth it, I never regret the spend. In fact, I don’t even count it.

What have you got to lose? If they ultimately don’t sell it to you, you still have your money to spend on something else.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    edited January 18
    Options
    @treitz3 absolutely

@Kex your post makes sense. This purchase is for me and my journey. A headphone system is probably the worst possible flex if there ever was one.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Options
    In other news… the Stax dealer for the X9000 does not stop texting me.

Talk about polar opposites.

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Kex
    Options
    That would probably annoy me a thousand times more than being ignored! 😂

You’re not buying a used car!
    Alea jacta est!
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    @displayname
    @VR3

Now I understand.

I never really had a shot at this product. A lure. It was a worm at the end of the fishing line all along.

A sense of sadness relief has overcome me.

Fixed it…;-)
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,277
    edited January 19
    Options
    Words of wisdom of my late grandma come to mind:

"You can beat a dead horse but you're not going to make it any deader"

Those words would also occasionally come to mind in the past with a PFB UPS/FEDEX thread.

Grandma was loaded with many wisdoms.
    ......okay she was loaded a lot because she drank a lot
    🍸😵 but still....many wisdoms 👵🤔👍

Sal Palooza
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    @Kex has really helped degrade this thread into an absolute cringefest.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »

That is the very reason Kexxie is on my ignore list. Life is just better that way.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    That's just mean! What would Jesus do?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Ok he's actually doing some landscaping for me but still! You inconsiderate bunch of **** holes!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options

How?

He has a different perspective and one that’s honestly valid.

The only thing I’ve seen from you is snark and an obvious complex.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,190
    Options
    Upstatemax wrote: »

How?

I thought the same thing when I read Drew’s comment, I read back through and failed to see the issue. Seemed like relevant input to me.
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Wow! Send it now!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• Joey_V
    Options

Tried the Aperio, it was uncomfortable and I didn't find it to be that much better than the high end Stax. Nowhere like the HE1 imo.
  • Joey_V
    Options

How?

Yeah I didn’t get where the hate came from for Kex based on this thread either
  • Upstatemax
    Options
    In many ways, I get it.

You want what you want.

You have cash, and you’re ready to get it done.

But as mentioned, scarce objects are exactly that, scarce.

You might have to pour a good drink, take a deep breath and accept it’s not going to quick or maybe not on your terms.

It if it’s where your heart is, it’ll be worth it.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    In many ways, I get it.

You want what you want.

You might have to pour a good drink, take a deep breath and accept it’s not going to quick or maybe not on your terms.

Thx buddy
  • Upstatemax
    Options
    In many ways, I get it.

You want what you want.

Thx buddy

It's amazing when I'm at work, and using my giant monitor, and actually look at what I posted from my phone.

All the typos that are now obvious. :D
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,190
    edited January 23
    Options
    Every one of my cell phone posts is riddled with spelling and grammatical errors, the group probably thinks I’m a dumbass!
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    We don’t think about what we already know to be true…😂😂😂😇

• halen
    halen Posts: 677
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Every one of my cell phone posts is riddled with spelling and grammatical errors, the group probably thinks I’m a dumbass!

Haha. I was under the grammar police microscope here for years.

You know who you is. Lolol

Cheers,
    hALEN
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Autocorrect is the ****......
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Let's try that again

Autocorrect is the e n e m a........
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,064
    Options

I think they have 2 audiences for this.
    1. The excessively rich looking for a trophy.
    2. The audio nutcase aka fool.

I’m one of their two target audience - the crazy audio nutcase, not the rich one.

Honestly, I think it's this kind of contrived humbleness that irritates some on here.

You have more humble brags than anyone else on the forum, especially since verb is no longer here :D;) . You're rich. You've worked hard and you have nice things. Good for you. Especially since you've acquired your money in a profession where you're helping others on a daily basis. I respect you commend you, but coming on here asking opinions on what to do about the customer service you're experiencing while trying to purchase a pair of $70K headphones just seems like you want everyone to know you're contemplating getting $70K headphones. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just the way a lot of your posts come across to me.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    ar8b5kd4ong1.jpg

At least you can afford the water bill.

• Kex
    edited February 6
    Options
    WTF is this new angst about “humble bragging”?! 🤦‍♂️

It’s not hard to figure out what a doctor might make, and frankly, given what they have to pay for their education and how difficult their job can be, it’s not actually all that much and probably underpaid in some cases.

Is this some new form of cancel culture? 🤷‍♂️

Everyone makes choices in life. Nobody can afford everything. Some talk about their expensive speaker purchases. Some talk about expensive watches. Others mention how they “lost” $50,000 in a day in their portfolio (which makes it fairly obvious to within 5% what size their portfolio actually might be). And then there are those who “humble brag” about expensive(ish) car purchases.

Who da fook cares?! 🤔

At the end of the day, does it benefit the forum to see people mention their high end — or even ridiculous — purchases? Yes, it does. It creates excitement and interest in somewhat unattainable things that somebody has decided is important to them.

As for Verb, accusing him of humble bragging seems like a stretch. He has clearly worked very hard to get where he was before he retired. It’s not as if he was bragging about buying a yacht or a mansion somewhere.
    Post edited by Kex on
    Alea jacta est!
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    At least you can afford the water bill.

from what I hear water is cheap (Errr . . . less expensive) than most areas

We're in the Great Lakes region (SE Michigan to be precise), quarterly water bill is $66 clams . . . WOOT!

Also, this household is very water conservation conscience
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12