You’re doing it wrong…

Options

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,196
    Options
    uadhxjaf7ahm.jpg

Looks to be a model home. The driveway will be corrected when the builder closes out and offers the home for sale.

I actually think this is the new trend since most people never use their garages to park their cars. If you follow HGTV's home giveaways, they like to use the garage for extra entertainment space. Most people have it filled with all the crap they can't fit into their homes. This would be perfect, for those kind of people...just not for me. I have parked my vehicle in the garage almost every night that I've owned a house since my first home purchase in 2004.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,196
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Wait a minute, I just remembered I haven't liked black licorice since a horrible introduction to Sambuca.

This thread is great again.

You should have been properly introduced to Ouzo Metaxa instead of Sambuca...maybe you'd feel different :wink:
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options
    billbillw wrote: »
    uadhxjaf7ahm.jpg

Looks to be a model home. The driveway will be corrected when the builder closes out and offers the home for sale.

I actually think this is the new trend since most people never use their garages to park their cars. If you follow HGTV's home giveaways, they like to use the garage for extra entertainment space. Most people have it filled with all the crap they can't fit into their homes. This would be perfect, for those kind of people...just not for me. I have parked my vehicle in the garage almost every night that I've owned a house since my first home purchase in 2004.

I don't get it either. We live in a neighborhood where the smallest house is 1800sq ft to 5000sq ft. When walking the dog, it amazes me how many double and triple car garages are packed with junk. We always fit both of ours in the garage during the winter. Summer we leave one out so we can get access to the 6 bikes we have. During the winter I can even pull out my snowblower without moving the vehicles out. I don't get it...TV's and fridges in the garage? What's wrong with the 1000sq ft of space in the basement?
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    My neighbor across the street from me has the biggest house in the neighborhood. This includes a three car garage that he could easily fit 9 vehicles into (it is very deep).

He parks one car in that entire garage. The rest is filled to the brim with tools, shelves to hold tools, workbenches and more tools. He probably has 1M worth of tools in that garage.

Most of that garage is walking room only. But I will say this. It's not like he doesn't use it. He's out there everyday tinkering with something.

We park our cars in the garage and would not have it any other way.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    edited January 20
    Options
    I get it.

I have bikes, a work station, storage, kids crap and exercise equipment in my garage.

During a snow storm, I can make room for 1 car. Otherwise, they parked outside.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Hey. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes! :D

You'd really like Loudermilk.

Ok, so just to clarify, Loudermilk quote was all wrong. He said "Even a blind squirrel gets it right twice a day". That's two metaphor's morphed into one which makes NO sense.
    "Even a blind squirrel gets a nut" (mine)
    And
    "Even a broken clock is right twice a day" (Not mine)

So there! Ha! Obsessive compulsive need to correct done! Not sure why all the exclamation points! But ha!

Okay, putting away the Irish whiskey now...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    My bud's 2 car garage is chock full of audio gear while his and hers Lexus's sit outside. His wife never ever complains. Quite often the dining room table becomes his work table for audio gear; again she doesn't complain. Neither situation would work here.
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    Options
    Other than the Swiss Trax flooring, this is how I'd like my garage.8v401dcoh8yo.jpeg
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    That looks like an operating room. Where would you keep the bodies for the experiments you'll perform here?
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    I do enjoy a clean and organized workspace. Always have. When I was a kid, I couldn't concentrate on my homework if my room or desk was disorganized.

As an adult, I've had to learn to... ahem, make compromises.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    My bud's 2 car garage is chock full of audio gear while his and hers Lexus's sit outside. His wife never ever complains. Quite often the dining room table becomes his work table for audio gear; again she doesn't complain. Neither situation would work here.
    This year on Wife Swap...
    I disabled signatures.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    g04bojmwuz3q.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    Options
    ompodke60kgw.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    Options
    9mx8oddxjglm.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• msg
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    fway9u6c36o6.png

I wanna see what this guy jumped that caused the damage the first time. I bet he got mad at a lady driving too slow in a Range Rover on a two-way curvy, flew around her, forgot about the approaching rise in the road around the next bend, and went airborne.

Hypothetically.
    I disabled signatures.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Upstatemax wrote: »
    I get it.

I have bikes, a work station, storage, kids crap and exercise equipment in my garage.

During a snow storm, I can make room for 1 car. Otherwise, they parked outside.

My wife and I each have half of the garage. Unfortunately she parks her car in the middle
    half.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    Options
    That's 'cause she doesn't wanna deal with you yelling at her when she scrapes the sides.
    I disabled signatures.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,028
    Options
    That's 'cause she doesn't wanna deal with you yelling at her when she scrapes the sides.

That sounds like personal experience. I used to have a problem with GF scuffing my tires.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    Options
    If you know, you know…;-)

76u3a0oyfodr.jpeg

Seems that the underside of a typical 747 could swallow several of those tanks with room to spare.

5fbti3p92z2g.jpg

kigp5t9s0d2m.jpg

Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    ompodke60kgw.jpeg
    Did anyone really think a fiberglass body would support something like that?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,103
    Options
    Looks like aluminum casting to me.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    I wanna see what this guy jumped that caused the damage the first time. I bet he got mad at a lady driving too slow in a Range Rover on a two-way curvy, flew around her, forgot about the approaching rise in the road around the next bend, and went airborne.

Hypothetically.

Who the **** would drive like that on a public road? **** **** deserves everything he gets, I say.

Hell, take away his license and never get it back. Seriously what an **** clown.

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »

Hypothetically.

Who the **** would drive like that on a public road? **** **** deserves everything he gets, I say.

Hell, take away his license and never get it back. Seriously what an **** clown.

Okay just to clarify. That **** in RR deserved what she got.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    5ch4b0pf6622.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    edited January 22
    Options
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • daddyjt
    Options
    l0vce1rpmexk.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• SCompRacer
    Options
    96xqh20pj7l9.jpg
  • SCompRacer
    Options
    t6tk88rcsfdf.png
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    That should save on wax! :D:D
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,052
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    That should save on wax! :D:D

More durable than even a ceramic finish, I would think.
    B)