Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Options

Comments

• xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,084
    Options
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    CGTIII wrote: »

Pics didn't load, Good price though.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • engie490
    engie490 Posts: 426
    Options
    Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    I'm sure there's a local sheep farmer that's eyeing it.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,124
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I'm sure there's a local sheep farmer that's eyeing it.

When did Russ move to Colorado?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    That’s a deal that’s almost too good to be true. A bit off the beaten path tho
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 603
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »

I very good deal indeed. Although it might seem too good to be true, sometimes people, especially rich ones, don't mind nearly giving stuff away.

A few years ago I saw an ad for some LSI25's in mint condition for 75 dollars. I reached out to the seller and he informed me that the speakers were in a recently purchased home in Palm Springs. It was a two hour drive but the speakers were well worth the trip.

The seller insisted that I send him 35 dollars in order for him to hold the speakers for me until the weekend. I did so and a fellow coworker said that it was surely a scam . After all who would sell some speakers for such a low price especially in their condition.

When the weekend came I drove out to the Springs to pick up the speakers. I was greeted by a jovial older gentleman who informed me that had recently purchased the two million dollar home as his retirement residence. The home came with an audio system but apparently the new owner had different taste when it came to speakers so he practically gave them away to me.

Oh, he also included a Denon receiver a couple of power conditioners and some decent speaker cables.
  • engie490
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »

Agreed. If I were to try to chase this down, I would come up with an excuse to get more photos to confirm these exist. It shouldn't be that difficult for them to produce new photos if it's not a scam.
    Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,028
    Options
    SDA 1C Pair with I/C - $450 in Athens, GA. No affiliation.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/704784908408803
    416893266_10226465917886589_593608116245624518_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p720x720&_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=c42490&_nc_ohc=szI0aqzsQjAAX-3Ow8m&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=00_AfAZrjLs8r0lcQ6LG9Jvp8lQokB1__2WgCw7jR62I1-_RQ&oe=65A5D949
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • CGTIII
    Options
    SDA 2B Pair w/ IC - $300 (Niagara Falls) Near mint. No affiliation.
    https://buffalo.craigslist.org/ele/d/niagara-falls-polk-audio-sda-2b/7707185037.html
    01616_lVYfL0KgWCL_05O07K_1200x900.jpg

• alexanikin
    alexanikin Posts: 105
    edited January 14
    Options
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,850
    Options
    alexanikin, you cannot do that. Read the rules.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,625
    Options
    Keep posting, you’re almost there!

(He’s a good dude.)

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • alexanikin
    alexanikin Posts: 105
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    Keep posting, you’re almost there!

(He’s a good dude.)

Ty. It’s okay. They will find a new owner anyway.
  • CGTIII
    Options
    Polk Monitor 7s -1 bad mid driver - $75 (Irwin, PA) No affiliation.
    https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ele/d/irwin-vintage-polk-monitor-stereo/7707865152.html
    00V0V_2We2vQa1OUO_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• engie490
    Options
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,106
    edited January 26
    Options
    ^^^^ Either a SDA 1 or SDA 2

I'd check them out if I was close, they look nice for $100.00.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,721
    Options
    Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/JotuvGFTLGb
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,227
    Options
    Where t.f. is Haslet Texas? Lol. Actually 12 hours almost due west of me. What's up @xschop .
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,947
    Options
    WOW, Never seen damage like that on the passives, if the drivers are in full working order, I wouldn’t pay more then $500 for those.

hw61hvc15zek.jpeg
    mrw8o1f8rp85.jpeg
    e5lz7i82ya36.jpeg
    9hscoe1oyff3.jpeg
    k2w990nsroqf.jpeg
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    Options
    I contacted him a few days ago to let him know I’d be interested but not at that price since the passive is near impossible to get. He informed me they can be had on eBay for 30 dollars. He says the passive can be refoamed and it really doesn’t matter much.😳.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • xschop
    Options
    VSAT88 wrote: »
    Where t.f. is Haslet Texas? Lol. Actually 12 hours almost due west of me. What's up @xschop .

VSAT my friend, good to hear from you.
  • xschop
    edited January 30
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    WOW, Never seen damage like that on the passives, if the drivers are in full working order, I wouldn’t pay more then $500 for those.

hw61hvc15zek.jpeg
    mrw8o1f8rp85.jpeg
    e5lz7i82ya36.jpeg
    9hscoe1oyff3.jpeg
    k2w990nsroqf.jpeg

Those are an experiment in the making. They've already been halfway Power-Ported lol.
    $40 worth of Wuhan domes, $60 in Yellow Dragon caps, and $10 in driver basket foam...The quintessential "Baller-on-a-Budget" Monoliths right there.
    Post edited by xschop on
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    dkfreebird wrote: »
    I contacted him a few days ago to let him know I’d be interested but not at that price since the passive is near impossible to get. He informed me they can be had on eBay for 30 dollars. He says the passive can be refoamed and it really doesn’t matter much.😳.

Ask him to show you where one is available for $30.

I also wonder if there is some cabinet damage, more than where it is scratch, like is the mounting area cracked/split in that area. That was a hard hit, and what damage is done to the grill?

The dude is High AF at $1200.00
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,701
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    dkfreebird wrote: »

Ask him to show you where one is available for $30.

I also wonder if there is some cabinet damage, more than where it is scratch, like is the mounting area cracked/split in that area. That was a hard hit, and what damage is done to the grill?

The dude is High AF at $1200.00

It baffles me how these passive/aggressive walnutcases ask so much for damaged gear.

TL/DR
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    Looks like it was chewed on by rats.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,227
    Options
    Hey wait a minute I resemble that remark.
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    Options
    The picture on Facebook show the damage to the grill cover on that speaker. It is torn up on the bottom. I think he was thinking I was trying to get one over on him. I even told him I have a pair and know a lot about them.🤷‍♂️
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    He has them marked as SOLD!!
  • xschop
    Options
    Someone will need to drive the blind guy over to pick them up.