USPS WT*?!

Options

Comments

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Just crazy. St. Louis is 3 hours from us, not 3 days.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,067
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    Remarkable ...

3qwe904xbcyo.png

Is this your package from Marvin?
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    LOL....so true (in the sense of being FUBAR). I had a package get within 15 miles of me. Got a text, "Next day delivery". 2 weeks later and half way around the US (again)?

I finally got my package. It is what it is.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    .....and it wasn't from Marvin....LOL

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    LOL....so true (in the sense of being FUBAR). I had a package get within 15 miles of me. Got a text, "Next day delivery". 2 weeks later and half way around the US (again)?

I finally got my package. It is what it is.

Tom

Same thing here. I currently have an inbound package that's been shuttled back and forth to various LA area USPS facilities since Friday. It even made it to within 5 miles of my house and then went away again.

I ordered two items from REI. One went UPS the other USPS. The UPS one arrived, was the wrong item, REI initiated a new shipment, and the second shipment has arrived. All while this other one tours the SoCal area.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Remarkable ...

3qwe904xbcyo.png

Yes, it is.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    UPS has been rock solid for me since they mostly cut their residential business ties with Amazon a few years ago. FedEx used to be my go to for packages based on price but I haven't sent anything out with them for quite a while. It's been a long time since they delivered anything to me too. If I want to send a legal document I'll use FedEx overnight but that uses a different part of their delivery service.

USPS is what it always has been but appears to be circling the drain more in the last few years as a mail service. I may go an entire week without even getting mail delivery these days but their Amazon deliveries are almost always on time. That and junk mail seems to be their mission now. :#
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    I think I’ll stop in and see what, if any, additional light they can shed on this situation later today if the status doesn’t change.

Brian

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Start off like this: "Before we get started here, I'd like you to know that I work for the DMV, and I have each of your full names. Now, about my mail..."
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    PC is hung up in the Hazelwood, MO sorting facility. Was told, “They’ve been having some problems down there.” Well, duh. In an apparent attempt to make me feel better, he said, “Hopefully, it’ll show up by the end of the week.” Gee, thanks.

Brian

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    he said, “Hopefully, it’ll show up by the end of the week.” Gee, thanks.

In other words "Go away so I can lock the door behind you..."
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Remarkable ...

3qwe904xbcyo.png

Yes, it is.

I read the timeline backwards🤦‍♂️. I thought the package had made its way back to Ft. Worth.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Hey, could this be progress?! It's arrived at its third different facility in St. Louis! 😂😵‍💫😂

89dgwa3ayze5.png
    Brian

• bcwsrt
    Options
    Arrived in St. Louis ... yet again!

6okaxlte4ako.png
    I love the question at the bottom! Answer: Approximately zero! 😂

Stay tuned for the next chapter in this continuing saga ...

Brian

• Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    My package that toured multiple facilities in the greater LA area finally arrived yesterday. So I feel there is hope for you too.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    I appreciate that more than you know!

Brian

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,875
    Options
    Are there two different distribution and sorting centers? Looks like it's being bounced between the same two facilities.
    DATE TIME LOCATION STATUS
    Dec 7 10:50 AM St Louis MO Package Sorting Center Arrived at USPS regional destination facility
    Dec 6 2:29 PM Saint Louis MO Distribution Center Arrived at USPS regional destination facility
    Dec 5 12:00 AM In transit to next facility
    Dec 2 10:25 AM St Louis MO Package Sorting Center Arrived at USPS regional facility
    Dec 2 7:18 AM Saint Louis MO Network Distribution Center Departed USPS regional facility

I shipped a package once and it stopped showing no movement for almost a month. They sent me a check paying for it, a couple of weeks later it showed up and to this day it still shows no movement.

Think I repaid them? B)

I put both of our phone numbers on the address and a second sheet inside the box with addresses on it.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    There are definitely some nuances there. I’m not sure if it’s two, or three, different facilities it keeps going to/from. I’d drive down there and get it myself if I thought it wouldn’t finally be in a truck headed my way the day I decided to do that.

I think I’ll go back to the local PO tomorrow and see if I can elevate my concerns with someone who has some authority to call down there and ask what’s up. It’s beyond ridiculous at this point.

Brian

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,875
    Options
    I gathered all the paperwork on my end and was going to go to the post office, but don't know how much they can do from my end.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Agree. Appreciate that, but I’ll work it some more and see what happens.

I thought if the Snake River demo cables should make their way to me before this one does (imagine that! 😳) and then I actually do finally get it during that demo period to compare to, I would entertain the possibility of karma-ing this one to make the most of a funky situation for the betterment of the forum.

Said another way, it will all work out in the end!

Brian

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    It's worth going and complaining Marvin, it will get a call to check out just WTH is going on.
    Then again they could just give you the mouth music of it's the season relax 😁
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Bwahahaha!! "Mouth music!"

Brian

• PSOVLSK
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    I gathered all the paperwork on my end and was going to go to the post office, but don't know how much they can do from my end.

I can’t remember how it is with the USPS, but with UPS and Fed Ex, they generally are more helpful with the sender. I was told they will only discuss a shipment with the sender, but I found that to not exactly be true
  • msg
    Options
    Brian's package finally arrives...
    5yu4zaeu9dzk.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Got a more helpful clerk today. She said it looked like it left St. Louis shortly before 3am today (their scan history is more detailed than what shows online, which still looks the same as above). Said that could mean it’s going somewhere else, not here, though. lol She left a note with my phone number for the postmaster and said he would make some calls about it and follow-up with me either yet today or Monday.

Meanwhile, my UPS package that left NY on Tuesday is out for delivery at the moment. UPS FTW.

Post edited by bcwsrt on
    Brian

• msg
    Options
    Hey, what's your handwriting look like anyway?

Just asking. No particular reason.
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Haven’t heard from the local postmaster yet, but it appears things are looking up! Got a “Plan B” in place with Marvin, if not.

gz4nroopf33j.png
    Brian

• bcwsrt
    Options
    Well, better 8 days late than never. Another Sunday, non-Amazon delivery.

Thanks, Marvin! You can enjoy your Monday, now.

f0vsm33kji8d.png
    Brian

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Same same here.

Shipped on the 5th from Pennsylvania to Virginia, should take 3 days max.

g0vjrr0321ka.png
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Bless their hearts!

Brian