USPS WT*?!

Options
Two different packages, one inbound and one outbound, were supposed to be delivered on the same day (today), neither of which actually were. Can’t anyone do what they say they’re gonna anymore? Pathetic. 🤬🤬🤬

eocmahowmzit.png
uugh51sw7m2e.png
Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,055
    Options
    Definitrly the new normal.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    Usually
    Slow
    Probably
    Stolen

For years I refrained from mailing anything USPS from 2nd week of November thru New Years.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Was just an envelope that I mailed out, so it didn’t even occur to me to use FedEx or UPS. It was guaranteed delivery by 6:00 last night, though, so I guess I’ll be going back for a refund tomorrow. Hopefully there isn't some kind of fine print they pull out to get out of it. Grrr.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    Options
    One inbound and one outbound?
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    Options
    The USPS has been absolutely horrible the past 3-4 years. What used to take 2-3 days now takes 5-7 or even longer. I have one quarterly bill I pay that doesn't accept electronic bill pay from my bank account, so the bank mails a check. I have them mail it 7 days ahead of time (it's local). It took 19 days for that check to post........it was late of course. I will never use the USPS again for anything critical. That particular bill I will now physically pay on-line.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    That particular bill I will now physically pay on-line.

I know what you meant to say here but re-read that statement. I'd like to see how you literally do that. 😜

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • heiney9
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    That particular bill I will now physically pay on-line.

I know what you meant to say here but re-read that statement. I'd like to see how you literally do that. 😜

Tom

I think I meant I will handle it myself physically pushing the keys on my computer rather than auto-debit or bank pay..................it does read funny, I'm gonna leave it though. Just got my coffee for the morning :p
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    @bcwsrt, was this phase one or phase two of STP (Standard Tansport Protocol) ? For the benefit of everyone else, Brian and I have this system of sending empty test packages first before following up with the real ones.

In all seriousness, are you able to confirm they haven't delivered? I've noticed tracking info with all services sometimes isn't accurate.

Lost a rare record mailed to me last year, though, I think possibly due to missed system scan and mishandling, I guess. The Discogs seller was a shop, and he said all his others made it. Mine never changed from the "label created" status, or whatever it was. I agreed to give it an extra couple of weeks, and then he refunded. It was a shame, though.

We have a USPS affiliated employee or two on the forum who might be able to have some people slapped around.
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Well, there is No Swisscables Reference Power Cord box in my mailbox or on my porch (please do not interpret as me being upset with Marvin in any way, shape or form, Im not!) and the gent I sent a check to in NY hasn’t said he’s gotten any mail from me, so I have to believe the tracking is accurate.

Evidently, they deliver mail on Sunday in NY? I got a text update saying it’s out for delivery. B’tu rds still owe me $28, though.

Brian

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Package delivery on Sunday seems to happen in a lot of places.
    Tracking is a joke. Normally it shows my package delivered a
    full day before it shows up.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • bcwsrt
    edited December 2023
    Options
    NY package finally delivered 18 hours late.

Hopefully, the PC shows up with tomorrow's mail, unless it's enjoying its time in St. Louis.

Honestly, I shouldn't have singled out the USPS. They all suck these days, it seems.

Brian

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    15k8wnshhysp.jpg

our small post office on Fox Island is a mess. We missed a shipment yesterday too

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    PAF: How To Become A Curmudgeon In A Few Short Weeks
    I disabled signatures.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    I have three weeks until my retirement from the USPS. When I see this stuff,it makes me sick to my stomach.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    I have three weeks until my retirement from the USPS. When I see this stuff,it makes me sick to my stomach.

Hopefully they deliver your retirement on time...

😉
  • heiney9
    Options
    In Illinois the USPS only delivers Amazon packages on Sunday's, not regular mail. It may vary by state, I don't know.

H9
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    edited December 2023
    Options
    In Illinois the USPS only delivers Amazon packages on Sunday's, not regular mail. It may vary by state, I don't know.

H9
    As far as I know,that is a fact. Amazon is the only thing that gets delivered on Sunday in my region.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • heiney9
    Options
    Here's another scenario. I have everything sent to work so it's not sitting on my porch or out in the elements. I bought a single tube had it sent to work. We are open 8:30-5 M-F. We have are in a small business park and have one of those outside, locked mailboxes for communal use. There is a narrow lock box for letters and very small packages and the a large 15x15x12 locked cube for larger packages.

My tube package was tiny, would easily fit in either mailbox. Of course the delivery arrives the Friday after Thanksgiving.....we're always closed. They said business not open delivered tomorrow. Well the next day is Saturday, same thing "business closed, unable to deliver, will deliver next business day". I thought maybe they needed to come inside the business for some reason. But on Monday they left it in one of the locked mailboxes. Ummmmmmm, why couldn't they have left it in the locked mailbox on Friday? Seems very lazy to me.

H9
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    Maybe the Monday delivery guy was different and was also the first one to have common sense?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    Was just an envelope that I mailed out, so it didn’t even occur to me to use FedEx or UPS. It was guaranteed delivery by 6:00 last night, though, so I guess I’ll be going back for a refund tomorrow. Hopefully there isn't some kind of fine print they pull out to get out of it. Grrr.

I think only 24-hour deliveries are guaranteed. I had this happen with a 2-day shipment and was denied a refund.
    NY package finally delivered 18 hours late.

Hopefully, the PC shows up with tomorrow's mail, unless it's enjoying its time in St. Louis.

Honestly, I shouldn't have singled out the USPS. They all suck these days, it seems.

They delivered the PC to my house in error. Gave it a 24-hour burn-in; will ship it out tomorrow. 😉
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    “Money Back Guarantee”

roy9yx5dfkxn.jpeg
    Brian

• jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    “Money Back Guarantee”

roy9yx5dfkxn.jpeg

Lmk how it turns out. I even argued with the manager, but they denied me a refund. Bastages.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    For sure, I will. And ... I'll go out of my way to cost them 100x $28.75 if they wanna raise a stink about it.

Brian

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,067
    Options
    You should have no issues getting a refund on an Express package. The exception being a weather delay or some such.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Yep, no problem with the refund, although the clerk wasn't real confident on how to do it. Guess that means it doesn't happen often, which is good.

The PC is still MIA, evidently enjoying its newly found freedom somewhere within the USPS logistic network. I wonder if the USPS has adopted FedEx's routes, where it gets as close to me as Memphis, TN or St. Louis, MO and then heads to TX before finally arriving here in IL?!

@charley96 offered to let me have all my future purchases shipped to his house since he does not experience these issues. But, for that to work, he would probably also have to purchase the items and then sell them to me at arms length after they arrive, as any connection to me with the original transaction would surely condemn the shipment to delays, damage or other weirdness. 💩

Brian

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,067
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I used to own a shipping business so I’ve got a little bit of experience with the shipping industry. So for a Fed Ex overnight delivery in the Dallas area, the package goes to Memphis and then to its destination. So living in a Dallas suburb, if you send something overnight to someone in the same suburb, it’s going to Memphis before being delivered. That means if there is flooding, ice, etc in Memphis, the package will be late and there will be no refund even though the weather in Dallas was clear skies with a low of 50. As you would expect, people would not be happy when told they didn’t get a refund in this situation. Luckily it didn’t happen very often.

It was the same for UPS, but I think their major hub was in Atlanta.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,196
    Options
    FedEx used to be the gold standard, but since the pandemic, I have seen (for ground/home at least), terrible delays where it says out for delivery for multiple days, then each day, it comes back and says delivery exception, scheduled for next day or something. This happens probably every other time I get a delivery from FedEx.

USPS does occasionally seem to mishandle their packages. I see it happen probably in 2 out of every 10 packages on average. Sometimes it adds a day, sometimes, the package is lost for good, or shows up a month later! Yes, I ordered a remote control for my Pioneer SC last year. It made it to Atlanta area distribution, then fell off the radar. I kept it in my Informed Delivery and checked occasionally. 3 weeks later, it shows up near Maryland! It eventually made itself back to Atlanta and was delivered about a month after ordering. I had been refunded from the original seller, and re-ordered another one. I ended up with two of the same remote.

For some reason, United Parcel Smashers has pretty much always been on time for me, but dang, the boxes show up in bad shape sometimes.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Remarkable ...

3qwe904xbcyo.png
    Brian

• bcwsrt
    Options
    This one left NY today. Let's see which one gets here first ...

5l673j79p2tk.png
    Brian

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    My last two purchases from the west both took extra scenic routes through the east cost. Something about that St. Louis section both times went to Ohio. From Ohio one went to Chicago then past me to Champaign then back to me in the middle. The other went back to St. Louis then to Champaign then to my residence.