Options

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    The ultimate mini HT rig.
    l58oe0dlrxdo.png
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,103
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    The ultimate mini HT rig.
    l58oe0dlrxdo.png

These must come from those white micro-vans I see running around lately.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    hl0y9v6lw930.jpeg
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,052
    Options
    ^^^ Frosty the Aurochs?
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,135
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    ^^^ Frosty the Aurochs?

So somebody invented the camera in the 17th century and didn't let on?
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    9f7azp3sizj2.png

No affil. :/

From FB.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    p5svaizobwx6.png

Better than being on a smartphone all day!

• mhardy6647
    edited December 2023
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    ^^^ Frosty the Aurochs?

So somebody invented the camera in the 17th century and didn't let on?

Lost to the Little Ice Age, perhaps.

Actually, based on the horns, more like Frosty the Bison.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    She certainly likes her nicknacks.

It's a nicknack paddy whack, leave the frog alone
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    ^^^ Frosty the Aurochs?

NO......Ted Nugents great white buffalo
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Geoff4rfc
    edited December 2023
    Options
    46fewp3bwau7.jpg

05....hauling a s s down Portland's straight doing 175mph in the wet.....

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    ^^^ Maniacal!
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    kglb9vnvnqkx.png

Good ol' BUFF.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    Most B52 planes are older than the crew that flies them.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,480
    Options
    Good ol' BUFF.

Wildest data request I received in the 90's...stationed at Castle AFB and the BUFF's were slowly being sent to the big graveyard in the sky (AMARC-fondly known as the "boneyard") as their scheduled "retirement" from the inventory played out. A certain Iraqi leader was saber rattling and there was concern he had WMD's.

Turned out the last of the BUFF's w/other-than-conventional launch systems had made their way to the boneyard a few month's prior. I get this call..."Need you look at the table of allowances and give us the replacement cost for a B-52!!!!" Pre internet or on-line lookup capabilites I fired up the old microfiche reader, inserted the appropriate table and found the cost of a Buff.

Turned out once an aircraft is transferred to AMARC it's not as easy as saying, "We'd like that back, please." Different pots of money and it'd have to be "purchased" for return to active duty.

Rumor was heads were going to roll w/respect to whomever made the decision to retire those special mission jets before other's w/conventional capabilities. Fortunately, the "capabilities" were not needed.

Anywho, the decision to retire the BUFF fleet was reversed and, for a time, much of the B-1 budget was diverted to B-52 modernization. Still remember most of the tail numbers I analyzed were from the 1957-1959 production runs. I'd be at maintenance analysis conferences and the talk was of 100 year old 52's as a reality. The Starship pic you posted above, @mhardy6647, is some funny chit. Made my day!
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options

In the mid 1970's, I knew a man who was a former B-52 pilot. He was head of a insurance services company in Atlanta where the company that I worked had a consulting contract. He was also an opera singer. I'm pretty sure he is deceased now.

The female CEO of my company and I were invited to fly with him one afternoon in his personal plane over north Georgia to experience stunts. Inside rolls, outside rolls, and then some more.

I learned that day what people might do to secure business opportunities.

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2023
    Options

They're planning to keep them going for a full century after the first ones entered service -- which is nigh-on unimaginable. :)

EDIT: Just saw @JayCee's post -- very cool that you were a piece of that story. I am guessing cranking out a coupla new B-52s from scratch would be a bit pricey.
    James Earl Jones is getting too old to be in the crew, though. :(

t3zi4z3vvuv5.jpg
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    “Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.”
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    neither Vegas nor Dallas ;) -- what it was like at our house this morning.

53376650100_78b2d1c64c_b.jpg

Wet snow and temps near freezing, so it looked like the freaking Alps or something for a while today. :)
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    ^^^ some of those are hysterical.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,603
    Options
    bihmvb1sumeo.png

fda1lesp2afg.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,064
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    bihmvb1sumeo.png

fda1lesp2afg.jpeg

That stuff is hard to come by. Finally found a bottle about a month ago…last one on the shelf.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    eukj4eobyx84.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    v6pb5ht8z9jb.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    ydmi9nvve2dg.png
    The Sky-High Price Tag of the F-35’s High-Tech Helmet: Cost $400,000

Harry / Marietta GA