L.K.S. Digital DH-DA004 dac

Options
When I bought this here: https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/198572/l-k-s-digital-dh-da004-dac#latest , I knew that it might not stay in my system simply because I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted. I have contemplated a new integrated, @nooshinjohn Yamaha SACD player, new dac...pretty much anything was an option except for new speakers. Even after I bought this L.K.S., I had a Marantz 30n in my cart ready to buy and compare to the L.K.S., but I decided to sleep on it and changed my mind. I ended up finding a great deal on a Norma DS-1 CD player/dac that I couldn't pass up. It's a bit over budget for what I wanted to spend, but I'm hopeful that it's going to be worth it.

New pricing from what I posted in the original thread linked above:

If someone just wants the dac without the cable, I'll do $900 to your door CONUS insured.
With the cable, $930.

If you see anything you want in my "Cheap Cables" thread, let me know and I can probably throw it in the box for less than my asking price. https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/198594/cheap-cables#latest
Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,105
    Options
    Great piece of gear, especially at my asking price. These generally sell at closer to $950-1000. $900 shipped is a crazy good price.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    Bump for a great DAC at a great price.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,320
    Options
    This is a fantastic dac with a ton of inputs. I had one for a bit and it sounds great.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    July bump

$875 to your door CONUS. Only available to members with 100+ posts.
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    I’d consider trades for a good streamer.
  • erniejade
    Options
    People, this is a seriously good dac with lots of capabilities.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,967
    Options
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,882
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Here are the amazon customer reviews on this dac, great sounding dac.
    https://www.amazon.com/MH-DA004-ES9038pro-Flagship-Coaxial-Upgraded/product-reviews/B06XT1P3D
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    Thanks Marvin. Nothing is selling right now. I
    feel like it’s well worth my original asking price.

I can’t afford to give it away, but $850 to your door CONUS.
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    $800 to your door???

That’s an insane price for this piece. It gets praise from both Marvin and Brian, two members here who’s ears are generally very well respected.

• erniejade
    Options
    This unit really is built and sounds darn good.
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    $700 to your door for established members.
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    $600 and I won’t press charges for the theft you’re committing.
  • erniejade
    Options
    This thing is going to beat the snot out of anything in the ,2 k range. Crystal clear and pulls the details out of music. I am shocked it's still here.
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    Pre-Thanksgiving Day special.

$550 shipped for established members CONUS.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,006
    Options
    I'll take it! Mark it as sold.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • pearsall001
    Options
    I just sent you a PM
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    This looks to be sold, but I look forward to being asked if it’s still available in a couple of years🤣
  • marvda1
    Options
    @pearsall001 You will not be disappointed.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • pearsall001
    Options
    I'm looking forward to it!
  • marvda1
    Options
    we need a full review.
    Puritan PSM156
  • pearsall001
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    we need a full review.

Absolutely!
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    This unit is on its way to Jersey.
  • pearsall001
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    This unit is on its way to Jersey.

Can't wait 👍👍 Thanks for the quick shipping.
  • pearsall001
    Options
    The DAC made it safe & sound to Jersey. Superb packing, this would have survived a tsunami 🌊🌊
    Excellent transaction with Paul. Now to get her setup & give a listen.
  • PSOVLSK
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Glad it made it safely…always a little bit of fear no matter how well you pack it.

Enjoy and Thank You!

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.
  • smartie_panta
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    …always a little bit of fear no matter how well you pack it.

I always say the same thing!
  • marvda1
    Options
    @pearsall001 it's time for the review, I'm so Impatient :D
    Puritan PSM156
  • pearsall001
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    @pearsall001 it's time for the review, I'm so Impatient :D

Working on it... just getting over a bout with covid. Pretty much just like a bad cold. Not to worry, I hate to keep you guys waiting. 👍
  • marvda1
    Options
    Cure: eat a big steak and drink a half bottle of tequila. :p
    Puritan PSM156