Options

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,524
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »
    l9nkejaab41d.jpg

I had a pet Crow that I raised from a chick to an adult. After the first year he lived outside and flew free. Jesus christ they are African Gray Parrot smart! They can understand english and names. Fred (the crows name) knew the names of my kids, understood where he was not allowed to go ( public swimming pool ). He was a great friend for a number of years. Nothing like going outside and yelling his name and woof he comes swooping in to land on your arm or shoulder. Loved to play tricks on us, and would tease and play with our dog. If I'm ever lucky enought to get another you better believe I WILL.

I'd love to befriend some crows. I was surprised to read how intelligent they are. All kinds of crazy things. I think I read that they can pass knowledge along generations.

Raven vs Crow... there's some more reading.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,108
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »
    l9nkejaab41d.jpg

I had a pet Crow that I raised from a chick to an adult. After the first year he lived outside and flew free. Jesus christ they are African Gray Parrot smart! They can understand english and names. Fred (the crows name) knew the names of my kids, understood where he was not allowed to go ( public swimming pool ). He was a great friend for a number of years. Nothing like going outside and yelling his name and woof he comes swooping in to land on your arm or shoulder. Loved to play tricks on us, and would tease and play with our dog. If I'm ever lucky enought to get another you better believe I WILL.

I'd love to befriend some crows. I was surprised to read how intelligent they are. All kinds of crazy things. I think I read that they can pass knowledge along generations.

Raven vs Crow... there's some more reading.

We've got lots of crows in this area, and the number of ravens (historically a more southern species) is increasing steadily.
    The two species do not like each other. :|
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Tip of the centimeter to our friends @ hifihaven...

jut2p8hpugxo.png
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,715
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Tip of the centimeter to our friends @ hifihaven...

jut2p8hpugxo.png

1) Goo goo g'joob

2) Goo goo g'joob

3) Goo goo g'joob

4) Goo goo g'joob

5) Goo goo g'joob

6) Goo goo g'joob

7) Goo goo g'joob

8) Goo goo g'joob

9) Goo goo g'joob

10) Goo goo g'joob

11) Goo goo g'joob

12) Goo goo g'joob

13) Goo goo g'joob

14) Goo goo g'joob

15) Goo goo g'joob

16) Goo goo g'joob

17) Goo goo g'joob

18) Goo goo g'joob
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,637
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    We've got lots of crows in this area, and the number of ravens (historically a more southern species) is increasing steadily.
    The two species do not like each other. :|

Doc I've always known Ravens to be more northern.

Here is their habitat distribution I find.
    Common ravens can be found across the entire northern hemisphere. They range from the Arctic Circle all the way to Central America, Northern Africa, and much of Asia. They have been spotted at altitudes up to 20,000 ft. on Mount Everest. Different subspecies of these widespread birds are found as “residents” worldwide.

I've never seen any in central Illinois, or maybe I have and just didn't know it.

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,524
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    sgpfzipd05ps.png

Sent that to my friend in Nova Scotia - the other one - and he was dying laughing.

Also, divorced his wife on the spot. On suspicion of, in truth, being from Quebec. Or possibly America.
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,427
    Options
    Propaganda. It comes in many shapes and forms. This one is rather humorous though, eh?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,886
    Options
    Lol comes from Quebec or America... I laughed more at the Quebec part.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    ^^^^
    "Product sold by weight, not by volume. Product may not fill packaging due to shrinkage."

xffbdk9kzvyb.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2023
    Options
    oh... ahem.
    Where was I?

Oh, yes. A few weeks ago on Sunday morning at church, I happened to notice, down on the threshold, a small bit of hardware for the double doors leading into our "parish hall" (so to speak).
    njd9v5jnb0ym.jpg
    It's just gratifying to see a piece of hardware that delights in the simple joy of doing its job.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,862
    Options
    I'm thinking it was too bad they came down at all.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,137
    edited October 2023
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I'm thinking it was too bad they came down at all.

The should have aren’t the shortcut down. It’s only one step and a couple of tumbles to the bottom.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    tvxaxxje0q3o.jpeg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    fl9vvoo87ynr.jpeg

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    m5a91c3bkg9a.jpeg

• mhardy6647
    Options
    The good ol' days -- when folks dressed up to go to the old ball yard. Even to see the Yankees.
    53274575697_c9f16ccf9f_b.jpg1968 Frank Sinatra and Mia Farrow at Yankee Stadium by Vinnie DeVille, on Flickr
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,427
    Options
    29s2x0cv5qox.jpeg

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,630
    Options
    Son of a ...

I'll try again later after a few bourbons.

😂👍

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,388
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    29s2x0cv5qox.jpeg

Tom

Reminds me of physics. You can know the speed of a particle and you can know the the location of a particle but not at the same time!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable