Well hello there...

Options
Been (a very long) awhile since my last visit. Thought I'd stop by and see how y'all are doing. Still have my HT room in the garage and just now dusted off the 'ol turntable and getting her set back up for my garage rig. Finally have more free time on my hands to get back here...
If...
Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
Ron loves a film = don't even rent.

Comments

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,943
    edited September 2023
    Options
    😮

You still down in Huntington Beach or somewhere like that?

How’s your amazing back yard decor coming along?

This One

Alea jacta est!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,385
    Options
    Wow....blast from the past! Welcome back. We lost some of the old members during a software swap but most of us made it back in.

Good to see you again.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    Options
    Yo Ron
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    Options
    Hey, welcome back.
  • Willow
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    😮

This One

Blast from the past seeing that yard of his.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,080
    Options
    welcome back!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    Options
    😮

This One

Yes sir, still in HB. Sadly, the backyard decor is slowly coming down. My daughter is grown, married and in CO and that is where we will be heading in a few years so time to start the slow process of cleaning the place up so we can get it up for sale before we move.
    If...
  • Ron-P
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Wow....blast from the past! Welcome back. We lost some of the old members during a software swap but most of us made it back in.

Good to see you again.

Tom

Good to hear, it has been a long time. We have been super busy these last 5 years. Bought a cabin in Idyllwild, CA. Renovated it for 2+ years, sold it and bought a bigger one. That one just hit the market. No more cabins that's for sure. Filled up a lot, lot of our time...
    If...
  • Ron-P
    Options
    Thanks all, good to be back. This place was always a fun hangout with lots of great members!
    If...
  • Kex
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    Blast from the past seeing that yard of his.

It is quite epic! 😜
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    Options
    Ron-P wrote: »
    😮

This One

Yes sir, still in HB. Sadly, the backyard decor is slowly coming down. My daughter is grown, married and in CO and that is where we will be heading in a few years so time to start the slow process of cleaning the place up so we can get it up for sale before we move.

Hey, CO is a good place to live too! We have a mountain cabin up there. Not cute in the same way as Idyllwild, but the Rockies mountain vibe is awesome.

I would have thought the back yard decor was a selling point. It would be for me (as a buyer). Maybe your realtor thinks it’s too niche?

Alea jacta est!
  • Ron-P
    Options
    😮

This One

Hey, CO is a good place to live too! We have a mountain cabin up there. Not cute in the same way as Idyllwild, but the Rockies mountain vibe is awesome.

I would have thought the back yard decor was a selling point. It would be for me (as a buyer). Maybe your realtor thinks it’s too niche?

We don't have a realtor yet, not quite ready to sell, got a few more years. Our daughter is in Parker, the in-laws are in Aurora. We found a great little town called Larkspur where we want to buy. Houses sit on several acres and you cannot see much, if any, of your neighbors. So far, that is our top spot. We are going back in a few months to look around some more.
    If...
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    Options
    Welcome back
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    Options
    Nice to see you back Ron.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Great to see you back.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Willow
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Steve!! Where have you been? Hope you and Bev have been well.
  • seeclear
    seeclear Posts: 1,237
    Options
    😮

This One

We don't have a realtor yet, not quite ready to sell, got a few more years. Our daughter is in Parker, the in-laws are in Aurora. We found a great little town called Larkspur where we want to buy. Houses sit on several acres and you cannot see much, if any, of your neighbors. So far, that is our top spot. We are going back in a few months to look around some more.

Oh, that area around Palmer Lake and Larkspur is pretty, along route 105 west of the interstate. You picked a winner there!

"Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."