Another sad post

Options
Milito
Milito Posts: 1,914
We had to put our dog Marley down yesterday due to sudden health issues.
He was the best male Cocker we've had of the 3 we've owned.
He loved people, as everyone commented how lovable he was to them. However he could care less about other dogs as he never would play with them.
He was also a hunter and would go after any animal that came in our back yard. He caught a possum in our backyard one night and I had a very hard time getting him to let it go.
He also was very athletic, he jumped over the stone wall we had at our other house the first night we brought him home. He was a rescue found on the streets of Dallas and then turned over to Dallas Cocker Spaniel Rescue where we found him in September of 2016.
We will miss him so much. He is the 5th Cocker we've lost since we've been married.

cdx8xrt637xl.jpg
Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.

Comments

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Sorry to hear this. Our .last dog was a schnauzer named Scamp.
    He was found wandering in a highway median in Plano.
    He lived up to his name. Mischief was his main goal. He was
    almost human. He did this weird woo woo sound almost like
    He was Scooby-Doo trying to talk. There are videos out there
    Of schnauzers doing this. Oddly enough, we have a cat that acts
    almost like him now. He wandered into our yard one day 6 years
    Ago.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. What a handsome pup, please accept my condolences, I know you will miss him.
  • JCL
    JCL Posts: 111
    Options
    Sorry for your loss.
    L600 (front), R200 (rear), R200 (rear surround), L400 (center), Sunfire HRS-10 (2)Marantz AV7706Sunfire Cinema Grand, Marantz M8077, Music Hall Stealth, Ortofon bronze cartridge, Parasound Zphono XRM, Sony UBP-X800
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    My Condolances, handsome guy there. <3

My aunt bred champion Cocker Spaniels for decades. She had a few that went to the West Minster show. I remember a ton of trophies and ribbons, however I do not remember if any of hers had won the show.
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    Sorry for your loss.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    Tough loss. Cute dog.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    Good looking guy you had, RIP.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,051
    Options
    So sorry to read this. Condolences from the Hardys, as well.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,064
    Options
    Sorry to hear this Mike. He looks like a good buddy to watch TV with.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    Aww. Sorry for your loss.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    I'm sorry he had to go to Dog Heaven.

He does look like he was a "good boy" to have around. ;)

Man's best friends for sure.

Sorry. :'(
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear, Mike. What a fun and mischievous little fellow. Never enough time.
    I disabled signatures.
  • smartie_panta
    Options
    Sorry to hear it, Mike. Sounds like he was a wonderful companion.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options
    My condolences to you and your family on this loss.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    Condolences. It's always hard to loose a pet. They become our family
    Randy/Maine
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    So sorry for your loss, good looking dog. My very first dog as a young lad was a Cocker back in the late 1950's.
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    It's one of the hardest things to do. Condolences. :'(
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,347
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your pooch, Mike. That bites. He looks like a well cared for dog.

My condolences to you and yours.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Always so tuff to do…
    Sorry for the loss of a dear friend.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    It's always hard when a pet dies. Sorry for your loss
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Sorry for your loss of Marley.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    I’m so sorry for your loss. Prayers for comfort being sent.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    So sorry man. You gave him a GREAT life.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2