It's happening...

Options
ChrisD06
ChrisD06 Posts: 886
u1hr0ek6sk73.png

What, perhaps, is in this package?

Why, it's a CS1000p with the black front finish to match my RT3000p!

I will immediately send photos when I get this. It took 2.5 years to find a CS1000p! I thought the guy ghosted me, until I get a text out of the blue AFTER I spent all of my savings on a new computer with him apologizing for not responding and explaining that he's had a hectic summer and asking if I'm still interested. Insured the package and used PayPal so no worries here about it getting damaged/lost/me getting scammed.

I simply can't wait for it to arrive. I can wait to pay duties and customs fees though. Figured I'd make a post about it as I like sharing my home theater upgrades with people.

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    Options
    Cool man, pretty awesome center channel
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,976
    Options
    Polk goodness arrives in Norrie...good deal!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    UPS says it's out for delivery today, I've just been pacing around the main floor waiting for the CS1000p to arrive lol...

Maybe I should do something more productive with this time :joy:
  • ken brydson
    Options
    ChrisD06 wrote: »

Have you discovered your "special purpose" yet?
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    ChrisD06 wrote: »

Have you discovered your "special purpose" yet?

Nah, still have no clue what I'm going to do after highschool. I'd love to start a tech company and do electrical engineering but chances are I'm going to go to trade school and become a carpenter or electrician.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,574
    edited September 2023
    Options

Nah, still have no clue what I'm going to do after highschool. I'd love to start a tech company and do electrical engineering but chances are I'm going to go to trade school and become a carpenter or electrician.

Ask Jesse for some pointers yet?

--Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,478
    Options
    I will throw in my experience with the Cs1000p. It's a nice center channel speaker. Don't expect subs to be top of the line & adjust them with ease. Keep in mind it's age so be careful on the dial. I enjoy/ed mine even tho I haven't used it in years. I still prefer floor standing subwoofers over the Cs1000p. Be ready for a workout. It's heavy :)
    Randy/Maine
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,092
    Options
    Imo, a center channel subwoofer is more marketing then application...

Treat it as a powered woofer for low frequency augmentation of that channel and cross over at 60hz like any other speaker
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »

I mean... I'd be open to his input but I'm not gonna bother him with my problems lol.

I'm taking a gap year between HS and college/uni so I'll have time to figure it out. My biggest issue is I live in Canada and our PM is a moron and our economy is screwed, so I'm struggling on whether I should move to the US or not and how I'd even come up with the money for it. I'd also have no clue what jobs make enough to be middle class (so I can feed my Polk addiction)
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Imo, a center channel subwoofer is more marketing then application...

Treat it as a powered woofer for low frequency augmentation of that channel and cross over at 60hz like any other speaker

Not even lol, I only bought it because it's the matching center for my RT3000p.

I'd have just bought a CS400 (regular) because it handles low frequencies very well and the driver color and generation would match, but I ultimately decided to splurge for the CS1000p for novelty, I don't expect a performance difference, maybe male voices will sound a little deeper and projected (which is what the CS400i lacks).

Right now I'm just very anxious that the CS1000p could have been damaged in shipping lol. The guy packed it real well, and I have insurance through UPS and EasyShip (website I bought the label on), plus I paid through PayPal goods and services, so I'm completely covered. I could just get the claim and then use the money to repair the speaker but I really doubt it's damaged.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,478
    Options
    I had the cs400 cs400i the cs1000p will not disappoint on center channel. The only reason I changed out is the wife didn't much like the 2 massive floor subwoofers. Especially after 1 of her Chihuahuas came up missing. Found it shaking in the shower stall. Dumb a$$ me told her. Not happy. It wasn't even loud lol
    Randy/Maine
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,842
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »

I'm not a carpenter or an electrican.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ChrisD06
    Options
    Aaaand one of the MW7015 subwoofer magnets shifted....

It's not locked up but uh, time to make a shipping claim I guess 🥲
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    k0juwbh5bqh8.jpg

I mean... here she is!
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    Well now I'm just disappointed, I'm waiting to hear back from the seller on its condition compared to how I got it but he was a super honest guy and he obviously packaged it well enough to withstand a drop, so I think UPS might have thrown it around. I doubt he'd sell me a lemon if I could easily just get my money back through PayPal.

The amp works, that's what I think matter most, but I can't use the subs which are literally the feature of the CS1000p that I wanted because of the coil rub. I don't know how to feel... angry, sad, frustrated, happy I actually even have one???

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,092
    Options
    @xschop had successfully fixed magnet shift
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    Rob, I'm calling on you here man.

In other news I now know how to feel. I'm f***ng pissed. Will work on UPS insurance claim later today.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,623
    Options
    Good luck on that insurance claim!
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Good luck on that insurance claim!

Will need it, considering I've heard they like to do everything they can to not pay it.
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    OH MY GOD I FIXED THE DRIVER.

I had a suspicion maybe the magnet wasn't shifted and the basket was bent.

0voibfzerrs5.jpg
    ipo09z1g5w2c.jpg

So I placed it face down and used my hand to bend the magnet back and now it's completely fine and doesn't scratch AT ALL.

I'm still going to claim this tho lol (cosmetic damage too, tons)
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,721
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Change the thread title to "It's Not Happening" :D

Pull the sub driver and take some pics.
    If the frames are like the RTiA's, then the magnets don't shift, but the very flimsy frames can collapse from sudden impact, putting the coil out of alignment.

EDIT: guess you figured it out whilst I was typing. Hopefully it's happening again.

PS: crappiest frames I've ever seen.

Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,842
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I see zero cosmetic damage on the cabinet.

UPS requires a minimum of 2 inches of packing material (not peanuts or bubble wrap) on every side.

I see plenty of bubble wrap. Don't waste everyone's time filing a claim as it will be denied and rightfully so.

Edit: I do see broken grill pegs. You're not getting that covered.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ChrisD06
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I see zero cosmetic damage on the cabinet.

UPS requires a minimum of 2 inches of packing material (not peanuts or bubble wrap) on every side.

I see plenty of bubble wrap. Don't waste everyone's time filing a claim as it will be denied and rightfully so.

Edit: I do see broken grill pegs. You're not getting that covered.

I have photos of what it looked like before and what it looked like once I got it. It had 2 inches of extremely think foam and bubble wrap on each side.

Why wouldn't it be covered? Also I didn't send photos of the cosmetic damage but it's significant.
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    xschop wrote: »
    Change the thread title to "It's Not Happening" :D

Pull the sub driver and take some pics.
    If the frames are like the RTiA's, then the magnets don't shift, but the very flimsy frames can collapse from sudden impact, putting the coil out of alignment.

Tell me about it, I don't know if I can change thread names.

The 2 pics I sent above are of the driver. The other one has a rattle at loud volumes but I honestly can't be bothered to fix that one, no coil rub so I assume it's a wire or maybe spider separation?

It seems like the entire basket bent from an impact or something.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    In my experience, UPS will not pay out on a claim and allow you to keep the item. You will have to turn it over to them so keep that in mind.
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    In my experience, UPS will not pay out on a claim and allow you to keep the item. You will have to turn it over to them so keep that in mind.

Will do, thank you!
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,196
    Options
    That center looks pretty much perfect.
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    I think if I can't get anything out of a claim I'll just grab some wood epoxy and fix all of the corners and edges myself. Then I'll touch up with a black wood marker or something.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    IF you paid for the extra insurance AND your box meets their stringent standards, AND your packing material meets their stringent standards AND you've photographed the unopened box in 75 different angles AND you request a damage return ticket with the item in its exact original packed position for review by someone in their office who couldn't care less, you MAY someday get a payout. BUT they will keep it (And probably throw it in a huge dumpster) and you will never see it again.

Don't ask me how I know...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    IF you paid for the extra insurance AND your box meets their stringent standards, AND your packing material meets their stringent standards AND you've photographed the unopened box in 75 different angles AND you request a damage return ticket with the item in its exact original packed position for review by someone in their office who couldn't care less, you MAY someday get a payout. BUT they will keep it (And probably throw it in a huge dumpster) and you will never see it again.

Don't ask me how I know...

Oh... Thanks for letting me know that, I knew it'd be bad but not THAT bad.

I'll just go through Easyship instead of UPS, they use their own insurance provider. I'm honestly not too upset with the damage as it's like $30 to fix the cosmetic stuff, but the subwoofer drivers are concerning me as if one of them ends up shifting for some reason then I'd be SOL because of how rare they are.

I know the guy who sold me my CS1000p has a spare MW7015 so I might buy it just incase.

And I mean hey, it works right now, it sounds amazing, and it completes my setup. I suppose not all is bad.