Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    Ouch
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Talk about high torque.

"See, Albert? I told you that plastic wheel idea was stupid."
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    German engineering at it's finest.... B)
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    6nwadcafv8tr.jpeg

So my guess is the front u-joint (of the rear driveshaft) snapped, dropping the driveshaft to the ground where it speared into the pavement, snapping off the u-bolts holding the rear end and slamming it into the back half of the truck bed. Which due to the weight of the 5th wheel caused what you see here.

Learning lessons:
    1. Chinese u-joints are a no no
    2. Diesel performance tunes seem like a good idea until stock components fail due to the added stress.
    3. If you feel an unusual vibration STOP! You may not make it to the next town.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,519
    Options
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    Options
    So my guess is the front u-joint (of the rear driveshaft) snapped,

I mostly agree, but looking at the stuff behind the glare it seems the rear joint is the one that grenaded.

Advice listed is spot on
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Which due to the weight of the 5th wheel caused what you see here.

Only one problem with that theory. The 5th wheel trailer is sitting on jacks.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,519
    Options
    On jacks now, following the incident.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,028
    Options
    85iuqmcuzbgk.png
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • CGTIII
    Options
    r6ev8zvraq0s.png

• CGTIII
    Options
    3hlwikscov74.png

• CGTIII
    Options
    lxoobhstszz3.png

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Which due to the weight of the 5th wheel caused what you see here.

Only one problem with that theory. The 5th wheel trailer is sitting on jacks.

Tom

Unless this is post disaster and the trailer was put on blocks to get weight off the truck so they could get the mess out from under the trailer. That's when the picture was taken.

But, in all honesty, the 5th wheel hitch pin is probably more crooked than a Democrat now and they're going to have to cut it out of the hitch coupler.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    lkgl85udrpe6.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• treitz3
    Options
    ^^^ Now, that's hilarious. Good grief!

Today, we were preparing things for a demolition of the addition of a house. The addition was literally built on an existing deck (supported by 8 4x4's that used to support the deck). Anyhoo, this DIY special is coming down. But before it comes down, I made sure to get a shot of this brilliant framing job. This supports a roof that spans out 12' and is 14' across. LOL

wvhbbbhazvff.png

h64dsea6ts1n.jpg

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    ^^ It’s chit like that that makes us realize where building codes come from…
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Shooot nothing 6 drywall screws couldn't fix....😬😬
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Today, we were preparing things for a demolition of the addition of a house. The addition was literally built on an existing deck (supported by 8 4x4's that used to support the deck). Anyhoo, this DIY special is coming down. But before it comes down, I made sure to get a shot of this brilliant framing job. This supports a roof that spans out 12' and is 14' across. LOL
    7ezye6y2nfct.png

Tom
    Woh. Were all the joists like that, Tom?

Was that particular section coming down anyway, or only because you guys discovered it?
    That's sketchy AF. From what I can see it looks like it was kind of ledged there? and tearing back?
    gis0mq0e7jb1.png
    xr716ltoti9s.png

I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    Options
    It was all the way across! I see some crazy chit with what I do. Especially DIY stuff.

This one was an easy one to decide that the whole thing was to be demo'd. You could tell from about every aspect that this was a DIY addition....but I gotta hand it to whoever did it....it did look pretty decent, "on the inside"....at least when you first saw it.

In other words, when you were inside and first walked in? It didn't look too bad. Then you walked outside and it was laugh after laugh, after laugh. When we saw the crawlspace? We knew. That chit was coming down! LOL.

Tom
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,601
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Yep, home projects are fun! I had my cedar siding re-stained/painted last April. One of the guys doing it said, "Did you know there's a soft spot over here by the window?" Never knew anything was going on. No evidence on the inside, thank goodness.

I finally had some time to get into it this past month. Flashing stopped about 3 or 4 inches from the gutter, depositing any rain/ice/snow directly on and behind the siding. This is what was underneath.

Subfloor is even rotting, though not far enough into the home to worry about. Thank goodness I got to it when I did.

Told him I wanted to go ahead and replace all the siding on that (south) side of the house since it gets the most weather and was cracking in several places. Got all of it off and found probably 1/4 of that side of the house was not even wrapped. OMG. House was just thrown up in the haste of the housing boom in the early/mid-2000's and they figured it would outlast the original owner, I guess. Makes me wonder what the rest of it like.

Thankfully, I have the right guy on the job to fix the problems. Super-happy with how it's going, so far. I was thinking I might have to replace the window due to the rot, but he was able to save it.

First three are "before" and the last one is "after." Still got a ways to go, but at least the worst is over.

bzj7t54vchlb.jpeg
    i2qpafbpfnka.jpeg
    itsej9bwfgu6.jpeg
    egxfs3xjtbo2.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • treitz3
    Options
    I should tell you about the story of "the window"....LOL

48t8oq0nyjc5.png

Tom
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    edited September 2023
    Options
    You have to put butyl tape on the windows like this. (My carport addition I'm building). If it was for the house I'd have used tyvek wrap before putting on the siding.

41kknl6dnpwk.jpg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Yep! He went around it with ice and water shield. Of course, it’s the only one in the entire house that’s done that way now, though. Thankfully, this is not the Forever Home.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • charley96
    Options
    Dang Brian, sorry to hear that. It makes ya want to wring the neck of the builder, hope everything turns out ok.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Nothing lasts forever and haven’t really done much to the house other than landscaping (well, the roof due to hail damage) since we’ve been here, so it is what it is. Had the deck rebuilt the week before because it was rotting, too! Walkout garage door is next! Fun times!

l5ocbj9o23fm.jpeg
    ye210l41bhcd.jpeg
    Brian

• skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,005
    Options
    ^ Top shelf work right there.
    Nobody does work like that anymore. They just don’t give a ****! Hurry up, get the check & on to the next one.

Always blows me away when I ask them if that’s how they’d do if it were their house for their family to live in and most say… oh hell no.
    Then there’s always a few that say yea, not very confidently though…