Options
    They must be pygmies 😁
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,347
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    msg wrote: »
    engie490 wrote: »
    Not an inspiring sight when you're in a Mazda...

163f6t9e6fh3.jpg
    But an amusing one as you pass in a Tacoma B)>:)

Aww. That's cute you think a Tacoma can compete on trails with a Jeep. :D

Jeeps haven’t been Jeeps since the ‘70s…
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    Though I don't like what Fiat has done to the Jeep name when they took the helm in 2009 the Wrangler is still built quite well.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,295
    Options
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,108
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    Many Home Depots are the same way with a lot of items now. PIA!

Tom

My brother is a mgr. at a local HD. They've been locking up power tool cartons in cages for a couple of years. He said the thieves knew where the Li-Ion batteries were placed inside each product box. They would simply slice the box open and steal the expensive battery and leave the box untouched on the shelf. He said he's already seen one person with wire cutters trying to cut open the cage fencing. He said the cages have definitely limited losses for the stores.

His store is in a safe suburban area. Nowhere is safe anymore it seems. He has hundreds of theft stories.

He gets so very upset that he can't do much. Each store has a few specialized personnel that are the only ones allowed to apprehend a suspected thief. They must know they have taken something and they must be stopped within the building. So very much is still lost, it's just sad!

It has gotten bad. The other day, I had to pick up materials for a couple of houses. First locked cage? I went to the pro desk and had them announce that help was needed on isle "X". I waited 15 minutes.

Then, I looked on the HD app to look for attic stairs......wasted time tracking down 4 or 5 employees who didn't know where they were. Finally sent my employee back to the pro-desk to have them physically take them to the attic stairs because all HD associates had no clue where they were. Another wasted 20-25 minutes.

By the time I got to the electrical section to grab a 15' roll of Romex, I see that it's now locked up too.

This time, I didn't bother to track down an associate. I stood there, in the middle of the isle and literally yelled, "is their an associate in electrical?". Within a minute, someone came by and gave me the Romex.

Time is money and these damned criminals are wasting my time. I will no longer walk up to the desk. I will stand there in the isle and become my own personal broadcast system for the store. I know my voice is loud enough to hear from one side of the store to the other, so it is what it is.

I don't have all day to shop and I'll no longer be "polite" about it. I simply don't have the time, nor do I have the patience anymore.

At least they let me get a Red Bull (that story on another post) without paying for it first. I had a professional but very stern talk to them about that BS. They were hesitant but eventually made an exception when I told them my spending over the decades and why I should not be treated as a criminal. After our talk, they understood fully where I was coming from and agreed with me.

Tom

Tom, Sorry to hear about your struggles in the store. My brother that's been with The HD about 20 years is always telling me about the employee turnover. It's not that they're treated badly, it's the younger ones
    having no idea about any type of building materials etc. Many just do not want to work! The work can involve some heavy lifting but usually, not all day, every day. They had one employee, an old man in his eighties that outworked a lot of the young ones, He died recently. He's also had to warn several of the younger employees to "put your phone away" while working. He gives them maybe three warnings then
    they are let go. It's difficult to find workers all over right now. The Omaha MSA unemployment rate was projected to be 2.2% for May 2023, April's rate was 2.0 actual.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,090
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »

163f6t9e6fh3.jpg

Jeeps haven’t been Jeeps since the ‘70s…

ahem.
    Since when?

52210999822_e2cbe62528_b.jpg

;)

Meanwhile -- O. Henry would be so pleased...

1pbxryad0s37.png
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    9qt294k0ebcc.jpeg

I've got one of those in the basement!
  • mhardy6647
    edited July 2023
    Options
    dlvmjmc59fr3.png

Which is fine -- until someone whips out their viol de gamba. B)

uwtoy8mh7xlw.png

ouimjab0znri.png
  • aprazer402
    Options
    ^^^^ I had to Google that. Interesting. Thx.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,851
    Options
    Many years ago I had an experienced off roader, having seen my FJ40 Land Crusier, ask me if I knew the different between it and a CJ Jeep. I replied in the negative, so he says it's like this. Say they both cost $15,000. The FJ40 has $10k worth of engine/drive train and a $5k body. The CJ has a $5k engine/drive train and a $10k body. I could not find fault in his assessment.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• aprazer402
    Options
    xxzaavydk260.png

I wish Toyota still made a Land Cruiser or even the FJ Cruiser.

Not sure what this is going to be. \/ A Hybrid.

https://www.hotcars.com/hotcars-rostislav-prokop-new-toyota-fj-cruiser/#:~:text=The Toyota FJ Cruiser isn,could be under another name.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,627
    Options
    Absolutely gorgeous!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,659
    Options
    When I detail a car in the garage I listen to music

ya38487ueufh.jpg

So do my neighbors. It goes to 11 😂

0jifhhiy9111.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    edited July 2023
    Options
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    ^^^^ I had to Google that. Interesting. Thx.

In all seriousness, it's a marvelous sounding instrument, and not all that commonly seen/heard. We happen to know someone who plays one. :)
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Absolutely gorgeous!

I was so freaking tempted to buy that sucker last summer. The asking price didn't seem outrageous ($22k).
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    Options
    9qt294k0ebcc.jpeg

Makes me think of the demon child that used to live across the street from me. He hurled one of those at my dad's groin.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,154
    Options
    You may think you're cool but you'll never be cooler than Spock driving around The Bangles.

1rvdyfogg69e.png
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    The late Mr. Nimoy, born in (or near) Boston, narrated the remarkable IMAX demo film in the Mugar theater at the Boston Museum of Science -- seeing it, many years ago now, was my first IMAX experience. It's... remarkable. B)

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,126
    Options
    Fascinating....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,495
    Options

163f6t9e6fh3.jpg

Well, if we're talking about which can fall over on its side faster, you win :D

In all "seriousness", for as serious as this topic could be, which is to say, not very, I'm really only talking about the 80s Toyota 4wd Pickup on up through maybe the 2004 Tacoma. I have an 87 and an 02 Tacoma. I prefer the 87 for "duties" for a number of reasons, but the 02 is a better daily driver. I don't like its electronic 4wd engagement, though. It's slow. Give me manual hubs and two shifters any day.

To me, the 2004 Tacoma was the last year of the Toyota 4wd truck form, though some would argue it ended well before that, when the solid front axle went away.

Not to say I haven't seen some nicely built out "overlanders", as they're calling things these days, but it seems like there wouldn't be a lot of wheels-to-seat feedback in a lot of these newer vehicles. They seem plasticky and foofy, though I'm sure are more comfortable as dailies.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,953
    Options
    I still own my 14 Tacoma OffRoad and love it, it has got me through anything I’ve been in just fine. But I know what you’re saying..
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,626
    Options
    charley96 wrote: »
    9qt294k0ebcc.jpeg

Makes me think of the demon child that used to live across the street from me. He hurled one of those at my dad's groin.

And then what happened? 😳

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,347
    Options
    bcpct3iomdq5.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,627
    Options

ya38487ueufh.jpg

0jifhhiy9111.jpg

I tried like h3ll to buy one of those back in the day!
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,006
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    4o2paxk56jf3.jpeg

This is yet another prime example of the law protecting the criminals. This is illegal to do and the criminal has a right to sue you when they break bones (which they will) trying to hit your mailbox with a bat.

On the flip side, if you have a brick or concrete mailbox, no worries. But, as I understand it, in some jurisdictions, if a vehicle hits your brick mailbox with their vehicle, you assume responsibility for damage to the vehicle. Even though they hit a stationary object.

We live somewhat out in the country and have a mailbox on the other side of the road from the house. Luckily for us, I believe the mailbox we have has been standing since the home was built in 1982. It's an oversized, well built, custom looking mailbox that appears to have never been hit with a bat. That said, if I went through mailbox after mailbox living in an area where this kind of activity (sport for teens) was prevalent, I'd do the same thing as the photo depicts.

Damned the consequences and I would have zero empathy for the person who got hurt.

Tom
    It’s a fact Tom,the criminals are running the show.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,659
    edited July 2023
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

ya38487ueufh.jpg

0jifhhiy9111.jpg

I tried like h3ll to buy one of those back in the day!

I love it. Use it for music, amp for my electric drums, occasionally a guitar amp. They screwed up marketing it as a "gaming monitor". Hope it never dies.

Who says Polk never made speakers with horn tweeters🤣