Options

Comments

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    edited May 2023
    Options
    fo883k9o6dco.jpg

Alternative use for an indoor pool.

Wonder how a subwoofer would sound if placed in the tiled pool.

• newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 675
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Random auto shifters.
    mspk0y3zcqvd.jpg
    0mihl6wr5g0u.png
    c8vxmv36x6s7.jpg

Yes! I understand that the older shifters for automatic transmissions were configured this way, but that was because of mechanical linkage. It had to be that way. Now everything is electronic, so it no longer HAS to be that way.
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    They should have done this

flyny5m0bb77.png
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    newbie308 wrote: »
    Random auto shifters.
    mspk0y3zcqvd.jpg
    0mihl6wr5g0u.png
    c8vxmv36x6s7.jpg

Yes! I understand that the older shifters for automatic transmissions were configured this way, but that was because of mechanical linkage. It had to be that way. Now everything is electronic, so it no longer HAS to be that way.

You need help.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,601
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »

flyny5m0bb77.png

My dad had a push button 1959 Plymouth Sport Fury. Was still hanging around in ‘61 for the 300G, I see. Awesome.
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • newbie308
    Options
    @F1nut Actually, I think I am well beyond what help could do for me at this point. Nice observation though 👌
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • newbie308
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »

flyny5m0bb77.png

My dad had a push button 1959 Plymouth Sport Fury. Was still hanging around in ‘61 for the 300G, I see. Awesome.

My mom had a 1968 Plymouth Fury with the Hydromatic pushbutton shifter, but the buttons were arranged vertically in that car.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    @F1nut Actually, I think I am well beyond what help could do for me at this point. Nice observation though 👌

Fair enough.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    Why would Hyundai put the button for reverse towards the front of the car and the button for drive towards the rear? Seems counter intuitive to me.

cy5sgryr49su.jpg

You haven't been around much I take it.

I was in a friends ride the other day. Late model Honda and I was looking at the sound system. It's a screen that has all those apps for streaming. I felt kinda lost studying the thing. I'm so old school, the head unit in my 2003 Taco is a stock, one unit AM/FM radio, cassette and CD player rigged to it's stock 6 speaker system. It's old technology, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

On another note, and hope I'm not thread-jacking, I just added a bluetooth receiver to my main rig because Synology decided to no longer support WiFi dongles for their NAS systems. I can still stream via WiFi, but it left me limited when I could no longer use the dongle to shuffle all my flac files in a random order.

I was limited to only playing albums or small playlists. Having the bluetooth receiver gave me back the ability to shuffle all my audio files, but now I have to stream via my Galaxy Tab > the bt receive > my Cambridge 752BD using it's DAC, adding 2 more devices to the chain.

Sound quality is OK, streaming with the LDAC codec at 96k. Before Synology made their change on the WiFi dongles, I could stream at 192k using the Cambridge's DAC to upsample in this configuration. Also limited now to the tablets onscreen while streaming bt. Before, I had my 40" Sony Bravia to use as an onscreen display while streaming.

I dunno why Synology decided to lose the WiFi dongle function and there's no other workaround I could find other than a bluetooth receiver or something like a Wiim mini or pro which I also considered. If anyone here uses the Wiim pro streamer, I'm interested about your experience with it. I decided to go with a bt receiver since it cost less and setup was pretty easy.

Overall this turned out to be a satisfactory workaround. I have added abilities to stream music via other audio apps on my tablet now, but doubt I'll be using them much.

And to steer myself back on topic, here's an image of the new bluetooth receiver. It's a nifty little device that does what it's supposed to. It's impressive IMO for it's connectivity. You can go analog via 3.5mm pin jack to RCA or digital via toslink or coax. The coax output is what sold me on this unit plus it's LCD screen display. I got a promotional 14.00 bucks off on it, so I picked it up for 55.00 & change. The alternative contender, Wiim pro goes for 150.00 and the Wiim mini, 100.00.

A few years ago, the additional 100 bucks wouldn't have mattered too much, but in this economy today, Janey & I have to go with the lower cost options that are available to us. It's like going to the grocery store and buying sirloin over ribeye. We're living within our means and remaining grateful for God's grace.

qhcwg4kprgi9.jpg

• skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,002
    Options
    ^ Is that a Super Snake?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    ^ Is that a Super Snake?

Gladiator responds: "Well, thank you very much."
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,464
    edited May 2023
    Options
    KARMA!
    Anyone want this Bear Claw? Good condition, only one bite missing. This photo's from Monday. Today's Thursday.

If no one else has eaten it yet, I'll get it for you.

Yours free for cost of shipping, and I only use FedEx.

Sorry, no OE packaging (previous owner threw away), but will be double boxed and insured. I pack good. Check my feedback!

Limited to forum members in good standing, minimum 100 MEANINGFUL posts.

Edit: For provenance - this is at the exit of The Founders Inn next to CBN. Word is, this was chucked from Pat R's vehicle just before the light turned green.
    1j5shkt9kg1i.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    I dunno… is it made from real bears or is it one of those Beyond Bear substitutes?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    DOT approved???
    Asking for a friend
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    @msg, I'm actually more than a little concerned that you have my address. I was once mailed tacos from someone I know in Joplin, MO. So, this hits a little too close to home. Thankfully, none of my posts have been meaningful. Whew!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,341
    Options
    Tread lightly. Ron knows how to deliver 324 pizzas to your address , along with a blow up doll....all charged to your CC.

If you don't pay up? Tony will start to break out the concrete....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Kinda looks like they're on a carnival ride, right after winning a stuffed animal at the ring toss.
    Viking64 wrote: »
    2u2pfh4ffu4l.jpg

Brian

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    an evening trifecta from those humourous souls @ ASR :)

z68o3nuz0n2w.png

rjb4gcazlk3h.png

b0allshuud35.png
  • Viking64
    Options
    Kinda looks like they're on a carnival ride, right after winning a stuffed animal at the ring toss.

I bet one could smell the fried dough from a mile away.
  • txcoastal1
    edited May 2023
    Options

I bet one could smell the fried dough from a mile away.

That sausage on a stick wrapped in bacon with XXL Diet Coke will grab you by the boo-boo
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• txcoastal1
    Options
    Next stop….Waffle House!!

Yeah there’s a million memes with that one

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    vhbec9c3raec.jpg
    vvmjf9rjdzoz.jpg
    clsg1xguo2sw.jpg
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    2u2pfh4ffu4l.jpg

I saw these two at Walmart 5 or 6 days ago. I know it's them because they were wearing the same clothes. ;)
  • Viking64
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »

I saw these two at Walmart 5 or 6 days ago. I know it's them because they were wearing the same clothes. ;)
    If they bought their clothes by the square yard, they would go bankrupt.