Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    5rllxuwdx0pv.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    dqjt8dp03896.png

You hear a name all your life and then you find out it really did exist.

I'd like to doodle her bug, if you know what I mean!

You do realize she is probably a corpse by now….
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,065
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    dqjt8dp03896.png

You hear a name all your life and then you find out it really did exist.

I'd like to doodle her bug, if you know what I mean!

You do realize she is probably a corpse by now….

6z2zoy4754oo.gif
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,065
    Options
    engie490 wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    t4wpewreas19.png

Very timely...just got a new assessment and it went up over 40%.

I’ve got two acres that’s connected to my land, but has a separate appraisal. Just land, no roadway access, no nothing. Previous appraisal was $9800, this year’s is $39,000. Crazy.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Ouch
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    That's F'd up.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    dubyateeeffmate. how is this even legal. cost of living definitely outpacing compensation, I'm sure.
    I feel like higher appraisals are fine, but for sellers and new buyers only - like the people flocking in with loads of CA money to buy cheaper TX property. owners shouldn't be taxed on increases like this. it's ridiculous. isn't this how people end up losing homes and property?
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    engie490 wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    t4wpewreas19.png
    Very timely...just got a new assessment and it went up over 40%.
    I’ve got two acres that’s connected to my land, but has a separate appraisal. Just land, no roadway access, no nothing. Previous appraisal was $9800, this year’s is $39,000. Crazy.

I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
    Appraisals can be appealed, AFAIK.
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    That's funny. I took an overnight breathing test and felt exactly like that!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options
    Not to mention the playdough like substance they put on my scalp for the pods to stick.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    County property tax up 40%. Good news is I no longer
    Pay city tax. I do pay my own garbage and fire fees.
    I'm still coming out ahead.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    ^^^ why I’ve never done a sleep test … even though I know I need to. I doubt I could sleep with a CPAP anyway, though I admit those that have them seem to love them. What’s the deal with that new implant thingie they have now? That seems like it might be the way to go.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,136
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    ^^^ why I’ve never done a sleep test … even though I know I need to. I doubt I could sleep with a CPAP anyway, though I admit those that have them seem to love them. What’s the deal with that new implant thingie they have now? That seems like it might be the way to go.

As far as I know the Borg implant thingy only works for milder cases of sleep apnea, so it depends on the individual case. I have to use a bipap machine with as much pressure as it would take to inflate the Hindenburg, so the implant thingy no workie for me.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
    speaking of sleep disorders -- this is a subject that I know next to nothing about, but there was (at least from my neophyte perspective) a good discussion of the topic(s) on the NPR news-ish program "1A" today.
    https://the1a.org/segments/in-good-health-living-with-sleep-disorders/

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Is that up, down or upside down? whatever it is, I just fell off my chair.
    And broke my leg.
    daddyjt wrote: »
    3fyoy7hoxs8s.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,136
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    speaking of sleep disorders -- this is a subject that I know next to nothing about, but there was (at least from my neophyte perspective) a good discussion of the topic(s) on the NPR news-ish program "1A" today.
    https://the1a.org/segments/in-good-health-living-with-sleep-disorders/

I listened to some of this podcast, but then it sent me to sleep. I think I have selective narcolepsy. Please send ritalin.

https://youtu.be/Krai4q0iu7U
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 675
    Options
    Why would Hyundai put the button for reverse towards the front of the car and the button for drive towards the rear? Seems counter intuitive to me.

cy5sgryr49su.jpg
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Because if you looked at most classic automatic floor shifters,
    that's how they are laid out.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    newbie308 wrote: »
    Why would Hyundai put the button for reverse towards the front of the car and the button for drive towards the rear? Seems counter intuitive to me.

cy5sgryr49su.jpg
    The old PRNDL….
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    newbie308 wrote: »

cy5sgryr49su.jpg

You haven't been around much I take it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I think it's dumb
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    Random auto shifters.
    mspk0y3zcqvd.jpg
    0mihl6wr5g0u.png
    c8vxmv36x6s7.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bcwsrt
    Options
    ezlnizixuyoo.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    oofghcchwigq.jpeg
    Brian

• bcwsrt
    Options
    qg87tztf4sbi.jpeg
    Brian

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I saw a diecast model of that Barracuda last week. :p

k5az33ccv28p.jpg