Best integrated amplifier for Polk Audio L800? Thank you for the help!

2»

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    Said another way, you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

As was originally pointed out, as most of y'all know, by the United States' sixteenth president.

• Mac 7200 with their powerful transformers , Autoformers ! Pretty powerful receiver. Rated to 2ohm. Might be worth a shot. I beleive Music Direct has 60 day tryout :)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Firstly, the Musical Fidelity M8xi you recommended is a diffrential output amp
    No, it's a single ended design that offers balanced inputs/outputs.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 990
    Jarod8888 wrote: »
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    While I'm not an officially recognized Polk recommended expert I'll list three...

Coda CSiB V3
    Rowland Continuum S2
    Krell s550i

Also what F1 recommended above...

Thanks for the help.

You’re welcome.

Don’t know if you’re still in the market for one of those integrated’s but if you are…
    Krell FBI, if you can find one for sale.

That’s one I’d possibly sell my WOPL’s for 😬
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    Jarod8888 wrote: »
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Oh, now I remember this is the member who had a problem a few months ago with his microphone and measuring the speakers rather than listening to them.

I thought the bass performance of my L800 was not right, one reason was it measured not good.
    Another reason was L800's bass was so weak compare to Willson Audio Sasha DAW.

I listened to my speakers, and I wanted to buy a better amp to improve the performance of L800.
    But after someone banned my account, I simply went to store and upgraded to Willson Audio Sasha DAW.

Let me get this straight. You wanted a recommendation for a new amp but due to getting banned here you bought Wilson’s? That doesn’t seem logical or plausible to anyone.

The amps you were using before weren’t all that great and from the pictures you posted didn’t have room treatments and heck you even admitted your mic wasn’t working. But no by all means, it’s because someone was mean to you on the internet you went and dropped big money on some Wilson’s. Are you 12? Seriously this has to be the dumbest thing I’ve seen in awhile.

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,527
    But, also, the funniest!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    You're all just a bunch of meanies! You should be ashamed of yourselves! Please don't ban me...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    edited March 2023
    audioluvr wrote: »
    You're all just a bunch of meanies! You should be ashamed of yourselves! Please don't ban me...
    bwp999t4kr3x.jpg
    I disabled signatures.