Advice on switching up my streaming setup.

2»

Comments

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    The North Star Design Supremo DAC is head and shoulders above its price point…

I recommend you consider upgrading to Supremo… Of which, I have two different chassis options

I reckon, I’m the only one in the world that has this available in 120 V USA option

PM If inn-arrested.... lol

AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    I’m interested. I PMed you.
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • stangman67
    I’m really looking at the Denafrips Pontus II as well. All the ANK Dacs are simply too large to fit my rack, I’m tapped out especially if I’m gonna keep the 851N in the mix for awhile.

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Pontus II gets my vote. You can compare it to your delta-sigmas, and it will give you a fresh taste re: how analog-like digital can sound.

Since you like the 851N, I would hang onto it. It has a nice display, plenty of connections, and a proper power supply.

Good luck!
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Go on amazon and pick up the Gustard r26. With Amazon return policy, you can try it out and if you don't like it, return it.

What cable would you use between the Cambridge and whatever dac you pick up?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • stangman67
    erniejade wrote: »
    Go on amazon and pick up the Gustard r26. With Amazon return policy, you can try it out and if you don't like it, return it.

What cable would you use between the Cambridge and whatever dac you pick up?

Right now I have an Audience Ohno coax from the 851N to the Intenso. Would probably just start with that