Will the csi-a6 work with my setup

737 Posts: 8
I have a Denon AVRX 3100 W receiver. My front speakers are the Polk T 50s I have a kliptch sub 10, my side and rear speakers are Polk FX 1–a4’s, My question is will the CSIa6 center channel speaker complement my set up.

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    It's a fine center, but not a timbre match to your T50's.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

So should i look for a different center channel speaker? Or different front speakers? What would work, or match with my a4’s as i like the looks and sounds of them? Thank you for your comments
  • F1nut
    edited January 2023
    If you can find a pair of RTiA5, A7 or A9 I would go that route. Any of those would be a perfect match to the CSiA6 and a major step up from the T50.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

edited January 2023
    How about monitor 70 series 2, or rti10’s and would these all work well with my fx1-a4’s ???
    Thank you
    Post edited by 737 on
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,116
    edited January 2023
    737 wrote: »
    How about monitor 70 series 2, or rti10’s and would these all work well with my fx1-a4’s ???
    Thank you

I had the M70's SII for quite a while and sounded best with a ton of power behind them, IMO. The RTi10's are comparable to the A7s would also, IMO, be a step up from the M70's. I would think the CSiA6 and the RTi10's would be a great choice. Also, the FXiA4 is the bi/di pole speaker, right? And yes, all of the above would work well, I've used the FXiA6 with the M70's and the A9's.
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
    I found a pair of the RTI-A7 and those paired with the csi-A6 and the fx1-A4’s work fantastic together!!! Thanks for all the advice
  • F1nut
    There ya go

President of Club Polk

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I found a pair of the RTI-A7 and those paired with the csi-A6 and the fx1-A4’s work fantastic together!!! Thanks for all the advice

Bet that’s a banging HT setup. Congrats! Got a sub in the mix? That would definitely take it to the next level!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
    Yes have a polk 8 inch sub and a kliptch sub10
  • F1nut
    edited January 2023
    Time to step up the sub game. Dump those and get one SVS SB4000.

President of Club Polk

• rooftop59
    Yes have a polk 8 inch sub and a kliptch sub10

Heck even on SVS PB1000 would up your game considerably… believe me, been there, done that…but if you’re loving what you have then rock on!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    My current setup is a pair of the RTI-A7 and those paired with the csi-A6 and the fx1-A4’s work fantastic together!!! I have two subs a polk 8 inch and a kliptch sub12, going to sell the polk 8 inch sub and look for another! My question is what other subs would pair well with my current setup?
    Thanks for any advice
  • F1nut
    edited January 2023
    I just told you, sell both subs and get a single SVS SB4000. It'll easily outperform your current subs.

President of Club Polk

Thats just out of my price range, what are your thoughts on a kliptch RW-12 as my second sub
  • rooftop59
    Thats just out of my price range, what are your thoughts on a kliptch RW-12 as my second sub

Not a great sub. Like I said, even a SVS PB1000 will be a big upgrade over both your subs combined…
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • rebelsoul
    rebelsoul Posts: 747
    F1nut wrote: »
    Time to step up the sub game. Dump those and get one SVS SB4000.

Second that svs sb 4000. It is in a whole other level . I had 2 Polk 10 subs at one time and 2 Klipsch 12 inch subs another time and 1 svs sb 4000 blew them away by so much that Polk and Klipsch shouldn't be able to call them subs.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    If you know anything about SVS, all their Subs are damn good. You should buy the correct size sub or subs to match the size of your room.
    The 4000 isn't better than the 1000, it has more output and IF needed works better in larger rooms. But if you have a small room, the 1000 series is the way to go. Followed by 2000 3000 etc.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Not a great sub. Like I said, even a SVS PB1000 will be a big upgrade over both your subs combined…

Keep an eye on the SVS outlet store. Currently a SB1000 for $499 or a PB2000 for $599. I own the PB2000 and absolutely love it...

https://www.svsound.com/collections/outlet-specials/outlet-subwoofer
  • rebelsoul
    rebelsoul Posts: 747
    mantis wrote: »
    If you know anything about SVS, all their Subs are damn good. You should buy the correct size sub or subs to match the size of your room.
    The 4000 isn't better than the 1000, it has more output and IF needed works better in larger rooms. But if you have a small room, the 1000 series is the way to go. Followed by 2000 3000 etc.

I have a 18x14.5 room and the svs was amazing and blended very well with my legacy signature bookselfs
  • F1nut
    edited January 2023
    Among other things there are significant differences between the SVS drivers.
    The SB1000 Pro
    9lgbt9gosloi.jpeg

The SB3000
    zqe615qssath.jpeg

The SB4000
    9kwx2frnaq3a.jpg

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    For comparison this is the state of the art Velodyne servo controlled driver.
    m73xv45xyl0q.jpeg

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    This is Rythmik's servo controlled driver.
    5fj470awps96.png

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    The Klipsch RW driver
    8wmdeuwdbyb1.jpeg

President of Club Polk

Thank you for all the input
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Well done, Jesse.