Weather at Your House?

Comments

• Bahahaaaaa…..
    We had 65 mph winds and gusts in the 80’s Saturday.
    It was 3° this morning.
    Just another day @ elevation.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Not to dismiss what happened to Florida a couple of weeks ago but this is a list of resorts and buildings that have been deemed unsafe from a relatively mild hurricane that just breezed on through...

One would think the destruction wouldn't have been that bad. Think again.

Coastal buildings declared unsafe
    County and municipal building inspectors have declared 24 hotels and condos to be unsafe and have ordered their evacuation:
    Sanibel Condo, 3799 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (11 stories)
    Flamingo Inn, 2011 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (three stories)
    Castaways Beach Resort, 2043 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (seven stories)
    OPUS Condo, 2071 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (11 stories)
    Towers Grande, 2055 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (15 stories)
    Hawaiian Inn, 2301 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (five stories)
    Ocean Court, 2315 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (two stories)
    Sand and Surf, 2535 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (two stories)
    Sherwin Condo, 2555 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (19 stories)
    St. Kitts Condominium, 2855 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (six stories)
    Tropic Shores Resort, 3111 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (11 stories)
    South Shore Motel, 3225 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (three stories)
    Holiday Inn Express, 3301 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (11 stories)
    Twin Towers North, 3311 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (18 stories)
    Twin Towers South, 3315 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (18 stories)
    Grande Coquina Condo, 3333 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (22 stories)
    Marabella Condo, 3343 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (seven stories)
    Pirate’s Cove, 3501 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (seven stories)
    White Surf Condo, 3555 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (seven stories)
    Curran Shores North, 3615 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (two stories)
    Sunglow Resort, 3647 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (10 stories)
    Dimucci Tower 14, 3797 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (seven stories)
    Sea Coast Gardens II Condominiums, 4151 S. Atlantic Ave., New Smyrna Beach (five stories)

The two easterly oceanfront buildings of Las Brisas Condominiums, 3001 S. Atlantic Ave. (three stories)

Additionally, at least 25 single-family homes in Wilbur-by-the-Sea were evacuated after being declared structurally unsafe.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Catastrophic damage. :o
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 990
    edited November 2022
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Not to dismiss what happened to Florida a couple of weeks ago but this is a list of resorts and buildings that have been deemed unsafe from a relatively mild hurricane that just breezed on through...

One would think the destruction wouldn't have been that bad. Think again.

Coastal buildings declared unsafe
    County and municipal building inspectors have declared 24 hotels and condos to be unsafe and have ordered their evacuation:
    Sanibel Condo, 3799 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (11 stories)
    Flamingo Inn, 2011 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (three stories)
    Castaways Beach Resort, 2043 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (seven stories)
    OPUS Condo, 2071 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (11 stories)
    Towers Grande, 2055 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (15 stories)
    Hawaiian Inn, 2301 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (five stories)
    Ocean Court, 2315 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (two stories)
    Sand and Surf, 2535 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (two stories)
    Sherwin Condo, 2555 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (19 stories)
    St. Kitts Condominium, 2855 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (six stories)
    Tropic Shores Resort, 3111 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (11 stories)
    South Shore Motel, 3225 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (three stories)
    Holiday Inn Express, 3301 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (11 stories)
    Twin Towers North, 3311 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (18 stories)
    Twin Towers South, 3315 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (18 stories)
    Grande Coquina Condo, 3333 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (22 stories)
    Marabella Condo, 3343 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (seven stories)
    Pirate’s Cove, 3501 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (seven stories)
    White Surf Condo, 3555 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (seven stories)
    Curran Shores North, 3615 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (two stories)
    Sunglow Resort, 3647 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (10 stories)
    Dimucci Tower 14, 3797 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores (seven stories)
    Sea Coast Gardens II Condominiums, 4151 S. Atlantic Ave., New Smyrna Beach (five stories)

The two easterly oceanfront buildings of Las Brisas Condominiums, 3001 S. Atlantic Ave. (three stories)

Additionally, at least 25 single-family homes in Wilbur-by-the-Sea were evacuated after being declared structurally unsafe.

Tom

Talked with my brother and they had debris to clean up. He's about 45 miles south of Daytona.

Wife and I left FL in 1995.
    The last Hurricane I worked was Andrew... I still have a lot of pics of the restoration.
    Was mind boggling to see what a cat 5 is capable of.
    Miami Metro's weather collection area we worked had recorded gusts over 200. Thoughts were there may have been a couple tornadoes within Andrew, there was no confirmation of that. But, we did see where all their instruments to measure were blown away from those higher gusts.

One thing that amazed us was how everyone comes together in situations of disaster.
    Keeps your head in the game that there's some humanity left.....
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    edited November 2022
    Worse yet once deemed unsafe NO ONE goes in..all of your belongings remain in place until such time the building is deemed safe..which might be never for a lot of these buildings....amazing to see a pool and patio being held up by a few reinforcing rods....the drone footage of these areas is eye opening...and this was just a Cat1 storm....back story these same beaches had been getting walloped daily by record tides for 4/5 days before Nicole hit and before that we had Ian which was the one that put most of these homes on the edge....a lot of the home owners had applied for permits to fix their sea walls, problem was the permits were never issued because there wasnt time to process them.home owners did their thing to file quickly...county and state no so good :( We are in Titusville and got a good hit..neighbors weather station blew off his roof during a 85 mph gust....dont think he found it yet...
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I literally just watched the drone footage about 30 minutes ago. Beach? Yeah, it's beach front.....20 feet down now though. Literally "down", as in straight down.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2022/11/11/watch-drone-shows-wreckage-of-florida-beachfront-homes-ruined-by-nicole/

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • NotaSuv
    The amount of sand returned to the sea is beyond AMAZING the video is worth the watch as this was only a Cat 1 ;)
  • Photo taken at Buffalo, NY.

r4fjiczqk1kk.png
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    And that's the answer to why I live in florida.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    Photo taken at Buffalo, NY.

r4fjiczqk1kk.png

I couldn't fathom the weight of snow on the vehicle. That guys snowblower is vastly too small🤔
  • pitdogg2
    Yea surf looks a little flat.....*Rolls eyes* 🙄
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Absolutely crazy warm. 52 degrees in Millinocket Maine (Mt Katahdin) today. I've never seen anything like it. I'm usually dropping bait/shinner traps this time of year. I could open water fish for crying out loud.. It's like a rollercoaster. Single digits one day. Summer the next. December ice fishing isn't happening. In the1970's we'd be driving on the lakes racing cars in Dec
    Randy/Maine
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Photo taken at Buffalo, NY.

r4fjiczqk1kk.png

I rekon that qualifies for a bonafide snow day or snow days wow.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    It's a blistering 61 degrees in the San Gabriel Valley! Brrrr.. :#

Texas here I come...
  • Had a great day today. We hit the 40's with clear skies.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Growing up in Minnesota, I remember getting storms like those. Us kids would build snow tunnels. Good times!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • NotaSuv
    has been 60-80 with low humidity for the past 2 weeks and forecast to be the same all week. Love the Sunshine state during the winter time :)
  • Here we go.
    They predicted -70 with wind chill in Lusk Wyoming early morning tomorrow….

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/b9/09/D85C6FDF-ACB9-4134-A605-D4D4C182067E/IMG_2001.MOV
  • Apologies.
    Still can’t figure out how to dip a video.
  • pitdogg2
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    Apologies.
    Still can’t figure out how to dip a video.

copy and paste after you click the picture arrow
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    It's supposed to be 82 degrees on Christmas day. But that's according to the meteorologists, what do they know. :D
    2i1j8czhw0bc.jpg
  • NotaSuv
    Looking at one of the coldest Christmas days ever here is Sunny Fl.....
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    Here we go.
    They predicted -70 with wind chill in Lusk Wyoming early morning tomorrow….

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/b9/09/D85C6FDF-ACB9-4134-A605-D4D4C182067E/IMG_2001.MOV

-70 :o:s Holy shrinkage Batman!
    sdtq0f0a99ds.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Went from 49 to 0 in just a couple hours..
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    edited December 2022
    Yous guys up north should keep this to yourselves...

6e2ccmfs4ahn.png
    gxwzc89k6wtg.jpg
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Went from 49 to 0 in just a couple hours..

Supposed to do that here later this evening.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus