15 inch sub box designs

Just picked up a digital designs redline700 15 inch sub, dual 4 ohm. Going to be running it on an alpine amp that pushes 1000 RMS@4ohm. Manufacturer only reccomends ported enclosures, and anywhere from 3-5 cu/ft for box volume. Anyone ever build a box with similar parameters? I wanna keep it at the smaller end, any suggestions?
2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    This isn’t much of a car audio site anymore: I would recommend hitting up some other forums!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    This isn’t much of a car audio site anymore: I would recommend hitting up some other forums!

Figured as much but no harm in asking.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    You should consult T_Unit616.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Who's that, Jesse?

Rob, just curious do you have any space or physical design dimension limitations?
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• seabeerob213
    msg wrote: »
    Who's that, Jesse?

Rob, just curious do you have any space or physical design dimension limitations?

Not too much, going into a 2000 focus wagon Soni have a fairly large trunk area
  • seabeerob213
    msg wrote: »
    Who's that, Jesse?

Not too much, going into a 2000 focus wagon Soni have a fairly large trunk area

So * I* have a fairly large trunk area
  • seabeerob213
    I ordered a gately audio flat pack box, but idk if it will fit the trunk in the new car.
  • RTiguy
    RTiguy Posts: 1
    @seabeerob213 I'm so tired! You're in car audio I thought this was Polk HTR. Sorry bud!
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited May 2021
    @seebeerob213 Did you ever build the sub?

You did not specify sealed or ported Off the top of my head, sealed - 2-2.5; ported - minimum 3 cu ft closure w/3” diameter 15-20” in length.

You did not mention performance expectations such as F3. WinISD is free to use to model most any driver.
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • seabeerob213
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    @seebeerob213 Did you ever build the sub?

You did not specify sealed or ported Off the top of my head, sealed - 2-2.5; ported - minimum 3 cu ft closure w/3” diameter 15-20” in length.

You did not mention performance expectations such as F3. WinISD is free to use to model most any driver.

I did, I used gately audio's flat pack 15inch 4 cubic foot ported box, added some dynamat to bracing and the baffle and the wall directly behind the woofer, used speaker spikesnto keep it from sliding, painted it with a thick coat of bed liner. Sounded amazing, I did end up getting the sub pretty hot, I could smell it, but it still plays and sounds great, and moves freely, but I have the sub out of the car now after needing trunk space while helping an ex find homes for Ukrainian refugees out here. It's a big heavy sub, I don't wanna carry it back out, and my mpgs went up by like 4 😂. Now I'm getting ready to sell the car and gonna rip out most of the system, so it's getting left in the closet till I move back stateside.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I have the sub out of the car now after needing trunk space while helping an ex find homes for Ukrainian refugees out here.

That is a great and kind thing to hear. Peace be with you, Rob.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • seabeerob213
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    I have the sub out of the car now after needing trunk space while helping an ex find homes for Ukrainian refugees out here.

That is a great and kind thing to hear. Peace be with you, Rob.

Thanks man