true 7.1 is on it's way to a theater near me...

juice21
juice21 Posts: 1,866
edited May 2002 in Electronics
my finshed basement actaully! scored a denon 3801 this weekend, so now my 7.1 speaker configuration will finally be delvering a 'true' 7.1 performance. man, i can't wait, just thought i'd share in my excitement...:D
Post edited by juice21 on

Comments

• OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited May 2002
    What were you running prior to the 3801?

Question for you, Juice; what do you do when your receiver starts to smoke and smell bad? Turned on my backup receiver (Sony STR-DE915) today and the 'protector mode' came on, followed by a nasty smell and plenty of smoke. I imagine there's a part that can be replaced, or something. Any ideas?
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited May 2002
    "what do you do when your receiver starts to smoke and smell bad?"

Buy a new one, good for you, now pick a good one.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited May 2002
    Don't you mean true 6.1? :rolleyes: Where have you been lately, dude? Are you actually working at your job? I'm going to catch you in the post count if you're not careful.

Aaron
  • juice21
    edited May 2002
    OrangeToupee - i second hoosier21 on 'getting a new one'. does it work at all now??? man that is rough. i was (still am, until tonite) running a kenwood vr309...

aaron, yeah, your right-true 6.1, yet also 'true' 7.1 amplification (that's more what i was saying, or at least trying to...). i am actually working at my job, go figure (6 more people got laid off this morning. ...damn, i was hoping for a vacation...:D )...

post as post can be, you'll never catch me,

the post master ;)
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2002
    you might have got some metal and shorted out your final stage now you can get it repaired but you dont know what it has dune to the still working parts
    after you get it fixed the some of the dammaged but still working parts might kill your recever agin
    you can fix what is broken but if you dont get what is causing the problem it will hapen agin and agin and agin
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited May 2002
    Are we going to talk about 6.1-7.1?????
    Thats always a confusing topic for most.Fun to read what people post.
    6.1 is the correct format......7.1 is the speaker layout .........now how to explain the surround back,thats the fun part.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • juice21
    edited May 2002
    ok, maybe i should have titled it '7.1 layout is on it's way to a theater near me' subtitled 'true 6.1 format'... :D