sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    That laptop to the left

4a9p2yxkcpsk.png

I think is a Compaq
    Remember that name ?
    Used to be big.

pljvkgi4yaum.jpg
    I used to lug one of these around.

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    sucks2beme wrote: »

Cool... but did you ever lug a Kaypro or Osborne around? ;)
    I had a couple of professors in grad school who had each of those luggables when they were quite the status symbol. :#

d1gy6k9ahid7.png

ttqu7m2tt25t.png

The coolest single 'pute I ever used was a Tektronix 4051.
    It had this really hip on-board graphics using a storage display.
    It also had a built in firmware BASIC with a dynamic range of 10^-307 to 10^+307 (!?!)

7yglw9g4t3l4.png

We actually ported some nonlinear regression analysis s/w (David Rodbard's LIGAND program) over to it from a DEC VAX platform because our datasets were so big we were overflowing the DEC BASIC interpreter with some of the matrix operations. B)

That 4051 was built like a freaking tank, too.

(borrowed images all)

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

7yglw9g4t3l4.png

We actually ported some nonlinear regression analysis s/w (David Rodbard's LIGAND program) over to it from a DEC VAX platform because our datasets were so big we were overflowing the DEC BASIC interpreter with some of the matrix operations. B)

(borrowed images all)

A DEC VAX.
    Boy do I remember them. I worked for them for 3 years.
    They paid to relocate me to Dallas back in 1992.

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Cool... but did you ever lug a Kaypro or Osborne around? ;)
    I had a couple of professors in grad school who had each of those luggables when they were quite the status symbol. :#

d1gy6k9ahid7.png

ttqu7m2tt25t.png

The coolest single 'pute I ever used was a Tektronix 4051.
    It had this really hip on-board graphics using a storage display.
    It also had a built in firmware BASIC with a dynamic range of 10^-307 to 10^+307 (!?!)

7yglw9g4t3l4.png

(borrowed images all)

We had a kaypro. Heavy AF huge with a small screen.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Boy we thought we were big💩 when we went from a green screen to tiger screen....
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Well -- I guess you could say that New Hampshire's "Old Man of the Mountain" was anchored to the mountain... it was part of the mountain. But that didn't end well. :(

3tp8iel93a7w.png

qdebfi79oqoy.png

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    I think is a Compaq

pljvkgi4yaum.jpg

I had one of those Compaq "laptops", that exact model. 20 MB hardrive, with two "floppy" drives 3.5" and 4" or 5" floppies???

I also had an HP 7 pen plotter to create plots or drawings (simple)

I never saw those big machines on my engineering campus. We did have those old Wang "computers", used cards. Of course we had the big mainframes to read card decks. I can still hear the sound of those IBM punch card machines.

Carl

• gopd1uqdch03.png

vehpqzhl9jhe.png

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009

Thoughts and prayers sent their way.

yt0aygq99mwr.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I don't like snoop dog for one reason in particular BUT I think this is funny as h**l and I'd like one. :D

I'd put him on the front porch of my cottage. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    treitz3 wrote: »
    With Christmas coming up and some crazy members on this forum who would probably dig this, I thought I'd share it with y'all.....Snoop on a stoop.

gw2otgt2s7cs.png

https://slightworldsoutdoor.com/products/snoop-on-a-stoop-christmas-elf-doll?variant=41971335495871

Tom

LOVE IT Tom.... Price is a little high but hey it is Snoop B)
  • I wonder if its stuffed with weed!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited September 2022

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited September 2022

treitz3 wrote: »
    With Christmas coming up and some crazy members on this forum who would probably dig this, I thought I'd share it with y'all.....Snoop on a stoop.

gw2otgt2s7cs.png

Tom

Need Martha to go along with it.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *