GIK Acoustics Quality is Horrible!!

Toolfan66
Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
edited May 2022 in The Clubhouse
So 5 months ago I ordered these panels, 15 weeks later I received them, only for the order to be wrong, the 24 x 24 panels had the wrong pattern, the 12 x 24 panels had the cloth sagging in areas.

So their fix was to send me replacements after a back and forth with them sending photos to them with the problems.

They sent me return labels to send them back, and said they had replacements ordered, well I thought better of it, and held on to the original ones, well thank god I did, they only sent the wood pattern parts that were wrong, not the complete panels. 🙄

The 12 x 24’s were a little better except one it was worse then the original ones they sent, so I went about going through them to make 8 good panels, and they now look good.

Back to the replacement wood panels for the 24 x 24 pieces, here is where I was pissed, I opened the box on our couch, and when I pulled them out I got saw dust everywhere on the couch, they couldn’t even clean the replacements before boxing them up for shipping, also I will post pictures and you will see how square they are.

At this point I’m going to make them work, I will fix them myself, and if they think I’m sending the other eight 12 x 24’s back they can kiss my behind.

Beyond frustrated with this company..
Post edited by Toolfan66 on

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Oh yeah, look at the corners on the replacements for the wood panels, think they could have pack them better for shipping?

Also this is what you do, this is what you’re selling, how hard is it to build them square? None of my projects get cut that way..
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    I would be pissed too.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,967
    I figured those things would be cnc cut... Very weird.

Sorry they are delivering substandard products these days
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    That's not even close enough for hand grenades.
    Sal Palooza
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    @Toolfan66 - I know you don't want to and this has been frustraiting but I would pack all that crap back up and get a full refund. Thanks for keeping everyone aware. I want some panels and have reviewed the GIK's many times but I won't bother with them now.

And write them a review on every outlet you can - website, Facebook, google....
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Toolfan66
    I did two write up’s on Facebook, and they deleted both..
  • F1nut
    Who deleted your comments?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I did two write up’s on Facebook, and they deleted both..

Truth hurts, they can't have folks buying panels waiting for months and getter an inferior product. Can't let that cat out of the bag until they get the product, then when they complain delete the feedback poof back to 100% satisfaction...

• F1nut
    A quick search turns up poor quality and poor customer service reviews as far back as 2006, so they have been sucking for a very long time.

President of Club Polk

• TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    The way GIK should handle this situation,(1) Have you spend time with someone in quality control to pick your brains to eliminate these problems. (2) GIK should refund your purchase price.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Larry, have you tried their forum at Audio Circle? Yeah, the same thing could happen there too.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=183.0
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Toolfan66
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Larry, have you tried their forum at Audio Circle? Yeah, the same thing could happen there too.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=183.0

No, but I will..

Thanks..

• tratliff
    edited May 2022
    Larry, this appears that they watch these post. Your best bet for a great outcome. Keep working it…but be diplomatic.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    7502t5xvf8vx.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited May 2022
    Kewl. I have some GIK products from 2006. Four Tri-Traps, four thick panels in Guilford of Maine Silver Papier and an art panel. Quality outstanding. You'd think if a customer had an issue, Glenn or someone in charge would be double checking what gets sent out and make sure it doesn't happen again.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Great news Larry!
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Hope it works out for you.

Otherwise, file complaints through bbb.com. They can’t just delete those.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • tratliff
    Glad you got it worked out. Very disappointing over the process you had to go thru with GIC.