Weather at Your House?

Comments

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited August 2021
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Having deja vu
    kjqxb66f55fr.jpg

Yep. Looks about the same as a few years back. New Orleans is in for a possible 16 year catastrophe. I won't lie and say I'm not glad this ain't hitting us.

0j3qmucktfho.jpg
    Post edited by CH46E on
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Yes it's going to be bad in New Orleans. My wife's family lives in Lake Charles, I'm just glad it's not hitting near there as they have had it bad the past year of so there.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    It's going to get dicey down there regardless.
    Duck and cover
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    She's a monster for sure. I hope that got thier levies in order.

dboyhwbu1p4m.jpg
    wl41a3aqro7l.jpg
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    edited September 2021
    In honor of Ida, who has been flooding my yard all day, I offer up this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yP1tcy9a10
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Well it's 6:35pm up here in Maine & its dark as heck & it feels like midnight. YAWN. Time change kills me
    Randy/Maine
  • Same here in Central Ohio. Cold, dark, gusty winds, rain and snow.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Sunny and warm here in the SF Bay Area of CA. So far this rainy season the rain is about 300% above normal for this time of the year. However, it needs to stay at that level the next 5-6 months to put a dent in the drought.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited November 2021
    Cool but not too bad. It's been quite windy or breezy the past couple of weeks or more.

The cooler nights have got the tree leaves turning their colors on a grand scale.

Picture a Charlie Brown Cartoon about the Great Pumpkin. :)

It's been quite the year for rainfall here also.

I'll have to learn how to copy a picture from the weather link later. Maybe I have to GO TO the site itself... :|

https://a.msn.com/54/en-us/ct34.2367,-77.9462?weadegreetype=F&weaext0={"l":"Wilmington","r":"NC","r2":"New+Hanover+County","c":"United+States","i":"US","g":"en-us"}&ocid=msedgntp
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    91 degrees yesterday at 5 pm, line of t-storms went through around 8 pm. 32 degrees at 8:30 this morning. Not atypical for these parts. Keeps us guessing.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    In the 60s in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is great since I turned my amps on at 8:30 AM to listen to music tonight starting at 6 PM. Now the living room will only hit the low 80s as the amps warm up.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    Florida..it was great.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Snowed another 4" last night. Somebody up stairs doesn't want my hot tub delivered :s
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Snowed another 4" last night. Somebody up stairs doesn't want my hot tub delivered :s

Make it a cooler for all your hippie drinks....
  • audioluvr
    Good idea!

Wait. What is a hippie drink?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Oops wrong thread. We have the faintest bit of snow starting.

65btmdgvegoz.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    We had snow tonite as well
  • Tony M
    Southeastern NC near the beach.

Sunny and Beautiful temps and low humidity. <3

The pollen is still falling though. I believe it's getting less and less.

The "Live Oak" trees have shed most if not all the old leaves they wanted to. Millions of them. I'm surrounded by them. :D Great shade trees but they come with a lot of ground maintenance. After the leaves fall off, they sprout tassels. long dusty tassels. Millions of them line our streets, walk-ways and sit in every crack or crevice. The cars have them sitting on anything that will support them. You open a car door...they drop onto your seat from the door's weatherstrip. :#

We've probably filled 25 lawn bags of leaves in a month or more. I'm glad I'm retired and am able to keep up. I found that a large tote I've had for 25 years works great as a bag holder. The bags are made to fit these tubs. It took me way too long to figure that one out. :s We's always lay a bag on the ground and try to keep it open for us to drop the leaves into the ever closing opening. :#

One day I thought maybe they would fit the tub and low and behold, the bag fits tight around the rim too. Well those bags did. My wife bought a new mega box of lawn bags and I used a couple a few days ago. The new ones are looser around the rim but they do stay as I double rake lift a bunch of leaves and then drop it into the top of the tote. I have holes drilled into the bottom of the tote to allow removal of the bag.

The tote and bag holds 3 of my self propelled Toro lawnmower bag fully loaded. It's perfect. The last usage of my routine, I did have a bunch of leaves packed into a section of the bag on the lawnmower that hadn't happened before. The rear of the bag is double layered but not sewn on one side. Weird but what-ever. So I thought I might need a new bag but I'd look into it since it was a beautiful day that day. I saw how to remove the bag from it's metal frame hanger. I turned the bag inside out and saw how easy it was to clean. 10 years I've had this mower and I never fully cleaned the bag. The bag is like brand new now. I can't wait to see how this clean bag performs in a day or two. Heck, maybe today, why not. :D

So now I have an easy routine. 36 frikn years I've lived here and I just figure this out last fall?

I mostly use the self-propelled lawnmower now to suck-up leaves. :) The time saved raking and physical
    effort eliminated is amazing.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    edited April 2022
    Tennessee got hit with some bad storms last night. My niece just posted pics of her new car and her daughter's car that had a tree fall on them. Thankfully no one got hurt.
    At home here in Ct. it's another beautiful, warm spring day.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Ice on pool is all gone. Just waiting for the contractor to come and do the stone work in the back yard
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    6+ nches of heavy/wet snow last night, Bdeen w/o power since very early this a.m. WTF!!!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Tony M
    That's gotta suck. :s

I hope they get your power back online quickly.
  • audioluvr
    Rain, rain and more rain here in the PNW.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• Tony M
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Rain, rain and more rain here in the PNW.

Is that the rain that should make it down to the Hoover Dam?
  • audioluvr
    edited April 2022
    No. That comes from the great basin. Some might make it down there though .
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• pitdogg2
    Rainy cold and miserable...
  • Tony M
    This week Tues. to Tues. will make more people want to move here. :s

Beautiful and from a tad chilly to hot in 7 days. :D
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    Tony M wrote: »
    That's gotta suck. :s

I hope they get your power back online quickly.

Power was out from 3am to after 5pm. Got down to a balmy 62 degrees in the house. Would have pulled the generator out of the shed if it wasn't for the dang snow and I was tired of shoveling already. Went to the gym to warm up and ate out for the day, so not that bad after all.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    86 today.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • audioluvr
    Milito wrote: »
    86 today.

You suck! I still have snow on the ground. Albeit mostly melted now.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC