Comments

• Ill how ?
    Acid reflux ?
    Sunburn ?
    Toothache ?
    Diarrhea ?

Did he tell you "Hey I have
    Covid ?"
    Does your workplace have a vaccine mandate or weekly testing ?
    Was he/them vaxxed ?

Sal Palooza
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Throughout the holiday season my wife, our three children and I have stayed by ourselves. Unfortunately I have to work where others are not as thoughtful.

And how do we know they aren't thoughtful ?

One of them went in to work knowingly I'll so that he would not lose his holiday pay. Putting everyone else at risk is not being very thoughtful.

What no masks at work?
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    Ill how ?
    Acid reflux ?
    Sunburn ?
    Toothache ?
    Diarrhea ?

Did he tell you "Hey I have
    Covid ?"
    Does your workplace have a vaccine mandate or weekly testing ?
    Was he/them vaxxed ?

He admitted to having flu like symptoms. He was so ill that he called in sick the following day, once his holiday pay was secure.

The company weekly tests anyone who hasn't been vaccinated or who doesn't pass the temperature screening at their arrival onto the facility.

• la2vegas
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Throughout the holiday season my wife, our three children and I have stayed by ourselves. Unfortunately I have to work where others are not as thoughtful.

And how do we know they aren't thoughtful ?

One of them went in to work knowingly I'll so that he would not lose his holiday pay. Putting everyone else at risk is not being very thoughtful.

What no masks at work?

Two of my coworkers who tested positive are antivaxers. They wear a mask but don't use it properly. It doesn't even cover their mouths.
  • If they were unvaxxed and not properly wearing masks, did you speak up ?
    We're you properly wearing a mask and practicing safe distancing ?
    Sal Palooza
  • la2vegas
    They should test everyone. It's well known those vaccinated still carry and pass covid with little or no symptoms.
    Why should only the unvaccinated be tested?

I'll raise your concern at the next board meeting.
  • la2vegas
    If they were unvaxxed and not properly wearing masks, did you speak up ?
    We're you properly wearing a mask and practicing safe distancing ?

I'm done with you...
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    If he has covid he would have got paid anyway, so that makes no sense.. The problem is not the vaxxed or unvaxxed it’s the ignorant ones that don’t educate themselves..
  • la2vegas
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    If he has covid he would have got paid anyway, so that makes no sense.. The problem is not the vaxxed or unvaxxed it’s the ignorant ones that don’t educate themselves..

Apparently as of this past September the company was paying up to 80 hours of covid pay for those who tested positive or where symptomatic. Since this government funded benefit has expired the company has no obligation to pay the employees for missing work time for covid related issues.

In order to insure receiving holiday pay, an employee must work their full shift immediately prior to and immediately following the holiday. Believe it or not....
  • So
    In order to insure receiving holiday pay, an employee must work their full shift immediately prior to and immediately following the holiday. Believe it or not....

Why not believe it ?
    That policy is put in place when EMPLOYEES in the past have ABUSED a company's Sick Leave time (which often is quite generous and liberal)

Real World how this played out:
    Company doesn't require a doctor's note to return to work if you're out 1 or 2 days.
    At 3 days+, the Company says, okay, if you're out that long we'd like to see a doctor's note before you return to work.
    This makes sure of 2 things:
    1. You're physically safe to
    return to work
    2. You're not abusing Sick
    Leave

So so far so good.
    If you're sick 1 or 2 days before a Holiday, okay. No doctor's note required.
    A fair and reasonable policy,
    actually somewhat liber for the EMPLOYEE while protecting the Company's interests.

Works until the EMPLOYEES abuse Sick Leave.

What typically happens is Poindexter, Mr. Sea Lawyer, figures "I'll extend the Holiday by calling off sick 2 days BEFORE and 2 days After the Holiday break".
    Soon, the slugs in the workplace figure that'll work for them too which forces the company to react.

So guess what the company HAS to do ?
    Correct. Show up before and after the Holiday break or lose Holiday Pay

Which is a HUGE hit when your GENEROUS company gives a TEN DAY HOLIDAY BREAK at
    Christmas.

So that's why the policy is believable, and all due to EMPLOYEE abuse.

Long explanation but I'm getting paid by the word so it's all good. 👍

Sal Palooza
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

Apparently as of this past September the company was paying up to 80 hours of covid pay for those who tested positive or where symptomatic. Since this government funded benefit has expired the company has no obligation to pay the employees for missing work time for covid related issues.

Wanna bet? your company better be taking a better look at that..

I understand that, but not to pay it because someone was out with Coved is chicken $h!t IMO. Not a company I want to work for...

• Agreed Larry.

Even though the Company has a "Policy" (brought on IMO by employee abuse) a responsible Company should be able to adapt to a changing circumstance.

And if the Company can't adapt, andif my fellow employees are merely parasites on the Company, might be time to look for some different employment.

Sal Palooza
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Well after feeling rather crappy all weekend I finally got tested today...and retested.

Both came back positive for covid

Sorry man, I hope it goes well for you and not that way it's going for me. I hope you get better really quick and not look back.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Get well soon, Dan!
    Alea jacta est!
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Kind of surprised myself that this thread is still here...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    smglbrth wrote: »
    Kind of surprised myself that this thread is still here...

Agreed.

Anyway, whoever's got it, hope you get well!!
    If you ain't got it, hope you never do!!!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Good news on prevention. Research is showing that cannabis prevents virus infection.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/coronavirus/article/Cannabis-compounds-blocked-COVID-infection-in-16773314.php
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Good news on prevention. Research is showing that cannabis prevents virus infection.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/coronavirus/article/Cannabis-compounds-blocked-COVID-infection-in-16773314.php

Too bad it can't be read without paying
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251

Too bad it can't be read without paying

Interesting. I saw the subject on the evening news, so I did a Google search on the subject, went to the site, and read it with no issue. Thanks for finding another site.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    I couldn't get rid of a sign up banner on my mobile
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Be back soon, going to get an 1/8th of vaccine at the dispensary.

Buy in bulk and get a discount . . . an LB ought to due! :#
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • pitdogg2
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Be back soon, going to get an 1/8th of vaccine at the dispensary.

Buy in bulk and get a discount . . . an LB ought to due! :#

yes I always bought elbows at a time.....
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032

I was thinking of getting my Medial card for Cannabis. So many medicine like properties

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Greedy evil ba$tards!
    —Moderna, just one of multiple pharmaceuticals eager to exploit our new vaccine mania, are expanding their manufacturing capacity to produce as many as 6 billion mRNA vaccine doses per year.

—Moderna will have an Omicron-specific vaccine as early as March, and they won’t be the only ones. The compliant triple jabbed can look forward to having their fully vaccinated status revoked once again.

—Moderna are working in close collaboration with “Dr. Fauci’s team” and with public health experts to develop an annual combined mRNA flu, RSV and Corona vaccine to reduce “compliance issues.”

—The industry more broadly has targeted about 20 pathogens for vaccine development, from Zika to Nipah, with a view towards being able to rapidly deploy mRNA vaccines against future virus threats.
    The other piece we’re working on is for 2023, is how do we make it possible from a societal standpoint that people want to be vaccinated. And we’re going to do this by preparing combinations, we’re working on the flu vaccine, we’re working on an RSV vaccine, and our goal is to be able to have a single annual booster, so that we don’t have compliance issues, where people don’t want to get two to three shots a winter, but they get one dose, where they get a booster for Corona, and a booster for flu and RSV, to make sure that people get their vaccine.
    ~ Moderna CEO Stéphane Bancel
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk