Was my thread taken down?

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Maybe take your badass American muscle car out for a cruise if you are up for it. I know going for a drive usually always helps make me feel better. Hope you start feeling a little better each day.
    I've done that a few times since I got sick and it really helps. But it doesn't help when it rains etc. I don't take it out on those days. It's a garage queen and it's not a daily driver.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantis
    dkfreebird wrote: »
    I missed a little over 3 weeks at work and lost 20 pounds in 10’days. Didn’t think I was going to make it for a while. Finally back to near normal except my smell. I smell cigarettes all the time for some reason.It is almost nauseating. Hope that goes away. Mine started at the end of August.

I smell something like that 2. It's so strange I think it's like my face oil so I wash my face but still smell that smell. I got my Sense of smell and taste back. I also lost weight. I lost 17 lbs.

I feel little better today but I don't want to speak out of terms. I feel good one day and then like hell the next. It's so frustrating.
    Dan
  • mantis
    Jstas wrote: »
    Took me 22 days before I actually felt better.

Then about 4 months of what felt like really bad allergies and a persistent cough that would wake me up at night. July/August 2020, when the heat finally hit in the summer, is when I started being able to breath again without it being labored.

It'll be 2 years since I came down with it on January 12th and I still have lingering effects. Breathing troubles during allergy seasons, congestion from mask usage, blood pressure problems, shortness of breath at times, all of which I didn't have prior to SARS-Cov-2. Yeah, getting older matters too but this wasn't gradual. It was like a switch got flicked 2 years ago and it hasn't been turned off yet.
    I'm so sorry to hear that. This thing sucks so bad and it effects everyone differently. I'm going on 4 weeks now and I'm not out of the woods.
    Dan
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    You need an ax?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    I need a chainsaw.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited January 2022
    mantis wrote: »

Then about 4 months of what felt like really bad allergies and a persistent cough that would wake me up at night. July/August 2020, when the heat finally hit in the summer, is when I started being able to breath again without it being labored.

It'll be 2 years since I came down with it on January 12th and I still have lingering effects. Breathing troubles during allergy seasons, congestion from mask usage, blood pressure problems, shortness of breath at times, all of which I didn't have prior to SARS-Cov-2. Yeah, getting older matters too but this wasn't gradual. It was like a switch got flicked 2 years ago and it hasn't been turned off yet.
    I'm so sorry to hear that. This thing sucks so bad and it effects everyone differently. I'm going on 4 weeks now and I'm not out of the woods.

I got it in January of 2020 before anyone knew what it was. It knocked me down hard for 10 days. A few times I woke up struggling to breathe and spent almost an hour in the bathroom coughing up chest congestion. The doctors at the company I work for said I should have been in the hospital. I never went because I thought it was just a bad flu. But after I started feeling better, I felt a sinus infection coming on. So I went to my doc because I had to travel soon. Told him what was going on and he rapid tested me for flu. I came back positive for flu b so he took blood for lab work.

He called me while I was traveling and told me tests came back, no influenza antibodies at all and didn't know what I had. Fast forward to like May/June and he was going through patient records from October to February on everyone he saw that came in with flu like symptoms and was making reports on them to the appropriate resources. He told me he estimated that 70 to 80 percent of his "late flu" patients were actually SARS-CoV-2 but it wasn't verifiable outside of symptomatic analysis because nobody was bothering with antigen tests at the time.

It was messed up, dude and pretty scary. I know what you're going through and the false hope of good one day, like schitt the next is exhausting.

My doc told me to take Robitussin DM, the night time stuff, every 6 hours despite what the label said and keep the congestion out of your lungs. That's what helped me the most. I probably drank 2 gallons of the stuff over the course of 4 months but it helped a ton with sleep quality and coughing.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    As a former medical researcher....Antigen test or it didn't happen (Thank Dr. Kary Mullis). Extra Vit C, D3, selenium, and Zinc with quercitin if it did happen. A multitude of published data on these, specific to their anti-viral properties. (Thanks Pub Med)

@ Dec '19, I recognized flu-like symptoms and started double-dosing said vitamins and minerals. What usually took only a day or so to knock out fever and chills, took 3-4 days.

Fast forward to now, knowing this chimeravirus (Thank Fauci and Peter Daszak because the Bat Lady did) targets the lining of the airways, I've added a daily ozone generator to the household.

Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    I caught it (pretty sure anyways) at a Boxing Day party (Dec 26, 2019). Rich friends of my girlfriend's in NY state in a smallish house packed to the gills with well to do travelers of the world. Lots of artist types. I have no idea if anyone had just come back from China but anything is possible. I won't mention how I treated it this time, so the thread doesn't get shut down again. I was sick for 3 weeks with the strangest respiratory infection I had ever felt. I've had worse. Pneumonia was worse, but this was weird and I did lose ability to enjoy food as tastes and smells were all outa wack.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    Colostrum
    Where do you get that?
    I drink lots of those gut health bacteria things
  • mantis
    F1nut wrote: »
    I need a chainsaw.
    I'll take 2 of them.
    Dan
  • mantis

I got it in January of 2020 before anyone knew what it was. It knocked me down hard for 10 days. A few times I woke up struggling to breathe and spent almost an hour in the bathroom coughing up chest congestion. The doctors at the company I work for said I should have been in the hospital. I never went because I thought it was just a bad flu. But after I started feeling better, I felt a sinus infection coming on. So I went to my doc because I had to travel soon. Told him what was going on and he rapid tested me for flu. I came back positive for flu b so he took blood for lab work.

He called me while I was traveling and told me tests came back, no influenza antibodies at all and didn't know what I had. Fast forward to like May/June and he was going through patient records from October to February on everyone he saw that came in with flu like symptoms and was making reports on them to the appropriate resources. He told me he estimated that 70 to 80 percent of his "late flu" patients were actually SARS-CoV-2 but it wasn't verifiable outside of symptomatic analysis because nobody was bothering with antigen tests at the time.

It was messed up, dude and pretty scary. I know what you're going through and the false hope of good one day, like schitt the next is exhausting.

My doc told me to take Robitussin DM, the night time stuff, every 6 hours despite what the label said and keep the congestion out of your lungs. That's what helped me the most. I probably drank 2 gallons of the stuff over the course of 4 months but it helped a ton with sleep quality and coughing.

Geez dude, again so sorry you had to deal with all that. This thing sucks so bad for so many people.
    I picked up Nyquil and DayQuil in the beginning and took them everyday and night. I beat the first round in 3 -4 days. But these new symptoms are way worse. I have my good days and bad and yes totally annoying and really stressful. My days are getting better but as soon as I say that, I fear tomorrow will be a ruff day. Sucks so bad I dream of the day I'm back to being me.

Dan
  • mantis
    xschop wrote: »
    As a former medical researcher....Antigen test or it didn't happen (Thank Dr. Kary Mullis). Extra Vit C, D3, selenium, and Zinc with quercitin if it did happen. A multitude of published data on these, specific to their anti-viral properties. (Thanks Pub Med)

@ Dec '19, I recognized flu-like symptoms and started double-dosing said vitamins and minerals. What usually took only a day or so to knock out fever and chills, took 3-4 days.

Fast forward to now, knowing this chimeravirus (Thank Fauci and Peter Daszak because the Bat Lady did) targets the lining of the airways, I've added a daily ozone generator to the household.

I didn't get zinc or Selenium but they are apart of my Multi Organic Vitamin. I get Garden of Life MY KIND. It seems like a pretty good Multi.
    I also put in D3 and Vitamin C. Once a day small doses.

What does the Ozone generator do? What's the benefits? I got a Air purifier , Blu Air or something like that. It was one that filters out virus and just about everything bad in the air in your home. It's a larger model so it does a lot of square footage. It's super quite as well.
    Dan
  • mantis
    I caught it (pretty sure anyways) at a Boxing Day party (Dec 26, 2019). Rich friends of my girlfriend's in NY state in a smallish house packed to the gills with well to do travelers of the world. Lots of artist types. I have no idea if anyone had just come back from China but anything is possible. I won't mention how I treated it this time, so the thread doesn't get shut down again. I was sick for 3 weeks with the strangest respiratory infection I had ever felt. I've had worse. Pneumonia was worse, but this was weird and I did lose ability to enjoy food as tastes and smells were all outa wack.

Your welcome to PM me
    Dan
  • mantis
    tonyb wrote: »
    I had about the same time as John, back in early January of 2020, before we knew what covid was. I had just left the hospital after major surgery of which one of my surgeons just came back from South Korea. He saw everyone wearing masks then and didn't really understand why.

I felt like I was going to die, loss of taste, no appetite, flu like symptoms, weak...almost to the point the wife wanted to take me back to the hospital, but I refused to go. In my opinion, that first wave was the strongest version of covid, every variant after was weaker to some degree. Looking back, I am surprised I made it, with no real immune system left from just getting out of the hospital and they had me on all sorts of meds not exactly helping immune response too.

My regiment these days, looks like this....100 mg Curcumin, 100-200 mg ubiquinol, 300 mg magnesium, because most everyone is deficient of it. Also 5,000 iu of D3 with MK7, and a product that has a mix of B6 and B12 with some Omegas and resveratrol, carnitine. Just started experimenting with some Colostrum, to help with the gut and immune response since a good chunk of your immune response originates in the gut. If your not allergic to dairy, and if you have some gut issues, ulcers, leaky gut problems, nothing better than Colostrum. It's making my gut feel 30 years younger, and I had some gut issues.

Try things, see what works for you. Anything that will give a boost to your immune system is a positive in this covid world....especially if your older.

Thanks for sharing Tony , I want to really learn about these things. I setup an appointment with a Nutritionist so I can further my knowledge and learn how to balance out my life. I'm sick of the American diet and trying to figure out how to eat properly, to many variables so I need to tailor them to my needs.

Dan
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited January 2022
    https://www.sovereignlaboratories.com/product/COLOSTRUM-LD_powder06.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAw9qOBhC-ARIsAG-rdn5PNdngKHn7dKOYuQk_laC1VcJl-7NeiKGEuMCLmfKMo-fcCuRpPuMaAn4fEALw_wcB

If you want to just try it, they have samples for I believe 7 or 8 bucks delivered. Thats how I started, just to make sure how my body reacted to it, or whether or not it would have reactions to the other stuff I take.

https://www.sovereignlaboratories.com/product/COLOSTRUM-LD_powder50g_vanilla_free.html

Thanks for the info Tony, I have never heard of it, I have been taking D3 and Vitamin C everyday for over a year now, I am not sure if I have ever had Covid or not, before Covid was even a thing there was a time I didn’t feel the greatest, headache, and chills kinda like flu symptoms but different, and really bad bathroom issues, I probably should have went to the doctor but it didn’t feel life threatening, and all in all mild compared to what came and hit so many.

The last three months has actually been the worst for us at work, more people have come down with it more than when this started. I have been fortunate to not be one of them..

How are you today, do you still have lingering issues after all this time??

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    edited January 2022
    Colostrum is one of the ways that the mother mammal, including humans of course, imparts immunity to the child. I took it for a while just to try it. I did not notice anything but I wouldn't have had a problem continuing to take it just on faith because the science is very real. I'm on so many supplements though I can't stick with them all because of $$$.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I had about the same time as John, back in early January of 2020, before we knew what covid was. I had just left the hospital after major surgery of which one of my surgeons just came back from South Korea. He saw everyone wearing masks then and didn't really understand why.

I felt like I was going to die, loss of taste, no appetite, flu like symptoms, weak...almost to the point the wife wanted to take me back to the hospital, but I refused to go. In my opinion, that first wave was the strongest version of covid, every variant after was weaker to some degree. Looking back, I am surprised I made it, with no real immune system left from just getting out of the hospital and they had me on all sorts of meds not exactly helping immune response too.

My regiment these days, looks like this....100 mg Curcumin, 100-200 mg ubiquinol, 300 mg magnesium, because most everyone is deficient of it. Also 5,000 iu of D3 with MK7, and a product that has a mix of B6 and B12 with some Omegas and resveratrol, carnitine. Just started experimenting with some Colostrum, to help with the gut and immune response since a good chunk of your immune response originates in the gut. If your not allergic to dairy, and if you have some gut issues, ulcers, leaky gut problems, nothing better than Colostrum. It's making my gut feel 30 years younger, and I had some gut issues.

Try things, see what works for you. Anything that will give a boost to your immune system is a positive in this covid world....especially if your older.

Thanks for sharing Tony , I want to really learn about these things. I setup an appointment with a Nutritionist so I can further my knowledge and learn how to balance out my life. I'm sick of the American diet and trying to figure out how to eat properly, to many variables so I need to tailor them to my needs.

Good for you. Balance is the key and portion control. Nobody wants to give up their favorite foods, ya just can't binge eat like you did in your 20's and 30's on junk food and fast food. Takes a little trial and error but you'll get there, and be happier you took that journey. Best of luck to you, stay healthy.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    Well after feeling rather crappy all weekend I finally got tested today...and retested.

Both came back positive for covid

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Well after feeling rather crappy all weekend I finally got tested today...and retested.

Both came back positive for covid

Hope all goes well for you. On the bright side, in 1-2 weeks (typically) you’ll have the most durable immunity to Covid you can get.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Good luck. Are you vaccinated?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • la2vegas
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Good luck. Are you vaccinated?

I got vaccinated with the two doze Phizer last March/April. I honestly felt that I had a bad cold, but 3 of my coworkers tested positive for covid last week. I took the test just as a precaution.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    You should be okay. Too bad you didn't get the third shot.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    In some countries, you would be considered unvaccinated without the booster.

Best of luck! You should still have a mild case. 🤞 🍀
    Alea jacta est!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    I'm hearing more and more cases of family and friends getting it. My daughter found out today she has it.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • la2vegas
    Throughout the holiday season my wife, our three children and I have stayed by ourselves. Unfortunately I have to work where others are not as thoughtful.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    edited January 2022
    Throughout the holiday season my wife, our three children and I have stayed by ourselves. Unfortunately I have to work where others are not as thoughtful.

And how do we know they aren't thoughtful ?

Has your doctor recommended any therapeutics ?
    Sal Palooza
  • la2vegas

And how do we know they aren't thoughtful ?

One of them went in to work knowingly I'll so that he would not lose his holiday pay. Putting everyone else at risk is not being very thoughtful.