PSA: Attention: 4th & 5th Gen SDA/SDA SRS Owners

gimpod
gimpod Posts: 1,793
edited July 2020 in The Clubhouse
Last chance get your 4th & 5th Gen SDA/SDA SRS boards, I sent David (@westmassguy) at DHS Speaker Service the last of my boards. So when there gone they will be gone for Good.

Top-new.jpg

Just a refresher:

These are bare boards (no components) and were designed to use bigger Caps & Resistors like Sonicap & Mills and work for the following 4th & 5th Gen SDA/SDA SRS's with a single board crossover and a Pin/Blade I.C. cable.

(* denotes early transitional model.)
*SDA 2B (1987 Blade/Blade I.C. with single board crossover)
SDA 2B/CRS+ (Pin/Blade I.C.)
*SDA 1C (1987 Blade/Blade I.C. with duel board crossover)
SDA 1C
SDA SRS 2 (1987 Pin/Blade I.C. with single board crossover)
SDA SRS 3.1TL
SDA SRS 2.3
SDA SRS 2.3TL
SDA SRS 1.2
SDA SRS 1.2TL

Check with David (@westmassguy) at DHS Speaker Service.[/quote]

I've just checked & I've made thees boards avaible for over 9 years (April 2011 - blows my mind!).

Big thank's to David (@westmassguy) & Trey (@VR3) and of course everyone who purched a set.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain

Comments

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    Thanks for the heads up, nice to hear from you.
    Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
    Sal Palooza
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    And thank you Tony! Your service has been greatly appreciated!
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • gimpod
    All Things Must Pass

https://youtu.be/QWV4pFV5nX4

Seeing how all the board's are SOLD I'll be taking down the site this month.
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Can you give it a couple weeks, I would like to snap shot or print some things out..

BTW, how have you been??
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Agree I'd like to print out some stuff.
    Happy New Year Tony!

How's life treating you ?
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    gimpod wrote: »
    Last chance get your 4th & 5th Gen SDA/SDA SRS boards, I sent David (@westmassguy) at DHS Speaker Service the last of my boards. So when there gone they will be gone for Good.

Top-new.jpg

Just a refresher:

These are bare boards (no components) and were designed to use bigger Caps & Resistors like Sonicap & Mills and work for the following 4th & 5th Gen SDA/SDA SRS's with a single board crossover and a Pin/Blade I.C. cable.

(* denotes early transitional model.)
    *SDA 2B (1987 Blade/Blade I.C. with single board crossover)
    SDA 2B/CRS+ (Pin/Blade I.C.)
    *SDA 1C (1987 Blade/Blade I.C. with duel board crossover)
    SDA 1C
    SDA SRS 2 (1987 Pin/Blade I.C. with single board crossover)
    SDA SRS 3.1TL
    SDA SRS 2.3
    SDA SRS 2.3TL
    SDA SRS 1.2
    SDA SRS 1.2TL

Check with David (@westmassguy) at DHS Speaker Service.

I've just checked & I've made thees boards avaible for over 9 years (April 2011 - blows my mind!).

Big thank's to David (@westmassguy) & Trey (@VR3) and of course everyone who purched a set.[/quote]

Was my pleasure Tony
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • pitdogg2
    Dude only thing better would be more boards😉
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    Guy's I have a backup of the site and I'm putting together a zipped version for download.

That is awesome! This is the sort of thing that I really enjoy about this community.
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    Dang, hate to see the site taken down. I've referenced that site many times over the years.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Dude only thing better would be more boards😉
    I wonder how much the boards themselves contribute to the huge improvements in sound quality. They were better than the factory boards by several orders of magnitude.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    I wonder just what it takes to get some made? I seen Tony said the last batch was made down under.
    I'm wondering if they have the ability to make more from his last batch?
    Honestly I slept on the last, I really wanted another set to populate with say Clarity CMR or some other that I could compare with my Sonicaps.
    Easy peasy to pull the passive and switch, boom done!
  • ^^^^
    Me too Ivan. I'm wondering.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA

• I'd be willing to buy two pairs.
  • pitdogg2
    Group buy 🤣
  • Toolfan66
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Group buy 🤣

That’s not a bad idea…

v9mymeakg293.gif

• pitdogg2
    It's doubtful Larry. Tony would have to be part of it. We do not know the minimum number needed to even start. He has not been active on the forum the last few years.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    Is it an issue of intellectual property? There I said it.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • pitdogg2
    Is it an issue of intellectual property? There I said it.

I do not think so George. AFAIK Tony developed these all on his own, I'm not aware of any trademarks or patents. Tony made two runs and the second he did have trouble with. I'm sure the headaches from the second run soured his enthusiasm to tackle more. I'm not in any position to state for fact, lets just say Tony has many pot holes and speed bumps in the road so I appreciate what he did do and can appreciate the reason he may not want to tackle this again.
  • Toolfan66
    Thanks for the info Ivan, I had forgot about the issues with that run. I have an extra set I have put away but if it was a possibility I would have thrown in for another set to get the ball rolling..

I am still sitting on a 1K dreadnought. :smiley:
  • Toolfan66
    I won't speak for Tony, he's quite capable of doing that himself.
    Here's what I know:
    1. It's Tony's I.P. for his design, no one else.
    2. I spoke with him when the stock started to run low, and he told me production costs had skyrocketed.
    3. It took several years for Tony to recoup his investment on the second run. That's a long time for his money to be hanging out there, selling pairs in drips and drabs.

That makes sense, and many of us were not seeing that, including myself..
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    The devils always in the details. It is hard for anyone not directly involved to realize how difficult it is. Just a thought though. If it is an issue of IP and I can certainly relate to that, if a price was named or a range of price, perhaps a GoFundMe could be started to purchase all the CAD files so that the boards could live again in the future in the public domain.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 434
    If the IP is secured, I have a good friend that builds a line of guitar pedals. https://thisheavyearth.com/
    I'm sure I could talk him into making the raw boards. He does all his own and has the process dialed in. Might even get him to put some pentagrams or some other "artwork" on them for us... ;)
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • pitdogg2
    That sounds like a great possibility.
    @gimpod

• gimpod
    edited January 2022
    I won't speak for Tony, he's quite capable of doing that himself.
    Here's what I know:
    1. It's Tony's I.P. for his design, no one else.
    2. I spoke with him when the stock started to run low, and he told me production costs had skyrocketed.
    3. It took several years for Tony to recoup his investment on the second-forth run. That's a long time for his money to be hanging out there, selling pairs in drips and drabs.

Ditto....
    In the last 10 years 04/2011 - 04/2021 there's been 4 run made, 2011, 2012, 2015 & 2018. The 2012 run had to be remade 3 times before they said "good enough" and I still had to toss 10+ sets in the trash. Anyway Here you go.
    Gimpod's Site Download
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850

Ditto....
    In the last 10 years 04/2011 - 04/2021 there's been 4 run made, 2011, 2012, 2015 & 2018. The 2012 run had to be remade 3 times before they said "good enough" and I still had to toss 10+ sets in the trash. Anyway Here you go.
    Gimpod's Site Download

Thanks Tony. Never knew you did four runs.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Toolfan66
    Yeah, I thought there were only two runs..