@mhardy6647

Was this like your daily grind?
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,064
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    tgcyq1uffpe3.jpg

@mhardy6647

You put a quarter in this slot here.......
  • aprazer402 wrote: »
    tgcyq1uffpe3.jpg

@mhardy6647

Pay attention, Osama, you're going to be needing this in the future !
    Sal Palooza
  • tkhhomb2zrdx.jpg

Now that's funny ! Or....not. 😵‍💫
    Sal Palooza
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    tgcyq1uffpe3.jpg

@mhardy6647

Pretty much, except not with an electron microscope. Usually with an HPLC or a spectrophotometer or spectrofluorimeter. And we were all usually more rumpled looking.
    Otherwise, yeah, that's us.

B)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    OleBoot wrote: »
    hit1bzr8do7d.png

Hard day at the vodka bar?
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    Truth in advertising
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Below Wheeler Dam on the Tennessee River, in northern Alabama...TVA country
    1m8xy08xzmq5.jpg
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    So, um....is dat where dem's folks go ta skinny dip wit day sister? I herd 'bout dem places b'fore...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    jdjohn wrote: »
    1m8xy08xzmq5.jpg

Faceplanted a few times cuttin the wake on those waters back in the day.

Beautiful area!!!

Mostly skied the Nickajack area north of there.
  • jdjohn
    treitz3 wrote: »
    So, um....is dat where dem's folks go ta skinny dip wit day sister? I herd 'bout dem places b'fore...

Tom
    Not sure that type of thing is exclusive to AL.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • treitz3
    edited December 2021

Tom

Most definitely not. WV ring a bell? ;)

That reminds me.....what do they say at a Happy Birthday party in West Virginia?

"Happy Birthday Uncle Dad!"

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • jdjohn
    oldrocker wrote: »
    1m8xy08xzmq5.jpg

Faceplanted a few times cuttin the wake on those waters back in the day.

Beautiful area!!!

Mostly skied the Nickajack area north of there.
    Interesting history around there: Henry Ford wanted to make it the 'Detroit of the south', and use the hydro-electric power from the dams to power his manufacturing plants. TVA wouldn't sell him the power...I think he actually wanted to purchase one of the dams...so he backed out. Well, the town of Muscle Shoals had already started building municipal infrastructure in anticipation of the factories/workers, but of course none of it materialized, so now you can see sidewalks and fire hydrants on the edges of cotton fields, where they had once thought neighborhoods would be built.

Wheeler Dam and Wilson Dam are only about 15 miles apart. That's got to be the two closest dams anywhere.
  • jdjohn

Tom

That reminds me.....what do they say at a Happy Birthday party in West Virginia?

Tom
    Just about anywhere in Appalachia...including [cough] NC. Have you ever watched the show 'Moonshiners' on Discovery? They have to use subtitles for those guys.
  • treitz3
    Good thing I live in SC then, huh? LOL. Naw man, you can pretty much crack on any part of the country (especially the Appalachia) for some things that are all stereo-typed. We all know that does not represent the vast majority of people in those areas.

With all that is going on in the world, I just though I would add a little bit of levity.

What do you call a Hawaiian prostitute?

Kummonawannalaiya

What do you call a German virgin?

Gooodintite

Tom
  • jdjohn
    Rock Hill, that's right! When I visited my daughter in Charlotte, I had to drive over to Rock Hill for decent tequila :D
  • oldrocker
    I have heard that about Ford, also heard Johnny Cash supposably went into the cave to end his life had some life changing experience and decided not to end things.

Not sure if any of that is true cept he was from the area.
  • oldrocker
    I remember taking boats back in the cave.

Now it's all fenced off due to some species of bats.

Found memories for sure!!!!
  • pitdogg2

Tom

Tom
    Have you ever watched the show 'Moonshiners' on Discovery? They have to use subtitles for those guys.

I love that show and I don't need subtitles I understand fluently

• jdjohn
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Have you ever watched the show 'Moonshiners' on Discovery? They have to use subtitles for those guys.

Same here, Ivan. I still don't understand how/why those guys aren't locked-up since there is clear video evidence of what they're doing. But, I'd sure like to try some of their products, especially a 100% corn product. Adding sugar to the mash is called a 'mixto' in the tequila world, versus real tequila that is made 100% from fermented agave. Mixtos are 'no bueno'!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Same here, Ivan. I still don't understand how/why those guys aren't locked-up since there is clear video evidence of what they're doing. But, I'd sure like to try some of their products, especially a 100% corn product. Adding sugar to the mash is called a 'mixto' in the tequila world, versus real tequila that is made 100% from fermented agave. Mixtos are 'no bueno'!

some got caught and near busted this year if you watched the very first one. Mark and Digger stated they are not in cuffs yet but they could be soon.

How is there evidence? That could all be water and no liquor, You cannot prove it's liquor just by watching.
    I'd love to try some to but I'd need tiny airplane bottles, and I'd probably barf!