PolkFest Reserve Deal—EXTENDED For Forum Members

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    My timing's been slightly off on these deals. I bought the L800s and L400 on a decent sale a couple months before the forum deal and a front set of new Focal Choras with built in Atmos modules earlier this week for a different location. I probably would have gone with the Focals because they fit the smallish 3.1 room situation they're in better than the equivalent Reserve speakers anyway, although the price is considerably higher.

Excellent of Sound United to offer these deals to forum members.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I got that 10% splash and assumed it wouldn't be valid with the big discount.
    Dang indeed. :#

Oh, well, easy come, easy go, you know? ;)
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    To assuage your pain I’ll buy the first drinks should I ever get to your neck ‘o da woods.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2021
    ALL212 wrote: »
    To assuage your pain I’ll buy the first drinks should I ever get to your neck ‘o da woods.

If you get to my neck o' da woods, I'll happily buy you whatever you care to drink! :D
  • Glad I waited to order the R200 until today. Thanks for the 10% additional off tip, ALL212.

Less than 4 Benjamin’s for an outstanding pair of bookies in WHITE at that!
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    White. Ugh.

(Just hackin’ on ya)
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Just ordered a pair. I think its a pair.

Down by the price it says x1. Who knows.....

• TroyD
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Someone order me a pair...my wife took my pair :/

That line forms to the left, brother.

• Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    R200's are tempting, anyone have decent pic of any reserve models in white?
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    My timing has also been off for these deals, however, super good of Polk to include the forum members like this. It's nice to see the company, hopefully, try to get back to their roots, so to speak...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    Thanks Mr. Jacobson!
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    Curious, are these R200 4ohm nominal or higher? I see a minimum 3.8ohms, but not a nominal. Are they hard to drive like the old LSi9?
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Polk doesn't list nominal for this series but says they're compatible with 8, 6 or 4 ohm amplifier output.

I'd focus more on the sensitivity at 86dB, meaning a low powered amp may clip regardless of impedance if the speakers are pushed too loud. The better the amp the better they'll sound is the way I see it but the design team says they can be run in a system with a good home theater receiver.

I loved the LSi9 speakers. Those were 88dB efficient and 4 ohm nominal rated.
  • TroyD
    I've had the R200's connected to a 100wpc Conrad Johnson solid state amp.....playing some fairly demanding music (Telarc William Tell Overture, 1812 overture...) at pretty good volumes and didn't light the clipping lights......and no sense of strain in terms of running out of power.

Just my .02
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Anyone want to speculate on R700 vs LsiM 705? And I think we established this before, but the Reserve series drivers are the same as the Legend, correct?
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Anyone want to speculate on R700 vs LsiM 705? And I think we established this before, but the Reserve series drivers are the same as the Legend, correct?

Following ...
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited October 2021
    Also, where are the Legend and Reserve series manufactured? .. ... stupid Q
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • SIHAB
    It doesn't seem like buying the R700 is an option on the polk site.
    They are coming soon.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Also, where are the Legend and Reserve series manufactured?
    China.
    Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Wow, thank you all for the enthusiasm here!
  • SIHAB wrote: »
    They are coming soon.

Yes, unfortunately they are sitting in a container ship off the coast of long beach :(

If you're holding out for R700s let me know.
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2021
    oldrocker wrote: »

I hope you are right, because I did the same. :|
    Yeah, the customer ordering experience left a little to be desired. More than a little, in fact. It was tedious.
    Crutchfield, e.g., clearly calls out the $749 (list) price as being for a pair -- but not the Polk site. :/

I got a shipment confirmation email today, which was good. The email came mot from "Polk" or even "Sound United", but rather from Definitive Technologies, which struck me as... less good. :/

• DaveHo wrote: »

Yes, The Pinnacle Ring Radiator tweeter and the Turbine Cone Woofer are the same as in Legend
  • Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    SIHAB wrote: »
    They are coming soon.

Noticed that as well. Also, looks like the R700's don't come in white? ;)
  • SIHAB
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Crutchfield, e.g., clearly calls out the $749 (list) price as being for a pair -- but not the Polk site. :/

I got a shipment confirmation email today, which was good. The email came mot from "Polk" or even "Sound United", but rather from Definitive Technologies, which struck me as... less good. :/

It calls it out on the spec sheet but who looks at that!
    I agree that if you didn't catch it there is a little concern :p

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

I hope you are right, because I did the same. :|
    Yeah, the customer ordering experience left a little to be desired. More than a little, in fact. It was tedious.

I got a confirmation also but it only shows 1 speaker.

I then got a reminder email asking if I forgot something???

I called CS, spoke to a lady somewhere that I really couldn't understand.

I ask her about the promotion code, told her it was made available via the polk forum.
    She had no idea what the polk forum was or the discount code.

Don't get me wrong, she was friendly just not to sure about the discount codes.

**She did verify that my order was for only 1 speaker.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's AWESOME for Polk to do these promotions and discounts, but I also
    saw at Crutchfield they have them same speaker as a pair for $749.00.

Due to the confusion, I just cancelled my order. Sure hope my cc gets refunded ok???

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    I'm sure it's a pair. I don't think CS is going to be aware of these on-the-fly promos.

Polk bookshelf speakers are shipping in one box these days it seems? @TroyD - can you confirm this on the ones received for PolkFest? The L200 demo set was in one box.
    I disabled signatures.
  • ^^ this, 1-pair in 1-box.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • TroyD
    Yes, 2 speakers....1 box