WTB: USB Cable

Options
Nightfall
Nightfall Posts: 10,067
edited October 2021 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Anyone have something they're sitting on that they'd rather turn into digital dollars with Venmo? Entryish level stuff only. Skeptical but open minded so I don't want to dive straight into high end.

Am just using a generic Insignia USB A to B cable right now.
afterburnt wrote: »
They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk

Comments

• Nightfall
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hmm
    It wasn't until I moved up to RAL's digital cables, and aggressively reduced jitter by installing a digital master clock, that I began hearing differences in digital cables in my two channel system. Prior to that, the AudioQuest and Pangea USB cables sounded no different from each other and no different from generic computer grade USB cables.

The RAL's are $650

http://www.revelationaudiolabs.com/cables-digital/index.htm

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    DH Labs Silver Sonic strike a good balance. Look for them on eBay.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Hmm
    It wasn't until I moved up to RAL's digital cables, and aggressively reduced jitter by installing a digital master clock, that I began hearing differences in digital cables in my two channel system. Prior to that, the AudioQuest and Pangea USB cables sounded no different from each other and no different from generic computer grade USB cables.

The RAL's are $650

I have nothing but respect for DK, and he seems to have a great ear and clearly has great knowledge and gear. But right now I am sitting here switching back and forth between an MIT Coax cable I bought here years ago, amd the wireworld gold starlight 6 I bought from @marvda1, and I'm sorry but there is a CLEAR difference between two, even on my modest rig. The MIT has a more forward and energetic presentation, which surprises me. Definitely fun to compare, and you should be able to find something much better than what you have for $50-75, maybe less...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options

I can vouch for RAL being a VG cable.
    I've not tried their USB, but I used their Passage Cryo Silver Reference umbilical between my Cary-98 pre and PS. Also, currently using the between my Cary-05 and PS.
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,181
    Options
    iFi Mercury sounds way better than Pangea Premier SE to both myself and my audio bud Steve. I returned the Pangea. iFi says theirs uses continuous cast copper. I really don't know what caused the difference but it was very real.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    AudioQuest Forest
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    I've got an extra 2m AQ Forest I don't see me using. PM me your address and it's yours.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Audioquest Forest are decent use 1 in one rig and a Wireworld Starlight in another, pretty nice gesture from Dave that Forest should do you just fine.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    RAL makes excellent umbilical cables. I wasn't expecting the improvement I heard. No idea about the USB.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Options
    Thank you!

6f1aro27znvv.jpg

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Hmm

The RAL's are $650

I have nothing but respect for DK, and he seems to have a great ear and clearly has great knowledge and gear. But right now I am sitting here switching back and forth between an MIT Coax cable I bought here years ago, amd the wireworld gold starlight 6 I bought from @marvda1, and I'm sorry but there is a CLEAR difference between two, even on my modest rig. The MIT has a more forward and energetic presentation, which surprises me. Definitely fun to compare, and you should be able to find something much better than what you have for $50-75, maybe less...

So you like the MIT coax over the Wireworld? What mit is it? I have an old Avt1 maybe i should be putting that back in the rig?
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    Thank you!

6f1aro27znvv.jpg

Cool, USPS got it there quicker than I expected. You're welcome!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
  • rooftop59
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Nice Dave👍

Yea very cool @DaveHo!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • rooftop59
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    Hmm

The RAL's are $650

So you like the MIT coax over the Wireworld? What mit is it? I have an old Avt1 maybe i should be putting that back in the rig?

I will have to check but maybe it is av2???
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    Hmm

The RAL's are $650

I will have to check but maybe it is av2???

Got ya. I have a few myself the mit av1, Wireworld Starlight silver 7, Cullen, Monster, and another one that I cannot remember the brand. I haven't used the AV1 in a bit so maybe i to put it back in the system for a bit.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.