hxzsniwzw9xz.png
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    CH46E wrote: »
    Little beach patrol in the side by side today. vds16x2xawc7.jpg
    y5n8ha3b0r91.jpg
    pgalz6o0vpn7.jpg

I MUST move to Florida.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    edited July 2021
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Burgundy Madagascan Owl

ud4vc1qvpxv0.png

Is that real?
    I'mma looking that up....
    😁

No.
    It would appear that Mr. Falcon got himself an owl and a can of Krylon spray paint and ..
    ......well, anything for a good photo op. 😳
    Sal Palooza
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited July 2021
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Little beach patrol in the side by side today. vds16x2xawc7.jpg
    y5n8ha3b0r91.jpg
    pgalz6o0vpn7.jpg

I MUST move to Florida.

I MUST MOVE TO AZ. Well actually I am by years end. Can't wait. Tired of being wet everytime I walk outside. Tired of all the things in the water here that want to eat me.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited July 2021
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Burgundy Madagascan Owl

ud4vc1qvpxv0.png

Is that real?
    I'mma looking that up....
    😁

No.
    It would appear that Mr. Falcon got himself an owl and a can of Krylon spray paint and ..
    ......well, anything for a good photo op. 😳

It would appear that in the late 1800's there actually was a Red Madagascar owl. It hasn't been found in a very long time.
    That picture is not it but it is cool.

From Wikipedia

It is a rare resident of Madagascar that was virtually unknown from its discovery in 1876 to its rediscovery by researchers from the World Wide Fund for Nature in 1993. It is currently listed as vulnerable because of habitat loss,
  • CH46E
    edited July 2021
    @steveinaz. Have you ever been to Florida in the summer time?

If not, and you want to see (what its like) why I hate it so much, please let me know. For a limited time, I can offer you a free 3 night stay at my place, 10 min from Cocoa Beach. I can pick you up at Orlando International Airport for free.

You have to bring your own personal sweat towel though. 😓.

Me ... as someone from the Mojave Desert, I can say that my experience in FL has been an effing nightmare. Come visit before committing.

Oh and real estate has exploded as of late. We purchased in late 2014 and my property value has almost doubled. Property tax last year was $3,300 or so. Homeowners insurance was almost the same. So figure $500 min a month in escrow on top of P&I for a mortgage. God forbid if you have to have PMI.

Oh.... and any hope of good Mexican food, Hahah throw that **** out the window like a pair of White Van Speakers.

The Grass is Not Greener!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited July 2021
    Yeah... FWIW, I couldn't do Florida, nor the "desert Southwest".
    Having grown up in Charm City (Baltimore), summer heat + humidity (the Tandoori oven effect) is not my idea of pleasant summer living.

We lived in the Silicon Valley for a couple of years, and I I could do San Diego or its environs, if the population were decreased by... oh, I dunno... 75%.

When we lived in CA, gasoline prices were just about the lowest in the country (less than a dollar per gallon for regular, ca. 1990). Not no more. :| There are a couple of things I miss about CA (the availability of so many different kinds of produce of such exceptional quality being the foremost), but it's been quite a while since I was last back to visit, and with each passing year I am less inclined to feel any pull to go back, even for a visit. :/

I (we) like Northern New England -- a lot. I could go on and on as to why. In the context of recent posts here, though, I'll just say that, ca. 8 months out of the year, it's ain't because of the weather ;)

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    tonyb wrote: »
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    q72mof1d7p1z.jpg

Dang, I need all that. Going into the city this week. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and all that.

That is several thousand tons of "cure" right there. Just what Baltimore needs. :o
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    q72mof1d7p1z.jpg

Nice garage sale find!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    hw1cuqm75zed.jpg

Tony B now this keep ya safe anywhere in the City...
  • CH46E
    h1f24j3l8izz.jpgq244ls6die6z.jpg

its bio time on the river....very cool especially when fighting a large fish...the under boat glow is NOT from mounted lights its all Mother Nature here

Kennedy space center in the background?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Great images, too!
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    h1f24j3l8izz.jpgq244ls6die6z.jpg

its bio time on the river....very cool especially when fighting a large fish...the under boat glow is NOT from mounted lights its all Mother Nature here

Kennedy space center in the background?

not sure but we were heading towards Titusville from 520 heading to Haulover canal
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Must be Arizona
    :D:D
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    6 working days left you bastads. Tony, it's time for an Arizona trip. Charley, quit being so damn cranky.
    m51kkgr5vocf.jpg

Good feeling isn't it?
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    6 working days left you bastads. Tony, it's time for an Arizona trip. Charley, quit being so damn cranky.
    m51kkgr5vocf.jpg

Soon Steve. We save our warm weather trips for when it's a bit colder here. Congrats on the retirement, now you just have to find things to keep yourself busy.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable