Sippin' tequila

Comments

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Bump
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    Found this hiding down on a bottom shelf at the ABC...such a deal! And if you drop it by accident, it bounces!

evv3bohn62id.png
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    Found this to try. ttw7nobeyhx7.jpg
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    edited May 2021
    StevieB wrote: »
    Found this hiding down on a bottom shelf at the ABC...such a deal! And if you drop it by accident, it bounces!

evv3bohn62id.png

What's that? Something revenge....

Get the vodka next to it at least it makes great carpet cleaner. You drink that tookilya you'll probably need the carpet cleaner 😁
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Sits right next to Taaka vodka that goes for around $10 for 1.75L

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    edited May 2021
    Here are a few newish offerings that I have been enjoying:
    acqt7of9mb2l.jpg
    zfcu2a4qaj4p.jpg
    btxvqlmoloc0.jpg
    I haven't been able to try this one yet, but it's making a pretty big splash in the tequila community. Be advised, though, it spends a little time in used mezcal barrels, which will impart a slightly smoky flavor.
    fzneq1tj0afy.jpg
    You really can't go wrong with any of the ArteNOM offerings you might see. It's a great project where the owner of the brand contracts with various well-known/respected distillers to make different offerings.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2
    That first one looks good
  • jdjohn
    I've only been able to try Hermosa's blanco, but have gone through about 3 bottles at this point :# I am a blanco guy...but understand it's not everyone's cup of tea-quila :D
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Casa Noble resposado
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited May 2021
    "Milagro" is a super-fresh tequila for the money---great in 'rita's, and not crazy expensive. Downside, it does not have the "oakiness" of a good mellow sipping Tequila.
    o613lq7qkm1g.jpg
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • jdjohn
    Willow wrote: »
    Casa Noble resposado
    CNR is what started it all for me. I tried a couple more brands before it, but once I tried CNR and it's fudginess with the aging in toasted French oak barrels, I was hooked. Unfortunately, once they sold-out to the huge Constellation Brands conglomerate, their flavor profile changed to something I don't like anymore. I know several other people that feel the same.
    steveinaz wrote: »
    "Milagro" is a super-fresh tequila for the money---great in 'rita's, and not crazy expensive. Downside, it does not have the "oakiness" of a good mellow sipping Tequila.
    It is a nice gateway tequila since it is on the softer side, and easy to drink.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Willow wrote: »
    Casa Noble resposado
    CNR is what started it all for me. I tried a couple more brands before it, but once I tried CNR and it's fudginess with the aging in toasted French oak barrels, I was hooked. Unfortunately, once they sold-out to the huge Constellation Brands conglomerate, their flavor profile changed to something I don't like anymore. I know several other people that feel the same.
    steveinaz wrote: »
    It is a nice gateway tequila since it is on the softer side, and easy to drink.

Interesting, I just picked it up on Friday, never tried it before. I find it has a vanilla and or butterscotch flavor and is decent for sure.
  • jdjohn
    Yeah, Casa Noble's use of Limousin French oak barrels for aging has set them apart over the years in their taste profile. I noticed they recently changed their packaging/bottle, which is kind of sad since their classic stumpy/squarish bottle was kind of iconic for them. New bottle designs normally means a new importer. I guess the new tall slim design gives a smaller footprint on the shelf, and the height will put the label on the same horizontal level as other brands. There really is a science to bottle design and presentation.

Sadly, CN's long-time marketing director recently left to go work for Kendall Jenner's new 818 tequila brand. Sad times for CN.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    Wait a minute. People SIP tequila?
    I guess gulping it down was the wrong approach!
    Back in the the day I had a number of lost evenings
    that ended in an empty bottle. And lost car, keys
    And one day I woke up in a different country.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • jdjohn
    Yeah, man! Tequila is actually a very complex spirit, especially once you get into barrel aging and blending. Typically, the aged expressions of reposado and añejo are what folks sip, and blanco/silver is used for cocktails...but you can also make some killer cocktails with the aged tequilas as a substitute for whiskey/bourbon.

Agave plants take 6-8 years to mature, in which time they take on characteristics of the soil, and store their sugars (or technically starches that eventually get converted to sugar during the cooking process). That long maturation time is what gives tequila complexity. Sadly, some producers use immature agaves to make their tequila, and it simply is not as good.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    pou0uvq40vmu.png
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    Wait a minute. People SIP tequila?
    I guess gulping it down was the wrong approach!
    Back in the the day I had a number of lost evenings
    that ended in an empty bottle. And lost car, keys
    And one day I woke up in a different country.

That sounds like another another casualty of the 'upside down margarita' craze back in the 80's. :#:s
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • pitdogg2
    0zshvb7iob68.jpg

Leap buildings in a single .... well you know the thing..the ..
  • txcoastal1
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• marvda1
    Has anyone tried Tesla tequila? Search YouTube.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • txcoastal1
    marvda1 wrote: »

Yeah I have a bottle sitting right next to my GLENFIDDICH SINGLE MALT 40 YEAR SCOTCH

• pitdogg2
    That knock on your door will be Marvin..
    🤪
  • txcoastal1
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    That knock on your door will be Marvin..
    🤪

https://youtu.be/3Yry4nUBtb4

• marvda1
    edited May 2021
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Yeah I have a bottle sitting right next to my GLENFIDDICH SINGLE MALT 40 YEAR SCOTCH

how much did you pay for it? saw an ad where it was half off a hundred. said they had 10 left. i thought abut it as a collector item.
    thinking this may be a scam as Tesla is out of stock and everyone else is selling it for $250 up to over $1000 a bottle.
    yesterday they had 10 bottles left and today rhey have 12 bottles left with a timer countdown for time left on the sale.
    can't find any info as to where they ship from or phone numbers.
    Post edited by marvda1 on
    Puritan PSM156
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

how much did you pay for it? saw an ad where it was half off a hundred. said they had 10 left. i thought abut it as a collector item.
    thinking this may be a scam as Tesla is out of stock and everyone else is selling it for $250 up to over $1000 a bottle.
    yesterday they had 10 bottles left and today rhey have 12 bottles left with a timer countdown for time left on the sale.
    can't find any info as to where they ship from or phone numbers.

It was a joke Marvin, that scotch is 4K a bottle

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    A realistic vision from the mind of @jdjohn.....

nvu9v21e8d5l.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    I will state, Jody has shared a list with me and all that I've tried from his list was absolutely fabulous. Just pour it in a glass and drink.
    FANTASTIC Agave squeeze'ins
  • jdjohn
    treitz3 wrote: »
    A realistic vision from the mind of @jdjohn.....

nvu9v21e8d5l.png

Tom
    Too funny. That was last night, for sure, as I did more evaluating of the Snake River power cord B)
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I will state, Jody has shared a list with me and all that I've tried from his list was absolutely fabulous. Just pour it in a glass and drink.
    FANTASTIC Agave squeeze'ins
    Hey, Ivan...did you ever try that Fortaleza?
  • pitdogg2
    Hey, Ivan...did you ever try that Fortaleza?
    Yes I did, the best so far! I've got an order in to try and get another.